It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over in Australia….‘Sexual Consent Expert’ Says Parents Should Ask Permission Before Changing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Not completely true.

An extremely cognitively advanced child might be able to start comprehending what you are about at that age, but this is vanishingly rare in the population. Such a child would likely have parent/s in that cognitive level as well. So we are talking Stephen Hawking's kid in the metaphorical sense.

And because there is such a thing as asynchronous development, meaning the brain develops at different levels in such children, it's likely the cognitive advancement would not be matched by appropriate physical development.

So your Einstein baby might understand you telling him or her that you are going to change their diaper, might resent you having to do it, but not have the physical control to actually do anything about it developmentally.

But we are talking something like 1 in 100,000 kids or something.

So the lessons to be learned?

1. Never baby talk to your child.

2. Just change the diaper!
edit on 12-5-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

oh get over it, you're mad over internet words, haven't you ever heard the phrase, "other peoples opinion of you is none of your business." buck up, and move on.... there are other matters in this world to be mad at, not a post on a forum..

Mate, NB knows I was ribbing him. In hindsight I should of done a
face to highlight it was in jest but experience has told me before that it flies over people's noggin.

I ain't mad! I love me my NB!

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yup..

“If you have a problem with this say so now?”

“Yup no objections”.. lol

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Funny no one ever mentions the UBBER liberal Nordic countries that have literally the highest standard of living on the planet.. and often the most beautiful women.. and men I guess.

Seems to me america has been falling behind all the countries where the government steps in and aids the community..

China has become an economic giant by subsidizing manufacturing..

We have literally the most expensive healthcare on the planet, and yet don’t even have the best healthcare on the planet..

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TrueBrit

Not completely true.

An extremely cognitively advanced child might be able to start comprehending what you are about at that age, but this is vanishingly rare in the population. Such a child would likely have parent/s in that cognitive level as well. So we are talking Stephen Hawking's kid in the metaphorical sense.

Indeed it's a one in a billion event, but it's the old dry British humour pointing out if you've taught your child to understand such a complex, abstract and profound topic as consent but you haven't taught them to use a potty you've got your priorities wrong.

ETA: Sorry hadn't continued reading your post. Ahh I never knew that, have a fourth old nephew (whose favourite thing in the whole world is letting rip deafening farts, powered by colic, when I've in the supermarket with him then laughing so hard he screams for a minute or two to make sure eveyone in the shops knows he was the one that dealt it). Hoping to get him potty trained ASAP as it's really hard not to laugh when he does it, right cheeky bugger.
edit on 12-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Most parents at that point wouldn't get that the kid had any notion of consent. That kid might not either, only that the kid understood that he'd crapped himself and was ticked he'd done it and that his parents were cleaning it up. Kid might want to take care of it himself, but not have the physical ability to do it, potty or otherwise.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I too thought this was utterly ridiculous but after sleeping on it, I've decided it's actually not that crazy.
It's not about the baby being able to decide, it's not about any of the cr@p we've been laughing about...
It's about creating a culture of consent, which in my eyes is fine.
It's about PRACTICING asking another human being if what we are about to do is ok. Baby then picks up on the fact that asking consent, before you do something that effects the other person, is the way we generally should behave....
.....And I'm totally cool with that.
This morning when my 8 month old soiled herself, I told her what I was doing and that I hoped she was ok with that. I think she enjoyed that more that my usual goo ga baby noises. She's going to know from a young age that her Daddy respects her.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: DBCowboy

Saw this earlier, and only one thing to say....

I really can't add more.

To Add🙄

This is just a progression of the Progressive mental disorder. You can tell which stage the disease is at by looking at the person. As it progresses to this late stage, a person's hair turns purple.

Seriously, though, if Progressivism is allowed to run riot, the madness will just get worse and worse.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: homerJ

What you have done with your 8mo is very important - not from the consent practicing point of view - but helping develop language and social cues. Keep talking and try not to goo goo ga ga too much!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
She's going to know from a young age that her Daddy respects her.

Or she is going to know from a young age that if she wants she can sit in her own sh!t and generally do what she wants.
Good luck when she's 7 or 8 and decides she's done with school. I can just see it now...

'oh please please dearest, please go to school, please give me your consent".

"no, sod off daddy... I respect you and all, but I've decided to instead hang out with my buddies for the next few years and learn how to steal cars... and before you ask, yeah, I have sh!t myself again".

edit on 13/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

"no, sod off daddy... I respect you and all, but I've decided to instead hang out with my buddies for the next few years and learn how to steal cars... and before you ask, yeah, I have sh!t myself again".

I just had the voice of Little Princess in my head as I read that >.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

My mum mentioned this to me today and i thought it had to be a joke.

Have a look at this 'expert'. I bet she came up with this lunacy while acid tripping at an illegal rave party.

So when the child says 'no' which most toddlers would, you are going to change the nappy anyway. What are you teaching them then? Goes against the whole 'No means No' campaign doesn't it.

Maybe she is trying to prepare children for any future traveling the child may do to the USA where the TSA and police may ask for permission before conducting a cavity search by force.

I would like to know if she can actually remember a single occasion of having her nappy changed when she was a child. Can anyone remember ? I certainly can't.

This is another fine example of what has gone wrong with our society. You get morons getting paid to make this crap up and even bigger Morons that actually listen to it and before you know it, your frowned upon for not conforming and eventually they make laws to force the lunacy upon you. All because someone with pink hair took acid and decided changing a nappy was some kind of sexual experience.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

OK so what happens when the infant chooses not to have their feces filled nappy changed and stays in it for a day or two...

How retarded, next we should be asking infants what they prefer to eat....
well
At least the body language of eating is much clearer than having a nappy change, which this lady will get when she finally has one of her own. Can't wait till she has to take her own advice.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
(lol) One fact about those loons is they do provide comic relief. (lol) That was a good laugh, thanks for sharing, OP. :-)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Does she have children and did she ask her babies if it was ok to change their diapers every time while at the same time working full time as a "Sexual Consent Expert" (what ever that is).... cause I can tell you my kids where lucky I remember to change their diapers and wasn't to exhausted to do so after working full time.

By the way I to am a Sexual Consent Expert ... I know that you dont have sex unless you have consent... what else is there to know on the subject?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

OK so what happens when the infant chooses not to have their feces filled nappy changed and stays in it for a day or two...

How retarded, next we should be asking infants what they prefer to eat....
well
At least the body language of eating is much clearer than having a nappy change, which this lady will get when she finally has one of her own. Can't wait till she has to take her own advice.

Thats all this is , she has no experience with kids and thinks she knows better, reminds me of friends that had a kid and they had the philosophy they weren't going to say no to the child, we laughed, they got pissed off with us, now they laugh about how silly they were thinking they would be able to avoid the word no..

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Something similar happened with my sister in law.

We went to vist her while she was pregnant with her first and we had two 4 and 7. My kids are a bit timid and like to stick close to use and not adventure out too much. Something I actually dont like and try to nudge them out of. So my pregnant sister in law saw this and proclaimed she would never put up with such clingy behavior; that she'd push her baby out of the nest right away so she and the baby could do their own separate things.

Now that her baby is 1.5 years old she cant put her down. The baby always wants the brest and no one else can hold her or console her. So this passed week end when my sister in law lamented on how other people seem to judge her for how her kid acts I reminded her how she did the same thing about our kids.

The my experience I gain in my own life the more I find how inexperienced I am.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I love babies, everybody does, but good grief this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read!

What if the baby says no?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Then it's either a rolled up newspaper or a rub their nose in their own #e time i imagine.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join