It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over in Australia….‘Sexual Consent Expert’ Says Parents Should Ask Permission Before Changing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Permission???

With some of the smells and situations that weans produce???

To be honest the wee bastards should be thankful for the assistance or do it themselves. LoL

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I understand the suggestion is to start conversations where the child has a chance to respond as early as possible but my initial thought upon a headline I had seen regarding this (before reading the article) was "Yeah sure explain that to CPS when sores start forming and their skin starts splitting open"

-Alee

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Do they ask permission before ripping them apart in an abortion?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hahahaaa!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Actually you are letting them know their response doesn't matter. Let's take this a step further and apply this logic to adults.

When you are about to have sex with a girl, make eye contact, and let her know you are about to do it. Then just do it regardless of what their response is. It let's them know their response matters.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Reading about this made me splutter and go "Harrumph!"

Where do these "experts" come from? I wish they would go away.

It's Friday afternoon here in the UK and it will soon be time for my "medicine".

By which I mean:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What do you do when the baby says no?

Why would one need to be used to giving consent for that.

What is wrong with this expert?

Kids and sex should not be mixed in such fashion.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Depends.

Beautiful work! Cleaning the coffee off my desk now.

I'm done with the internet today!

Thank you!!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Australia lost their credibility when their ridiculous Nazi-like gun control failed to lower the violent crime rate (it rose) and failed to prevent a mass shooting (just recently)

Australia = failing liberal "paradise"

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Australia lost their credibility when their ridiculous Nazi-like gun control failed to lower the violent crime rate (it rose) and failed to prevent a mass shooting (just recently)

Australia = failing liberal "paradise"

Citation needed.

You won't find one. Nice try with the insult though, apparently that's all you have.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Actually you are letting them know their response doesn't matter. Let's take this a step further and apply this logic to adults.

When you are about to have sex with a girl, make eye contact, and let her know you are about to do it. Then just do it regardless of what their response is. It let's them know their response matters.

That plus if some super genius toddler capable of understanding what consent means (comes more around 18), surely it follow a significant portion worried be horrified/traumatised their parents were using sexual act consent language before changing the nappy hinting they're getting their rocks off from the experience. I imagine a similar trauma/bonding problems may occur on the parents side if they regularly have to entertain the specious notion there's anything the least bit sexual about changing a nappy.

Will babies with a runny stomach be out on trial for sexual harrasment if someone claimed the kid was doing it on purpose so they'd be felt up, was a flasher, into watersports/scat etc..?
edit on 11-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: rickymouse

Damn them.

I did NOT give consent!

Yeah...me too. How depressing. I was scarred for life by not being asked if I needed my nappy changed. Back when I was young all diapers were cotton and needed to be washed, your mother got you potty trained before you were a year old.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Says the person defending a psychotic feminist (who never had children) trying to chastise parents for meeting their child's medical needs.

Once again, look up "implied consent." You don't need an infant (who can't provide consent for a myriad of reasons) to consent to basic and required hygiene/healthcare.

Further, any sicko who would improperly conflate infant hygiene with some sick sex act is clearly obsessed with sick sex acts. Get real.

...and since an infant can't consent, lets see how many moron parents follow this brain-dead Australian woman's "advice" and end up making their children extremely sick.
Hint: her advice is actually known as "child abuse" in most developed/civilized nations.

edit on 5/11/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Depends.

*snicker*

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The term 'nappy' as an Oz colloquialism means all forms of wearable infant waste entrapment systems known as 'diapers' in some foreign societies. The name comes from napkin which is what they initially looked like being a square piece of cotton towelling material.

If a child is developed enough to understand the process and be capable of granting permission for required attention then they're ready to start making the transition to using the can which is where I believe all this PC stuff should be placed.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

It just goes to show that America does not own the franchise on incredibly stupid people.

Nope everyone is stupid.. This is how stupid people are..

star for you sir. one of the best pics ever.... this is too funny. I always tell the youngsters, I'm so old I remember when a hashtag was a pound sign..

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Still mad at you for insinuating I was dumb.

oh get over it, you're mad over internet words, haven't you ever heard the phrase, "other peoples opinion of you is none of your business." buck up, and move on.... there are other matters in this world to be mad at, not a post on a forum..

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

This is bogus.

For a start, the words you use to a child young enough to require a change of nappy, are going to make no difference whatsoever to their conception of consent in later life. Why? Because you could say "Cabbage on toast and hippo juice? Pancake fliparooney!" OR ask their permission, OR just tell them what is going to happen, and they would STILL smile at you, or cry, or fart, or do whatever it is they were doing in the first place, and learn no more or less from it.

If your child is capable of understanding or learning from your query, and is still in nappies, you have bigger problems than whether or not they understand consent.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

You ought to try reading every post in a thread, before reacting to, or posting responses to members comments.

You might wind up looking slightly less of a knee jerking, reactionary snowflake. Now, stow it where the sun shineth not.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Permission is one thing, but common sense a whole nother matter.

Tend to agree though, any kid that can understand the query should be at the very least on the potty.

Crap like this is in the same genre as those mad tree huggers that breastfeed their weans until the age of 10.

edit on 12-5-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join