It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over in Australia….‘Sexual Consent Expert’ Says Parents Should Ask Permission Before Changing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Still mad at you for insinuating I was dumb.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I'd quote all of that..

You are a parent. I would not want to change the way you do so. Sounds to me like you did it as my mother and father have over 44+ years ago. It's a growing process. 🤗

Eventually I caught onto the language too and displayed my dismay.... parent's know when something is off with their child. No need to inflict more fear on them.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: rickymouse

Wholeheartedly agree except it's nappy, not diaper

Over here when you tell the kid it's nappy time it means time to go to sleep. What do you say when it is time for the kid to take a nap?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Wholeheartedly agree except it's nappy, not diaper

We should not impose labels on the child. Let the infant choose.

#MePoo

After pounding the poo ,what do you use it for?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

oh FFS :

whaty is the point of " seeking consent " - which cannot be given ?

and most important :

in the absence of consent - does one leave the rug rat stewing in its own waste ?

hey - it didnt consent - sop i didnt do it

an interesting legal " defence " for future child abusers

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
I actually have to look at my own behaviour with consent to, come to think of it. I'm a hugger. A huuuuuuuuge hugger. I don't usually ask for consent to hug. And I have found out after some actually don't like being hugged. I feel guilty about that.

Also my cat hates her belly being tickled. I try to stop but it's just so hard whenever I see that cute fluffy tums turned out.

Lord help me.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

A nap. Or sleepytime.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't know why we are even discussing this, changing a kids diaper sucks. They should be the ones begging us to change their diaper. It infringes on my rights of sanitation to have to smell that crap and have the baby pee at us when we are trying to change them. Sometimes that diaper is definitely chemical warfare.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Still mad at you for insinuating I was dumb.

There are always exception, my friend

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I think this is perhaps what the 'expert' intended. Well not the conversation about changing nappies and consent but the conversation of teaching the idea of consent to children. Children who are able to actually understand a complex construct like that

Or at least as parents, demonstrate the ideas through other means. Practice what you preach kind of deal. Then monkey see monkey do.

Obviously it's not going to be effectual for some individuals. Some have intellectual disabilities or behavioural etc and there are some kids who, quite frankly, grow up and are sexual deviants - any teaching of consent ain't gonna stop their compulsions.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

On iPod. If I could have a picture of a cute spider saying sorry that would be great but I can't without draining my battery or crashing the browser.

But I was ribbing you

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't know why we are even discussing this, changing a kids diaper sucks. They should be the ones begging us to change their diaper. It infringes on my rights of sanitation to have to smell that crap and have the baby pee at us when we are trying to change them. Sometimes that diaper is definitely chemical warfare.

I remember one time I was lying on the bed and my wife brought in our infant son.

She placed our little bambino on our bed and proceeded to change his diaper. The little guy, fully commando, thought it would be a good time to let loose his bladder.

A perfect arc, right to the back of my head.

Frickin epic.

edit on 10-5-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

But I was ribbing you

You don't even need my consent

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Haha! My buddy got me square in the eye. Had that cheeky adorable expression on his face and I had to laugh. Hey if I could do it I would have too!

Born freeeeeee

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

That's lucky. Autocorrect had it as rubbing.

That would have been ironic!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I think this is perhaps what the 'expert' intended. Well not the conversation about changing nappies and consent but the conversation of teaching the idea of consent to children. Children who are able to actually understand a complex construct like that

Or at least as parents, demonstrate the ideas through other means. Practice what you preach kind of deal. Then monkey see monkey do.

Obviously it's not going to be effectual for some individuals. Some have intellectual disabilities or behavioural etc and there are some kids who, quite frankly, grow up and are sexual deviants - any teaching of consent ain't gonna stop their compulsions.

The guy has probably never had a baby or changed a diaper in his whole life. It is good to be nice to your kids, I changed a lot of diapers in my life, but the kid needs to know it needs to be done when you are willing to do it. I have no problem with a kid coming to me and asking to change a diaper, but when they need a diaper changed, I do not like when they fight you because that can lead to a big mess with poop all over the place.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: rickymouse

I remember one time I was lying on the bed and my wife brought in our infant son.

She placed our little bambino on our bed and proceeded to change his diaper. The little guy, fully commando, thought it would be a good time to let loose his bladder.

A perfect arc, right to the back of my head.

Frickin epic.

That was not an accident. it was planned between the baby and your wife to happen that way.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Now what I haven't told you, is that I'm really from Oz..and let's just say I needed lots of consensual nappy changes..

edit on 10-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Damn them.

I did NOT give consent!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

That right there is relevant on so many levels

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>