It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over in Australia….‘Sexual Consent Expert’ Says Parents Should Ask Permission Before Changing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Dangerous: Appearing on Australian television Tuesday, sexuality expert Deanne Carson raised eyebrows across the planet with a bizarre claim.
Carson, who describes herself as “a leading Australian sexuality educator, researcher, speaker, author and ultimate keeper of a straight face when dispelling children’s misconceptions about bodies and baby making,” told ABC that parents should ask their baby’s consent before changing their diapers.

She called it an important step to establish a “culture of consent” in the home.
Carson instructed parents to make eye contact with their infants, and ask, “‘I’m going to change your nappy now, is that okay?’ Of course the baby is not going to respond ‘yes mum, that’s awesome. I’d love to have my nappy changed,’” she said.
“But if you leave a space, and wait for body language and wait to make eye contact, then you’re letting that child know that their response matters.”

Over in Australia….‘Sexual Consent Expert’ Says Parents Should Ask Permission Before Changing Babies’ Diapers

Why hasn't a spider or snake or drop bear incapacitated this loon?

It just goes to show that America does not own the franchise on incredibly stupid people.

It is things like this that really make me fear for the future. Not for me so much. I'm old, I'd just slap the idiot if she tried to train me.

But there are generations that might actually believe her. And then we'd have global stupidity. A NEW WORLD MORON ORDER.

Members who are Aussies? Could you put a digereedoo in her face or something? What is a digereedoo anyway? Is that like a penis or something?

Thanks for reading.

+1 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I will wait until the parents of the child with autism who cannot make eye contact in order to give this consent get charged with horrible abuse and neglect.

Then there is my cousin's daughter who absolutely hated, HATED to have her diaper changed. No matter what, she wasn't going to consent to any of it at any time. So what then?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What the...?

Now, i don't have children, but i think the diaper has to be changed anyway. What if the baby's body language replies "no" and the diaper is dirty and health issues arise?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just stopped in to see your new signature. As usual, never disappointed.

Now I've to return to my toddler awaiting permission to change his diaper.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
What the...?

Now, i don't have children, but i think the diaper has to be changed anyway. What if the baby's body language replies "no" and the diaper is dirty and health issues arise?

Then you, good sir, are a baby ignorer.

#HateTheBabyIgnorers

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I will wait until the parents of the child with autism who cannot make eye contact in order to give this consent get charged with horrible abuse and neglect.

Then there is my cousin's daughter who absolutely hated, HATED to have her diaper changed. No matter what, she wasn't going to consent to any of it at any time. So what then?

So you're against people who make potty in their pants?

+3 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Depends.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

What the devil is a nappy?

As much as they huff and puff..I've found aussies not to be very bright. Yep, the same people who love to say 'muricuh!' Perhaps they're all holding on to the latent trauma of having their nappy violated by their parents.

edit on 10-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

A sleepy you take after an eaty.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

OK so what happens when the infant chooses not to have their feces filled nappy changed and stays in it for a day or two...

How retarded, next we should be asking infants what they prefer to eat....

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A sleepy you take after an eaty.

I was going to work in 'taking a nappy' for this sleepy buddha, but I'm tired

edit on 10-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Just stopped in to see your new signature. As usual, never disappointed.

Now I've to return to my toddler awaiting permission to change his diaper.

Unless you asked your toddler for a permission to check DBCowboy's new signature too, then that is just wrong!

link   

As much as they huff and puff..I've found aussies not to be very bright.

I know right, when I picture the average American I think of those swamp dwelling gator eating types from the TV show, or the peppers show cause they reflect the intelligence of the average American, right... ..

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

As much as they huff and puff..I've found aussies not to be very bright.

I know right, when I picture the average American I think of those swamp dwelling gator eating types from the TV show, or the peppers show cause they reflect the intelligence of the average American, right... ..

Oops did I find an Aussie?

I'm not talking about frickin' Steve Irwin or anything. I'm talking about either people I've talked to, or certain members..

or this golden boy..

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, as we all know, children spring fully formed and mature from the womb much like Athena from Zeus's head.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Free speech and expression Mr. Fin!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'm American, I just like living in oz .

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Saw this earlier, and only one thing to say....

I really can't add more.

To Add🙄

edit on 10-5-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What degree do you get to be considered a sexual convent expert?!?!

Lol

This is one idiot..

This is not the beginnings of some deeper trend.

If something sounds too stupid for everyone to agree we should all start doing that. Then 99.9% chance we will not be agreeing and swap to doing that..

This is the type of propaganda TPTB use to get us..

They find some idiot spouting nonsense then pretend like there is some sestimic problem they need to be elected to fix... or more often you need to click their website to help fix..

As soon as 15% of american families are asking their children’s permission to change them. Wake me up..

Lol

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'm American, I just like living in oz .

Understood

There's plenty of Americans that I loathe anyway. I'm an equal opportunity hater.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join