It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran calling blast psychological warfare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Iran reported "something" happened. right? the story was changed several times...right? Now, they couldnt have lied to save face because they didnt know what it was?

They reported that an explosion happened. They jumped to conclusions and had to change their story several times because their news service is an assortment of inept and bumbling incompetents.

The world laughs at their stupidity. Therefore they try to shift the spotlight to the US because they are embarassed and are trying to save face.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Jsobecky, yes, that could be. In all probability it is. But part of me says not to put it past this government either. A warning shot.
There's nothing unbeleivable about this. I'd be saying this even if i did not dislike the current government.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I would expect they would have waited longer than 6 hours or however long before giving up on not knowing and saying it was a construction thing. There was a remarkably fast turn around on what happened. It came out there was a blast. Then Israel denied having anything to do with it at about the same time it was reported a plane may have fired a missle. The AP report I read said they interviewed two residents who said they didn't hear a thing. Then Iran and Syria form this partnership. Shortly after that, Iran says, "whoop, nevermind, it was just a construction site, but everything we said still stands."

Yep, sure does sound like an American conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Jsobecky, yes, that could be. In all probability it is. But part of me says not to put it past this government either. A warning shot.
There's nothing unbeleivable about this. I'd be saying this even if i did not dislike the current government.

To believe it was a warning shot you would have to accuse the Iranian news service of lying. You would have to totally ignore these statements:

Iranian television sent waves through world markets on Wednesday when it reported an explosion and cited
witnesses saying it may have been caused by a plane firing a missile. The report raised fears of a strike by Israel or the
United States, which accuses Tehran of secretly developing nuclear arms.
< snip>
After oil markets ticked up and the U.S. stock market briefly dropped, Iranian officials quelled concern by announcing
the blast was linked to construction of a dam.

The Iranians admitted the blast was their doing. Why do you continue to defend them and indict the US?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sorry, Tempe.

Iran says, "someone is bombing us!!".

The US says "huh?"

Iran says, "Oops, sorry! it wasn't a bomb or a tank dropped from an airplane, it was a construction explosion of some kind at a dam site."

The rest of the world says "whew"

First Iranian says, "Geez, we look like a bunch of retards....I KNOW! We'll blame the US for psyops."

Second Iranian says, "Are you kidding? We reported it first and we said we were wrong. Are we going to say that the Americans broke in and kidnapped our radio and tv station and made the announcement? How would anyone in any city in the world believe something that dumb?

First Iranian says (grinning wickedly), "There's always someone who will believe stuff like this, just to try to make the US look bad!".

Hmmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yea, yeah, ok- for the first time since i've been posting here i will say:

LOOKS LIKE YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT AND I AM WRONG.

Ok? I just threw it out there and then got cought up in the passion of it all...

I can own up to being wrong- I'm not perfect.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well, I shouldn't have been so snippy with you either, dgtempe. My bad.

We'll just chalk this up to a BYU/ASU rivalry, okay?

Peace.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
dg

I'm just dying to know what that image was in your last post...it shows up as a box with a red X in it.

Btw, good for you to admit you were wrong. Not too many here would have the courage to do that.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Its the picture of a pathetic little girl crying.....

I can see it just fine.

No problem, i get carried away sometimes

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Man-o-man some of you people need to get out more often!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join