It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran calling blast psychological warfare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.swissinfo.org...

February 17, 2005 4:00 PM

Iran calls blast scare "psychological warfare"

By Parisa Hafezi

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran says a brief worldwide scare over a blast near its only nuclear reactor was engineered by
Washington as part of "psychological warfare" against Tehran and its nuclear programme.

Iranian television sent waves through world markets on Wednesday when it reported an explosion and cited
witnesses saying it may have been caused by a plane firing a missile. The report raised fears of a strike by Israel or the
United States, which accuses Tehran of secretly developing nuclear arms.

Washington denied any knowledge of the blast. The Al-Alam station, broadcasting in Arabic, later dropped the
reference to the missile and said a fuel tank might have fallen from a plane.

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hey I believe it, even I though US was attacking Iran too. I have to tell you it did work with our minds after all.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Where are all those who said this government would never stoop to this>

Oh yes they would.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

as per the article
Iran says a brief worldwide scare over a blast near its only nuclear reactor was engineered by Washington as part of "psychological warfare" against Tehran and its nuclear programme.

Let me see here, Iran state run TV reported this first, not the western press, not the U.S. press. Iran then reports that it was an "unidentified aircraft" firing a missile within their airspace, then it was this and then it was that...no, it was that, then it was this....now its "psychological warfare" all perpetuated by the 'Great Satan," the U.S?!

Hmmm, Iran reports it first and then blames the U.S. for that reporting?
Tehran 'Bob' has definately been smoking way toooooooo much wacky weed.

Noentheless, I find it ironic that it had many within ATS and in the Iranian government wetting their pants over this occurance.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The blast was caused by, and reported by, the Iranians. Why in the world would you two try to implicate the US in this? Do you hate the US so much?

It's obvious the Iran gov't. is trying to save face over this...of course thay will try to blame the US. But I guess that never would occur to you, would it?
:shk:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Glad I wasn't the only one laughing at the absurdity of this, seeker.

Just how is it psychological warfare when Iranian state run media did the reporting? I mean, seriously, can someone explain just how that works?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Im simply reporting on a story. This is the story TODAY.

Make of it what you will. Yes, they could be lying, so could WE.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

How is this 'simply reporting a story'?

Where are all those who said this government would never stoop to this>

Oh yes they would.

Seems you hate Bush so much, that you'd give your country just to make a point. I've read a lot of your posts, and you point fingers at 'Bush Co.' for everything wrong in the world that's in the media. You even take news that some of us would consider 'positive' and cry 'conspiracy'.

Tempe, you should grab a martini and relax. (My treat next time I'm in Phoenix!)

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I see, so no story can be posted that could possibly accuse this current administration of anything. NOT.

I dont put this administration past ANYTHING. I'm still entitled to my own thoughts- up to now. It is possible that we did this as a warning shot. Very possible. I am not in denial.
like some of you. As far as that drink invite...no thanks..i dont drink. I like being sober. Thanks anyways.

SHOOT THE MESSENGER

[edit on 18-2-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If this is U.S. psychological warfare, it's certainly working. The Iranians are obviously losing their minds!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's this me or some "conspiracy on" bush bashes on ATS, now is some targeting on Bush bashing?

The calvary is sure to come in force

Well despise of who did the news first US media made sure is was a good one.

I even felt for it.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as per the article
Iran says a brief worldwide scare over a blast near its only nuclear reactor was engineered by Washington as part of "psychological warfare" against Tehran and its nuclear programme.

Let me see here, Iran state run TV reported this first, not the western press, not the U.S. press. Iran then reports that it was an "unidentified aircraft" firing a missile within their airspace, then it was this and then it was that...no, it was that, then it was this....now its "psychological warfare" all perpetuated by the 'Great Satan," the U.S?!

Noentheless, I find it ironic that it had many within ATS and in the Iranian government wetting their pants over this occurance.

seekerof

Yes, my friend but until you can proof the contrary, who has been testing Iran military response capabilities to date? Isn't this another test?

I don't think Israel would go there an miss the chance to hit the target!

Why is this not reported in the main media? Let me guess... dirty games?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

as posted by WisdomMaster
Why is this not reported in the main media? Let me guess... dirty games?

Ugh, WisdomMaster, the news on this incident was covered quite extensively by the world press AFTER Tehran/Tehran 'Bob' state run TV and Radio reported it.

"Dirty games"? Yes sir, you bet. All courtesy of the state run Iranian media. Also, ATS search engine is still working quite well (the ATS Google, that is) and there are a number of threads that covered this event from the time that it was first reported.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Er...How could we be lying about this? Iranian State Run TV broke and ran with this story, not the American media!

I do have to say, though, this whole thread is pretty funny. It's also kind of scarey that people are so quick to forget what happened a couple days ago when someone says "conspiracy".

As for the blast, it was at a construction site. Construction is loud! LOUD! If anyone was conducting psy-ops, it was Iran to see what the world's reaction would be if they were to report an unidentified missle strike in their country. I think they're pleased, people are still pissed at the US for Iran conducting construction 60 miles away from their reactor.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I think they're pleased, people are still pissed at the US for Iran conducting construction 60 miles away from their reactor.

Target = Nose
Shot = Right on!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
"Washington denied any knowledge of the blast."
dg didnt put anything into the article that wasnt there, you just didnt read it properly.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
DG simply asked folks what they thought, and people said what they thought. That's when dg asserted that the US could be lying about this. That's what is being addressed here. No, the US couldn't be lying about this unless they controlled the Iranian government and media. If they had that kind of control, though, none of this would be happening.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Iranians are stupid. How did we get the news if they didn't first report it. Most of our news stations weren't even reporting the event and knew nothing about it other than CNN. It was Sky news and the Arab media that reported it first.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Iran reported "something" happened. right? the story was changed several times...right? Now, they couldnt have lied to save face because they didnt know what it was?

This is done all the time. Why is this so darned farfetched to you people?
I give up...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As I watched the developments of the story as many others around I did notices that while the news were brought up it was many assumptions.

The best, here in ATS.............

[edit on 18-2-2005 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join