It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cancels NASA’s greenhouse gas monitoring system after scrapping clean air regulation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JameSimon

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
The European Environment Agency admits that Europe is falling short of the goals. Many countries are. We are polluting less than all of Europe. So Ms. Gallagher will have to do better than that.

Excuse me?

edgar.jrc.ec.europa.eu...

EU28 Population is 500+ million people, USA is less than 400 million. EU28 pollutes less both Per Capita and in actual amount.

- e360.yale.edu...
- www.nytimes.com...
- euanmearns.com...

A source only going up to 2015, and those other sources? Yeeesh. You are excused.

ETA: I mean the NYT article is written by a guy that makes money off climate change, and the other person is their graphic editor for the NYT's climate team for Christ's sake.
edit on 13-5-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: NorthernLites
a reply to: lostbook

Good.

Resources could be better used in other areas of research.

Why wouldnt the National Aeronautics and Space Administration be observing the atmosphere?

Maybe because we have the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I don't understand how studying CO, Co2, and other byproducts that we release into the atmosphere isn't viable and necessary research.

Because Republicans hate science, and facts, and truth. How can you continue to push damaging, irresponsible, infinite growth if people are informed that it has negative consequences?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Good.

Why wouldnt the National Aeronautics and Space Administration be observing the atmosphere?

Okay then why are they shutting it down instead of transferring it? I can give you a hint on request but I doubt you would like it.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Good.

Or.... buy one or two more tanks right.

Looks like that budget can only get us a tank and a half.

Winning.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: lostbook
I'm just a messenger....don't shoot the messenger! Well, it appears that in his efforts to continue his "climate change is a joke" narrative, Trump has now cancelled NASA's Greenhouse Gas Monitoring system. That system WAS known as the Carbon Monitoring System and it used aircraft as well as satellites to keep tabs on the amount of greenhouse gas in the atmosphere.

Donald Trump has cancelled NASA’s greenhouse gas monitoring system, prompting concern it will hinder efforts to bring down global emissions.
The space agency’s Carbon Monitoring System (CMS) has until now used satellite and aircraft instruments to monitor carbon dioxide and methane levels remotely - spending $10m (£7.35m) each year.
But the White House has now scrapped the funding as part of its wider attack on climate science.
The moves jeopardizes plans to verify levels of emissions in the US.

"If you cannot measure emissions reductions, you cannot be confident that countries are adhering to the [Paris climate] agreement," Kelly Sims Gallagher, director of Tufts University's Centre for International Environment and Resource Policy, told Science Magazine.

I'm holding judgement on Trump until I see what he does with his power. I truly hope he doesn't do something really stupid. However, I gotta say that moves such as this make(s) it even harder for me to support him. It seems that Trump is crapping all over our futures. Sure, some of his actions is putting a little money in our pockets in the immediate but those same actions will bring us ruin down the road. Just my opinion. Maybe the Climate Change Budget is a cash cow for some scientists but at least it is something; without it, we have nothing being done about the climate...

But go ahead.......tell me how I'm a liberal-lefty, CNN lover for not agreeing with everything Trump does or says. What do I know anyway? I'm just a messenger..So, what says ATS?

www.yahoo.com...

No one cares what u think at a trillion bucks a whack.

The earth will work it out or do you really think you chumps can change a planet?

Last I heard, you can't change a diaper.

What did I do to you to make you so bitter? I'm just a messenger in this post, remember?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Good.

The technologies for observing the atmosphere from aircraft and space are closer to those that NASA deals with but both agencies have important roles.

NASA has been doing geophysical scientific observations since the beginning the space era.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join