It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Breaks Major Campaign Promise

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthernLites

Can you answer the question about what the C02 levels where 500 million years ago, or will you continue to evade?
In a thread about drug negotiations? I don't think so.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthernLites

Ask him in a thread dealing with the topic, not this one please.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Who would you rather negotiate drug prices? The private sector, or the government?

Since medicare presents a pretty large market I think it can weild a big stick. Isn't that what Trump likes to do? Push those special interests around to get them to fly right?

Who would you rather negotiate drug prices? The private sector, or the government?
I think the government is in a very strong position to do so. And so did Trump, as recently as last year. We know the drug industry has its preference. They're pretty happy about this turn of events.

The two largest indices for biotech and pharmaceutical companies rose about 2 percent after Trump’s speech, as investors saw little to fear for drug makers. The stock prices of Pfizer, Merck, Gilead Sciences, and Amgen all spiked after Trump’s speech.

www.statnews.com...

Q: Is he for Medicare negotiating drug prices or not?

Sean Spicer: He's for it, yes. He wants to make — absolutely. The president's clear — I mean when you look at the cost — not just drug cost. The U.S. government has not done — I mean, you look at what other — frankly, the easier way to look at this is what other countries have done — negotiating costs to keep those down.
www.washingtonpost.com...

I say let’s see how it plays out before we jump to conclusions.
Right. We'll see what happens.

I wonder why his change of heart? Was it because the industry got to him, or is it just because the Democrats like the idea?

I think you are right. Although we would be depending on Medicare to actually use it’s big stick. That being said I agree with you. Trump has appeared to take a bad turn with this issue.

I wonder why his change of heart? Was it because the industry got to him, or is it just because the Democrats like the idea?

Good question.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Big pharma is a scam anyways. +1 for the devils lettuce.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join