It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Breaks Major Campaign Promise

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
One thing that seems to be a common factor with many talking about this administration is how quick people are to suggest he broke a campaign promise that just seems as another form of justification as to how bad he is, or why he should be impeached etc, and though this is not directed at Phage, I think one can not reach such conclusions until a President is done, and then looked back at as to how much effort did they put into the promise if they were not successful.

I keep thinking of President Obama's big promise to have a transparent Government like no one has seen before. In this case he ended up becoming one of the most secreted administrations in history locking FOIA down to almost nothing while not putting anything in front of the people for 8 years.

This would be a broken promise...with Trump we just need to wait and see...

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Finally, this is the ART OF THE DEAL. How many times does this have to be pointed out?

Nah, this is just people riding a bicycle, jamming a broomstick into their own spokes, then blaming Trump when they go ass over teakettle. It's the political equivalent of the Keystone Cops.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's the political equivalent of the Keystone Cops.

Priceless reference

Well played sir

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Look it's Trump pulling the DNC/RINO Senate in the beginning...

edit on Maypm31pmf0000002018-05-11T17:09:40-05:000540 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Its gray and should be discussed as such.

This! ☝

🌟

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The cost of my prescriptions has skyrocketed through this conservative government as they've been pressing the NHS.

Does it bother me? Yes.

Am I going to call for Theresa May to be denounced as PM? No. It's not directly her fault.

The political systems we have are massive machines that we are all but powerless to have any say in. We just have to accept it don't we?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: rickymouse

you all sure lost your #hit when a few couldn't keep their doctors, tho.

but, paying more for prescriptions, no biggie. lol
Well, Being stuck in the middle between earning too much money for Obamacare and not enough to reasonably afford health insurance I have no problem paying more for prescriptions because I don't go to the doctor to get any prescriptions.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Where is the promise?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

than i guess you weren't one of those screeching that obama lied when he said you'd get to keep your doctore. lol

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump is not going to do it the way the Democrats want. He is going to do it the right way.

He promised that Medicare would negotiate drug prices. He just said he's not going to negotiate drug prices.

Democrats have been pressuring Trump ahead of his speech to renew his call for Medicare to negotiate drug prices, something that Trump touted on the campaign trail in 2016, in a break with Republican party orthodoxy.

thehill.com...

Who would you rather negotiate drug prices? The private sector, or the government?

Depending on the conditions usually it’s almost always the private sector. This could very well be (and likely is) better than letting Medicare negotiate.

I say let’s see how it plays out before we jump to conclusions.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hey mod's.
How is this thread not violating the T&C? The OP just copied and pasted the whole thing.

Say it isn't so OP a president broke a campaign promiss. It's like you just started paying attention to the corruption of our system or something.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Who would you rather negotiate drug prices? The private sector, or the government?

Since medicare presents a pretty large market I think it can weild a big stick. Isn't that what Trump likes to do? Push those special interests around to get them to fly right?

I think the government is in a very strong position to do so. And so did Trump, as recently as last year. We know the drug industry has its preference. They're pretty happy about this turn of events.

The two largest indices for biotech and pharmaceutical companies rose about 2 percent after Trump’s speech, as investors saw little to fear for drug makers. The stock prices of Pfizer, Merck, Gilead Sciences, and Amgen all spiked after Trump’s speech.

www.statnews.com...

Q: Is he for Medicare negotiating drug prices or not?

Sean Spicer: He's for it, yes. He wants to make — absolutely. The president's clear — I mean when you look at the cost — not just drug cost. The U.S. government has not done — I mean, you look at what other — frankly, the easier way to look at this is what other countries have done — negotiating costs to keep those down.
www.washingtonpost.com...

I say let’s see how it plays out before we jump to conclusions.
Right. We'll see what happens.

I wonder why his change of heart? Was it because the industry got to him, or is it just because the Democrats like the idea?

edit on 5/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Or maybe we can wait and see what his actual plan does before we criticize. I actually have no idea whether you did or did not, but for me personally anyone who is talking about Trump on the issue who did not call out Obama going back on his word on making drugs cheaper has no place to talk.

Regardless of the hypocrisy of others, I will judge Trump on the results.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Right. We'll see what happens.

“We’ll have much lower prices at the pharmacy counter and it’ll start taking effect immediately,”

www.bloomberg.com...

Of course it depends on the meaning of the word immediately, I guess.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I won't sweat the small stuff, I will be happy if he makes my medicine cheaper. If he does NOTHING then he will be on par with Obama. That's not good enough, I demand better, so I certainly demand he does something.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Does it matter how much cheaper?

(post by NorthernLites removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthernLites

I didn't vote for Hillary.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NorthernLites

I didn't vote for Hillary.
I don't care who you voted for. It wasn't a question.

Can you answer the question about what the C02 levels where 500 million years ago, or will you continue to evade?

You are a joker who has some skills digging up data, I am sure you have this question covered but don't want to put it out there, as it would hurt Phages religious beliefs... Poor boy, go fly your kite off the mountain, hope you don't break a leg again.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join