It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Breaks Major Campaign Promise

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Trump- ***K Riders is in the cookoo land thinking their new JESUS is about to make America great again.
edit on 11-5-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy

No. I'm not for impeachment.

Just really tired of people who insist that he's the best president ever, who keeps all his promises. (not that you do that, of course)

So all this drama is just a rant. It's ok man, let it out.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
When you’re using technicalities to prove he broke a campaign promise, I’d say Trump is doing an amazing job being true to his voters compared to the lifetime of presidents I’ve witnessed. Maybe you think Hillary would have been more honest and true to her platform?
edit on 11-5-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'll be interested to see what will happen.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

He promised that Medicare would negotiate drug prices. He just said he's not going to negotiate drug prices.

Actually, The Hill said he's not going to negotiate drug prices. Trump seems to have plans for negotiating.

I'll wait until the details come out to decide whether this is a campaign promise broken or kept.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The demo crats don't know #. Watching the last administration under Obama should remind us of just how #'d up he steered America. So the new guy steps in and rattles a few chains, old ones, and boom suddenly he's the new bad guy. I don't get it.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Ahh another liberal cat,leaving a mouse or gopher at back door to show your doing job,I'm not worried as he tends to negotiate as a conservative,not a libtard,wow you must of put some effort in this lol

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

The demo crats don't know #.

To be fair republicans know just as much.....

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump is not going to do it the way the Democrats want. He is going to do it the right way.

He promised that Medicare would negotiate drug prices. He just said he's not going to negotiate drug prices.

Democrats have been pressuring Trump ahead of his speech to renew his call for Medicare to negotiate drug prices, something that Trump touted on the campaign trail in 2016, in a break with Republican party orthodoxy.

thehill.com...

Think the key here is Democrats have been pressuring Trump. Right or wrong Trump isn't gonna be pressured by Democrats that have been lambasting him from day one.

I don't really think that is accurate. I don't think Trump cares whether a solution comes from Dems or Republicans. He has never seemed partisan like that. I think he only wants to find a solution that solves the problem.

ETA: Of course above I am referencing individual issue problem-solving. Trump is of course against things that Democrats want to do to destroy the country because... that would not be making America great.

edit on 5/11/18 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Much like the NK thing, we will have to wait a bit to see the outcome before we pass judgment. It needs to be watched, but I think it's a bit early to sharpen the pitchforks. Don't worry Phage, I'm sure he will do something to let you vent your misplaced anger. MAGA.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Presidency is all about compromise. Yes we want all those good Republican ideas and solutions but sometimes you have to let the Democrats have what they want.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Right now we can only speculate. But I hope negotiating is included. Having read the article because the quote you used "in the way Democrats are calling for" made me think they ARE including it, just in a different form .. and I saw this ..

However, the official said there will be other proposals to increase competition in Medicare, likely using private sector players rather than Medicare directly negotiating prices.

So it seems your post is a bit off the mark.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The actual article he quoted said there WILL be price negotiation, just not the method Democrats want. So we will have to see.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Just curious what kind of post you made when Obama made this same promise then made back room deals with big pharm promising them he wouldn't do it, and then he didn't.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Just curious what kind of post you made when Obama made this same promise then made back room deals with big pharm promising them he wouldn't do it, and then he didn't.

I seriously dislike this type of deflection. No accountability is taken then. That said change it to "Politician breaks major campaign promise" and everyone goes, "M'eh. Par for the course." But not with Trump supporters.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

No. I'm not for impeachment.

Just really tired of people who insist that he's the best president ever, who keeps all his promises. (not that you do that, of course)

Except that’s not what “most” people state. Most try and give him credit where he succeeds, contrary to you and others who insist everything that he does is a failure because you still can’t get past Nov 2016...like you’re stuck in time.

Like others have stated on this thread, just because a POTUS isn’t doing it “your” way doesn’t indicate they’re not trying to get it done.

Then again, without the constant deep state assault, I imagine many more of his campaign promises would have had a better chance of being moved forward by now.

Almost not worth the effort anymore, with the bipartisan bubble some of you live in; but we have to try and make sure folks get ALL sides, not just the liberal skew of policy.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Would be nice to see him put more effort into this, agreed. I don't think he's broken any promise. Either looking for a new/better deal, or.. most likely, Democrats have torpedoed it in order to maintain their perceived "monopoly" on these types of issues.

if the people realized the GOP was equally concerned about this issues (after all, a portion of our base is older folks with health problems), Dems wouldn't know how to respond.

...just like if most people realized the Democrats were the party of slavery and the GOP was the party of Lincoln...

All that said, I still support drastically lowering the cost for access to healthcare/medicine. Pharma/Medicine has become a racket.
edit on 5/11/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

For a President under daily attack, I'd say his recent polling between 45%-54% is excellent. That's more support than votes received in the general election.. which he won. I'd say this constitutes "too much winning"

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I seriously dislike this type of deflection. No accountability is taken then. That said change it to "Politician breaks major campaign promise" and everyone goes, "M'eh. Par for the course." But not with Trump supporters.

Sorry, I already spoke with no deflection. What I am sick of is the hypocrisy of not caring when your guy does it and then being outraged when the other team does it. If you did not care when Obama broke this promise then don't act like you care about it, what you actually care about is saying something negative about Trump.

I on the other hand have no hypocrisy, I called out Obama for this and I have already said in this thread I want Trump to have negotiation power over drug pricing. Consistency, people should try it.

Right now we can only speculate. But I hope negotiating is included.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join