It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Breaks Major Campaign Promise

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Jefferton
If even 10% of my terrible jokes get a laugh, I've done my job.

90% fail, right?

Fringe much?

90% fail is being generous in my opinion..

Luckily alcoholism is rampant on ATS.

Does that make sense?

edit on 10-5-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yeah, well. You could read the actual article. I know. That's hard.

Democrats have been pressuring Trump ahead of his speech to renew his call for Medicare to negotiate drug prices, something that Trump touted on the campaign trail in 2016, in a break with Republican party orthodoxy.

See, that's what the Democrats want him do to; what he said he would do. But he's not going to do what he said he would do, what the Democrats want to do.

I guess it turned out to be complicated. Who knew? Right? Like that health care thing? Right?
So, he had no idea what he was talking about during the campaign. Right?

edit on 5/10/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Trump and repubs do not need to negotiate with pharmas to lower drug prices. We could just let the free market be free and stop allowing pharmas to patent new uses for the same drug to prevent generics. There are many ways to negotiate these prices down indirectly.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Trump has kept campaign promises that are fueled by his inherent racism, except the Mexican wall that he can’t get rolling since it takes congress to do it.

The Iran nuclear deal, the Muslim ban, the Kill Obama care attempt, and all the anti-brown immigrant actions.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy

No. I'm not for impeachment.

Just really tired of people who insist that he's the best president ever, who keeps all his promises. (not that you do that, of course)

Best president ever in my lifetime.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I wouldn't say this one is "broken", just on the back burner.

If you want Trump to just kick the can down the road like everyone in Washington has for years, then go ahead and call it a broken promise. The rest of us will wait and see what he and his administration come up with and put forth. The man has completed 60% of his agenda and we're only 1 1/2 years into his first term. His ego won't let him stop when he's on a roll.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

There is nothing Bush Sn, Clinton, trump or obama has done to touch that..

Obama forced every American to purchase a Product from a specific industry.

Forced by law.. That is so unamerican..

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is so boring

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So he wants to save money on healthcare, but he's going about it in a different way than he said. He's getting it done, but taking a different avenue.

Who
F-ing
Cares

My God, people. Someone call the semantics police, we got an offender.

ETA: I would hardly put this in the category of "breaking a major campaign promise".
edit on 10-5-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yeah, well. You could read the actual article. I know. That's hard.

Democrats have been pressuring Trump ahead of his speech to renew his call for Medicare to negotiate drug prices, something that Trump touted on the campaign trail in 2016, in a break with Republican party orthodoxy.

See, that's what the Democrats want him do to; what he said he would do. But he's not going to do what he said he would do, what the Democrats want to do.

I guess it turned out to be complicated. Who knew? Right? Like that health care thing? Right?
So, he had no idea what he was talking about during the campaign. Right?

I did read it. Surely for a guy saying someone broke a promise, you can quote this promise, and surely you could show how he broke it. I know; it’s hard, but then again not really.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump has kept campaign promises that are fueled by his inherent racism, except the Mexican wall that he can’t get rolling since it takes congress to do it.

The Iran nuclear deal, the Muslim ban, the Kill Obama care attempt, and all the anti-brown immigrant actions.

You consider Iranians, Muslims, Obamacare, and immigrants “brown”, but Trump is the racist?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

No. I'm not for impeachment.

Just really tired of people who insist that he's the best president ever, who keeps all his promises. (not that you do that, of course)

The bar has been dropped so low that the best president ever doesn't even have to keep all their promises, just a couple efforts puts them scores ahead.

The fact Trump arbitrarily pisses so many people off (aka 'the status quo,') makes him a very compelling president though.

edit on 10-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Obama forced every American to purchase a Product from a specific industry.

Forced by law.. That is so unamerican..

Without negotiations with the people (i.e. Taxation without representation)
Just call it a "penalty" and hold Congress hostage on a Saturday night till they pass it

edit on 5/10/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: rickymouse

you all sure lost your #hit when a few couldn't keep their doctors, tho.

but, paying more for prescriptions, no biggie. lol

Huh, what is this about not keeping my doctor, we never experienced that. I find it cheaper to adjust my diet than to take meds, I personally am not going to take any long term meds. I stated I did not not think that the proposed action about the medicare changes was right with respect to meds in my post. Some doctors do not like taking a high percentage of medicare people because they do not make enough to pay all the bills from a high medicare practice. I understand that.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We get it that you hate Trump and want to troll Trump supporters. You clearly don't care about something being done about the high cost of prescription drugs.

I do and I've researched as much as I can about prescription drugs cost because I have family members who spend a lot of money on necessary drugs for quality of life and it is personal to me. I know more about it than you do.

Back to your troll post. No where do I read that Trump is abandoning his desire to curb the high cost. Simply that he is not going to support the democrat's position. I've researched why this method was the preferred method of the democrats and you should spend some time deciphering why it is important to them.

Ultimately, if the cost is curbed who cares how its done? One last thought. Do you think perhaps he was trolling the dems? What does Trump's change afford him that his original campaign promise would not?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: rickymouse

Bush lied us into a war that created isis. Cost the US billions and gallons of blood and no telling how many Iraqi civilians...

THEN he gave his private company the rebuild contract..

The only thing more destructive to America recently that I can think of is Nixon’s war on drugs.

My post was addressing campaign promises and the result of the promises. Reread it with that in mind. I did not care for what Bush got us into in Iraq at all, I knew it was a mistake and a high level setup by the group Old man Bush was involved with. But that is a different issue. My biggest complaint with Obama was the last two months of his presidency and the bills he used his president status to put in place. Obamacare turned out to be a disaster, Obama sold us out to the medical and pharma conglomerate, especially psychology. The idea of Obamacare was good, but it got twisted into a tornado that sucked up money.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueAjah

Trump is not going to do it the way the Democrats want. He is going to do it the right way.

He promised that Medicare would negotiate drug prices. He just said he's not going to negotiate drug prices.

thehill.com...

Think the key here is Democrats have been pressuring Trump. Right or wrong Trump isn't gonna be pressured by Democrats that have been lambasting him from day one.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is an issue where change is wanted by all except, I suspect, the pharma-corps. It's incredibly annoying that it is used as another means of divide between parties. Doing this the way the Democrats want is no different than doing it the way the Republicans want if the end-result is the same.

Just do something.

Allowing the federal government to negotiate drug prices for Medicare beneficiaries is supported by 92 percent of the public, including a majority of Democrats (96%), Republicans (92%), and Independents (92%) (Figure 1). This proposal was also endorsed in a recent report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.

source

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Phage

You seem to be skipping some things, such as:

However, the official said there will be other proposals to increase competition in Medicare, likely using private sector players rather than Medicare directly negotiating prices.

Trump is not going to do it the way the Democrats want. He is going to do it the right way.

Trump will propose a range of other ideas to bring down drug prices on Friday

Officials said the “vast majority” of the ideas laid out in a “blueprint” on Friday will be actions the administration can take on its own, without congressional approval. Secretary of Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said earlier Thursday that the plan will go after “all aspects” of the drug pricing system, including going after drug companies directly.

Officials said Thursday that the proposals will include ways to crack down on “gaming” where drug companies prevent cheaper generic drugs from getting to market. Another proposal will go after foreign countries that officials said are free-riding on U.S. innovation in drug development.

Yup, the Left reaching for gotcha soundbites again.

Did you see his new Slogan unveiled last night.....

Keep America Great

And he paid zero for it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Good to see Trump keeping opposition in a comfort zone.

When the final decision on this become "official", we'll see who laughs last and laughs best.

😎🎁

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join