It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 years reading and lurking on this site! Wow, how things have changed...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have been reading this website for 15 years or more.

To prove how long I've been reading....I'm talking back in the day of Dark Knights "doom thread" if any of you remember that.

I remember when this used to be mostly a conspiracy site. Now it's mostly political.

I do miss a GOOD conspiracy. One does pop up every once in a while.

The neat thing is, I've learned about so many topics that have opened my mind to so many different things over the years.

I'm a 43 year old American business owner. So, after a stressful day, I love to come here to relax and let my mind wander around the forums. And, hopefully learn something interesting.

I can't say I have a lot to add to this site. Most people these days don't listen to anyone anymore anyway.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Haven’t you heard? Politics IS the new conspiracy!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Trump good. Hillary bad. Trump smart. Liberals dumb.

ATS 2018!

Yeah, I remember when the site didn't suck too.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I suppose, but I do get tired of it sometimes. This country seems mesmerized by the whole soap opera.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I can't remember the last time i read, "follow the money"

or, "the money leads back to a rothschild or vatican bank"

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well the grand conspiracy is watching the psy-op play out in real-time. It does indeed get watered down into partisan politics but it's still prevalent.

I mean don't you find that the ones who hold the information to all of your questions are also the ones pushing the bullsnip?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Exaclty! Where are the posts that just blow your mind and keep you up all night in awe and disbelief?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not necessarily. Sometimes it's just people asking the right questions about a subject that makes you think.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yup has changed a lot. I remember when there wasn't this insane left vs right division bull#. People used to seem to understand it went beyond all that #....

There's always still some cool things to see on here though and there's a good historical or scientific thread fairly frequently. I do miss the old good well thought out conspiracy threads though. It was always really neat to see all the work that went into tracing all these subtle details most people overlook. There was always some really well thought out, not ridiculously over the top, stuff that could really make you think about things in new ways.

I guess part of the problem is a lot of this stuff isn't really hidden any more. Whatever people are out there with the money and power shaping the world don't really seem to be trying very hard to hide it any more.

People seem fairly apathetic in general to anything deeper than the latest bull# of the day so a lot of #ed up things have just been happening openly with little resistance.

Ah well it is what it is....there's still always fun things to read....and getting people riled up about meaningless nonsense can be fun.

edit on 10/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheUniverseWithin

Due to the internet and scientific advancement, the vast majority of the “good” conspiracies have been debunked..

Ghosts, Bigfoot, ufos, 911, orbs, chupacabra, religion , ancient aliens, exc...

Now I dont mean the concept of the macro conspiracies have been debunked like aliens or religion, but basically none of the specific examples with modern documentation hold up...

Back in the day you would have to be some bigwig scholar to see the professionals debunking that stuff. Now there are YouTube videos galor that break down any account to the pixel.

Conspiracy theories require some dark corner of our understanding that allows us to speculate..

Well as far as science and reality goes. There really is nothing we don’t understand enough to git Bigfoot into..

All that leaves is politics really..

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I actually wouldnt mind if the galactic federation of light posters came back at least it was entertaining

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Welcome. Someone else joins with a comparable story to tell of the early start of ATS

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I actually wouldnt mind if the galactic federation of light posters came back at least it was entertaining

Not going to happen, they were saved and left us all here to suffer...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Due to the internet and scientific advancement, the vast majority of the “good” conspiracies have been debunked..

No they haven't.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Trump good. Hillary bad. Trump smart. Liberals dumb.

ATS 2018!

Yeah, I remember when the site didn't suck too.

Congratulations. You pretty much summed up politics in the US in one post
Couldnt have stated it better myself
It doesnt "suck" with folks like you spreading the gospel...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yay! Another ATS sucks now thread.

As its been stated before, on so many of these,
Be the change you want to see.

Make a good thread. Bump someone else's good thread with a good comment.
Ignore the political bull crap.

MAGA!
(Make ATS great again)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

If even I did put a ton of effort into coming up with something novel and unique if one or 2 of the moderators deems it worthy of skunk works or HOAX bin regardless of my argument it goes right into those forums and the threads dies

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheUniverseWithin
I do miss a GOOD conspiracy. One does pop up every once in a while.

As does a good post. You see someone that's been here for years that you don't recognize that has about 400 posts. That's the person to listen too. They have something to say and took the time to post it.

Most people these days don't listen to anyone anymore anyway.

The triple "any".
It's sad bit true.

Welcome aboard matey.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Ghosts, Bigfoot, ufos, 911, orbs, chupacabra, religion , ancient aliens, exc...

Now I dont mean the concept of the macro conspiracies have been debunked like aliens or religion, but basically none of the specific examples with modern documentation hold up...

Back in the day you would have to be some bigwig scholar to see the professionals debunking that stuff. Now there are YouTube videos galor that break down any account to the pixel.

Conspiracy theories require some dark corner of our understanding that allows us to speculate..

Well as far as science and reality goes. There really is nothing we don’t understand enough to git Bigfoot into..

All that leaves is politics really..

This right here is the answer. I used to love going into Conspiracies as well, but lets face it. This site almost did TOO GOOD of a job. Fact is, Aliens walking amongst us? Flat earth? Hollow Earth? Evil Reptilian Overlords? Immortal beings? Illuminati? Mysterious Evil Group controlling every aspect of our lives? 2012? Doomsday? Any other end of the world stuff? All of these conspiracies these GREAT Conspiracies, I too would love curling up with some popcorn and reading all about it. I would click link after link, read them all in great detail. I remember finding a site that would detail "every known Alien group" and reading all about them. It was fun, it was entertaining. But what did I learn after all these years?

The greatest conspiracy, is that for the most part, we are 7 billion humans on the planet all pursuing our own individual ideals, yes we have groups here an there that have formed, but there is not great "TPTB" there is no great alien overlords, and the surprising thing? that's kind of scary. We are all in this on our own. If you believe in God great, but he's not helping either(at least not directly) You are in it on your own. You are. You are responsible for your life, for your accomplishments and your failures.

And all that's left is politics.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

You are correct about that, I have seen a lot of very interesting threads either get trashed or ridiculed out of existence. Very disappointing when that happens

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join