It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked AT&T Docs Show Cohen's $600k Services Included Time Warner Merger

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So, wait a minute... if this is true he was a personal attorney to the president and a lobbyist for AT&T at the same time. Is that even legal?

Now, this does not mean that the president knew that Cohen was involved in such treachery, that will have to be proven... but if that is true as well, it doesn't look good for either.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

AT&T was very careful to make sure Cohen was not acting in the capacity of a lobbyist. Technically. He was a consultant.

edit on 5/10/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So in essence...

The WaPo left wing rag posts something leaked that may be true that may point to someone Trump knows (or some other Cohen) being paid to influence the President. Although there is no evidence at all to show that he has actually influenced Trump's actions at all... in fact on the face of it anything Trump has done to the influence purchasers in question has so far shown to be detrimental to them.

However, Trump bad and by any means necessary....

Because anyone Trump knows is automatically crooked because Trump is crooked because he won the election.

So according to the thread replies, he should be impeached ASAP because Trump knows someone who the left is trying to show is crooked. I know, screw the court system and everything... WaPo and CNN actually determine who is guilty and who is innocent now.

So in the how many months? of a special council investigation it appears nothing has been found that Trump has done that is worth even leaking, now they and you have to pin some SOME type of impropriety to Trump by association.

Because that's all you have.

You were a lot better thread writer before November 20, 2016.

I hope they find a cure for TDS, I really do.

I'll start a gofundme personally for you.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

AT&T was very careful to make sure Cohen was not acting in the capacity of a lobbyist. Technically. He was a consultant.

Hmm interesting. So, in effect, no law has been broken... however, it's proof that swamp is just getting deeper.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So, in effect, no law has been broken

Apparently not.

however, it's proof that swamp is just getting deeper.
I don't know about that. But I'd venture to say it's not getting any shallower.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Trump: How is the swamp doing?

Cohen: Great, we should be able to rename it as a sewer any day.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So, in effect, no law has been broken

Apparently not.

however, it's proof that swamp is just getting deeper.
I don't know about that. But I'd venture to say it's not getting any shallower.

Point taken, that's probably safer to say considering none of us know how deep the swamp goes for any of these creatures. I imagine they all reached the bottom already.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Hmm interesting. So, in effect, no law has been broken... however, it's proof that swamp is just getting deeper.

I think it’s evidence that Cohen is probably shady.

And perhaps it is proof that trump has chosen swampy people to be around him.

But there are much better examples of that than this.

Goldman Sachs types, Manafort, Bolton.

I think it’s fair to criticize trump for all of those people

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to speculate too much and go against your good nature, but the sum for Trump doesn't seem beneficial enough for the risk. Interesting to note you must think Trump and Cohen are extremely idiotic, while giving Avenatti a huge benefit of the doubt, when there is good reason to question both his integrity and ability.

Cohen does appear to have a pay to play scheme going, but as of now there is no information proving he didn't structure it in a way to protect himself. There seems no indication that Trump knew anything.

Might be pertinent to be able to look at stock moves from potential players from AT&T who would have been privied to the deal. Seems there would be plenty of potential gain/loss for them. If knowledge is power, foreknowledge is the all powerful.
edit on 5/10/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Let me know when they find a cure for Trump praise syndrome. It's a rampant silent killer (of ATS).

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Broke the law or not its wrong. Its one of the reasons i want Hillarys pay to play investigated.

At this point, it appears this may go well beyond what Hillary has been accused of.

Until someone other than crooked Comeys FBI investigates it how would we know?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Broke the law or not its wrong. Its one of the reasons i want Hillarys pay to play investigated.

At this point, it appears this may go well beyond what Hillary has been accused of.

How do we know the FBI is crooked? Let's investigate them.

How do we know the investigators investigating the FBI are not crooked? Let's investigate them.

And so on and so on...It's just one giant slippery slope that seems to be rooted in a conspiratorial mindset.

That is the problem. We will never be able to come to the truth if there is not one group or person we can both agree would investigate fairly. We're always suspicious of the next person in line. And why is that?

Politics.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
According to the article, the funds were paid to Essential Consultants LLC.

Does anyone know who EC’s members were, or if there were any other partners?

Wonder if they might also be implicated, if they exist, assuming there were legal improprieties committed.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

How do we know the FBI is crooked? Let's investigate them.

How do we know the investigators investigating the FBI are not crooked? Let's investigate them.

And so on and so on...It's just one giant slippery slope that seems to be rooted in a conspiratorial mindset.

That is the problem. We will never be able to come to the truth if there is not one group or person we can both agree would investigate fairly. We're always suspicious of the next person in line. And why is that?

Politics.

Ok because the investigators in question are found to be doing shady things.

For example, if we know that the three leaders of the majori intel divisions Clapper (NSA) Comey (FBI) and Brennan (CIA) have made their hatred of trump be shown publicly, and some have even leaked info to hurt trump and spur investigations ofnhim, that might give cause to concern.

When we see time after time shady things being done by the investigators, like chargung trump people for crimes they let hillary people off for, or leaking to make people look bad, we may have cause for concern.

Its is far more than just faux outarge over political concern.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
According to the article, the funds were paid to Essential Consultants LLC.

Does anyone know who EC’s members were, or if there were any other partners?

Wonder if they might also be implicated, if they exist, assuming there were legal improprieties committed.

It appears to be a LLC that Cohen created as a "consulting firm", in which he is the only participant, and that firm collected money from a few sources.

On top of that, the payment to Daniels was made though this firm.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Update: similar to what the Novartis CEO had done, AT&T's CEO sent a memo to AT&T employees calling the association with Cohen a "serious misjudgement" and a "big mistake." It looks like an Exec VP is being thrown under the bus ("retiring").

Also, according to AT&T, as with Norvatis, Cohen approached them.

AT&T CEO says hiring Michael Cohen 'was a big mistake'

Cohen "approached" Quinn's Washington office of AT&T "during the post-election transition period and said he was going to leave the Trump Organization and do consulting for a select few companies that wanted his opinion on the new President and his administration -- the key players, their priorities, and how they think," AT&T said Friday.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Of course. They paid $600k to go for a ride.

They were caught publicly trying to buy influence, and getting scheistered.

LOL, while i may not like what Cohen has done, i really don't take pity on AT&T.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

It looks like an Exec VP is being thrown under the bus ("retiring")

Most likely a very comfortable bus to be under.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

Sure, but it could also be as simple as a crony lawyer who is not above exploiting his publicly known access to the new president.

Very true. That goes well beyond what is reasonable to accuse Hillary of.

What would be Trumps benefit here? A split on the 600k?

I have no reason to suspect Trump is involved.

I think there needs to be some benefit found that shoes Trump benefited before he could be put up with Hillary. Heck this might even take him all the way up to Chenney level.

Sure. I'm note sure why we even put Hillary "up" there either.

We put Hillary up there because she is so untrustworthy that the US citizens would rather Donald frickin Trump was president even though he has been bankrupt a bunch of times and owes every contractor in Atlantic city money. If Trump was on Hillary's level of perceived corruption, Hillary would be president. But she is not and she never will be and top it off, Trump will be reelected with an even higher margin.

Thanks for coming out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join