It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Congress finally emits all 3,000 Russian 'troll' Facebook ads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Yes I get it

Supporting black lives matter is playing into Russia’s hands

I assume we will see all of those on the left that seek to root out Russian influence start denouncing black lives matter, and other groups or people seeking to divide us based on race

Any second now...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

So which ads changed millions of votes ?

😀

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: odzeandennz

Again, it's refreshing to see you firmly rooted in the middle here. Thanks for being such a fairzies kind of guy.

seeing things from both perspective is the enemy of fanaticism...

its refreshing to know where you stand.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: xuenchen

But people need to look at all of them and pick out the most biased, and how those could have swayed millions of votes in key States.

or generated hundreds of spam-regurgitated threads with 2 line opinions lifted straight from the comment sections of right wing nut job sites, leading to 'me-too' arguments by those targeted by said ads...

You mean like the MSM does to the left? Or how CNN actually operates? Listen to NPR lately? Look at Google's news?

Nah.. most of us "right wing nut jobs" take the time to think it through or possibly research the topic before reposting on our social media.

Unlike some...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have not downloaded the lists, but the examples the media is showing seem to be entirely about targeting the messenger over true, but inconvenient messages.

For example, Hillary Clinton absolutely did say no American lives were lost in Libya, BLM sheep were spreading the anti cop, anti white memes around whether they were sourced from Russia or not, and media outlets were pushing Muslims to vote for Sanders www.aljazeera.com... why aren't they being scrutinized as much as Russia?

It is all a BS game. Nobody likes to have their inconvenient agendas exposed and, when denying the obviously accurate message fails, the next step is always going to be attacking the messenger.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
All hail the Russian trolls
Hip-hip-hooray
Hip-hip-hooray

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I now have to go get some coffee and make a pot of buttered popcorn. I expect to get the keyboard and mouse all slimed up scrolling through the ads.
I got two hours allotted, no more.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I have not downloaded the lists, but the examples the media is showing seem to be entirely about targeting the messenger over true, but inconvenient messages.

For example, Hillary Clinton absolutely did say no American lives were lost in Libya, BLM sheep were spreading the anti cop, anti white memes around whether they were sourced from Russia or not, and media outlets were pushing Muslims to vote for Sanders www.aljazeera.com... why aren't they being scrutinized as much as Russia?

It is all a BS game. Nobody likes to have their inconvenient agendas exposed and, when denying the obviously accurate message fails, the next step is always going to be attacking the messenger.

Russia is not allowed to post the truth about the deceptions going on here, that is interfering with the election. We are not allowed to be shown the deceptions by anyone other than Democratic media.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I looked at a few.

Just when I thought Dems couldn't get any dumber, I find out this is what they've been working on.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have always been lost on this subject and have never understood it. Is it illegal for Russians to buy internet ads?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I looked at a couple gig worth of these ads. I didn't see anything that tied any of them to Trump. There was a picture of Bernie walking across a street and the caption was, "The only candidate that doesn't take a limo to work." Ok, nice thought, but how does that mean Trump colluded with the Russians? After all the noise I hope the dems have more than this...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
I have always been lost on this subject and have never understood it. Is it illegal for Russians to buy internet ads?

It's illegal for Russians to have opinions.

Off to the gulags with all of them!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
is there a statistic that proves the number of people who viewed those adds, how much influence they had over their vote and if in fact they actually did vote in the first place?

no probably not why would anyone have to do any real work anymore when everyone can just speculate?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I wish they would. I wish everyone would realize that we're being played like a #ing fiddle by a foreign power.

Edit:
Why don't you look into what Russia's aims are in this country and not be so #ing glib? You're an intelligent guy.
edit on (5/11/1818 by PistolPete because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

So which ads changed millions of votes ?

😀

You're a useful idiot that's done more for the Russian government than you could ever hope to imagine you've done for the "cause" in your own country.

You have no understanding of what's really going on beyond what the right wing bubble tells you.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Damn, I thought I was gonna' finally see the Russian agent midgets, dressed up as Transformers, who transform themselves into voting machines! When someone pushed the 'Clinton' button on the iPad glued to their forehead, they would secretly write down 'Trump' on a ballot slip and stick it in the ballot box.

Still waiting...
edit on 5/11/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join