It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Congress finally emits all 3,000 Russian 'troll' Facebook ads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The House Intel Committee has released around 3000 Facebook ads that they say are from Russians !!

Lots of them seem to be anti-Clinton and anti-Trump, and anti a lot of things.

An article has some insight.

But people need to look at all of them and pick out the most biased, and how those could have swayed millions of votes in key States.

😃🎁

(ads are here.. zip files downloads)
House Intel Committee page

US Congress finally emits all 3,000 Russian 'troll' Facebook ads. Let's take a look at some

Pics US Congress has released more than 3,000 Facebook ads purchased by a pro-Kremlin, so-called troll factory the Internet Research Agency.

Previously the House Intelligence Committee had only released about 50.

Usefully, the panel includes information on who the ad was targeted at, and how much engagement it received, in terms of impressions and clicks. Not all views and clicks are by humans, remember.

Many ads were not politically related, and the ads consistently highlight black and LGBT civil rights issues.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh goodie!

I FINALLY get to see the ad that changed my mind from not voting for either major party in the presidential race to me not voting in the presidential race at all!!!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But people need to look at all of them and pick out the most biased, and how those could have swayed millions of votes in key States.

or generated hundreds of spam-regurgitated threads with 2 line opinions lifted straight from the comment sections of right wing nut job sites, leading to 'me-too' arguments by those targeted by said ads...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Again, it's refreshing to see you firmly rooted in the middle here. Thanks for being such a fairzies kind of guy.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yeah I casually looked through a bunch of them. Because the Trump/Russian narrative may be lingering in the grey matter, some might find it hard to believe how many BLM accounts, ads and memes there were. I don't know what this says about the notion that these Russians were somehow in collusion with Trump, especially given the propaganda that Trump was a huge racist, but I think we can slide that nonsense behind us.

edit on 10-5-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Anyone just sit back and think the Ruskies didn't/don't give a hoot is/was Prez? They just maybe wanted to stir up a hornet's nest and sit back and laugh at our dumb arses.
I do.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
If voting was effective, it would be illegal. I’ve heard some blues call for war over these ads. I yugely objected. They called me anti murican. I said not even close, chisel chest. We do the same shmitt tenfold in every election on the planet. I just can’t understand why it’s such a big deal. Oh wait. Trrrrrrrrrump! Covfefe sucka. (Not directed at you)

edit on 10-5-2018 by Starhooker because: Clarification

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Yeah I casually looked through a bunch of them. Because the Trump/Russian narrative may be lingering in the grey matter, some might find it hard to believe how many BLM accounts, ads and memes there were. I don't know what this says about the notion that these Russians were somehow in collusion with Trump, especially given the propaganda that Trump was a huge racist, but I think we can slide that nonsense behind us.

Makes sense. I mean BLM wants dead cops and if that becomes the rage amongst our brainwashed youth AND some adults, Russia would just sit back and laugh at the civil war and watch us destroy each other....

Brilliant if you think about it!

But how is Russia any different than our Marxist College professors brainwashing our youth doing the same thing?
edit on 10-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Damn, do you really think we are that stupid? Civil war over ads? I give us more credit than that. From what I’ve seen, the fragile mind is easily swayed and they are mostly blue.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

Damn, do you really think we are that stupid? Civil war over ads? I give us more credit than that. From what I’ve seen, the fragile mind is easily swayed and they are mostly blue.

Who is we? And I disagree that with it's only the blue mind easily swayed. I will say I am glad to see the pendulum swing back towards sanity, however are you sure it stops there or will we just see the other end of Bat snip crazy?

Study history! This snip is all predictable!

edit on 10-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Lol you know....this whole thing just seems so funny to me. It's ok when America interferes in elections and spreads propaganda across the world but if another country does it back.....

America really is like that big bully on the playground you hit back once and he sits there crying and yelling and runs to the teacher. You dish it out...expect to take it back.

Personally I just can't believe so many idiots let their choices be decided by ads, from any source.
edit on 10/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Tagging this thread to get back to later for laughs and giggles .

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Makes sense. I mean BLM wants dead cops and if that becomes the rage amongst our brainwashed youth AND some adults, Russia would just sit back and laugh at the civil war and watch us destroy each other....

But how is Russia any different than our Marxist College professors brainwashing our youth doing the same thing?

The notion that memes and facebook pages turn the tides of elections is silly tripe. Saying otherwise is more an admission of guilt than a statement of fact, because to believe memes and facebook pages influence thoughts and voting patterns is to admit a willingness to believe anything one reads.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The notion that memes and facebook pages turn the tides of elections is silly tripe. Saying otherwise is more an admission of guilt than a statement of fact, because to believe memes and facebook pages influence thoughts and voting patterns is to admit a willingness to believe anything one reads.

I think you are mistaken. Just go out to eat and watch families sitting down for dinner and everyone of them have their heads buried in their cell phone. Look at the headlines that the MSM use and sites like Facebook and Twitter thrive on that most people just read the head line and that's good enough for me?

We see it on ATS daily! A headline that connects with a bias and then sure as snip someone who has that bias posts it without ever reading it? To only have others actually read the article to point out the Logical Fallacies?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So Democrats think ads like these influenced enough Clinton voters to vote for Trump?

And they don't think Hillary's lies and corruption made any difference?

And they admit their own PACs and ad blitzes made any difference?

😀😁

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

As an Independent, I would have to say there are fragile minds on both sides of the aisle, and some in the middle. Critical reasoning is no longer taught at any level of American education, most people can’t put down their device long enough to have a conversation with a human, and it seems that if you don’t post to the world every 10 seconds on Facebook what you and your friends/family are doing, you’re anti-social.

TBH, I think the forces wanting to disrupt American democracy are farther along than most Americans think. Well, those Americans that can still think for themselves.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So now I assume all of the leftists that shouted how seriously these ads were and how they stole the election will now be fighting against gay rights and black lives matter

After all, supporting those things makes you a Russian stooge

edit on 10-5-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well Democrats seem very silent with this.

You would think they would already have the top 10 that killed the Clinton Campaign !!

😀🎭🎱

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I have had people that I consider very intelligent both on ats and off tell me these ads may have been more important than the msm being on Hillary’s side and the hundreds of millions of dollars spent

I would love for them to point out the ad that stole the election

Is it the lgbt support? The blm support?

I can’t believe people spewed this nonsense that somehow this was a big deal.

And let’s not forget, plenty of Americans posted very similar ads, ranging from favoring trump to favoring Hillary

What makes the Russian Facebook posts so much more effective?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

After all, supporting those things makes you a Russian stooge

Dugin's Foundation of Geopolitics lays out Russia's post-Soviet strategy in the US (this book was authored in 1997):

Wikipedia
Russia should use its special services within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."

To continuously ignore what the geopolitical aims of Russia are and the tactics they're using makes one a stooge.

<<   2 >>

join