It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell: Debunked.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Im so glad you're here ShadowXIX!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandalorianwarrior
This not being able to provide the source is so pathetic it makes me wonder if this is all some kind of an attempt to get people mad.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I'd say jeepin4x4girl posted this thread in response to Gazrok's two amazingly well written threads on the Roswell incident.

jeepin4x4girl even posted in one of Gazrok's threads around the same time he/she posted this thread to inform him that the case he was doing such a great job gathering evidence on had been "debunked" in a single paragraph with NO source links and NO names to back up the claims.

Would I be out of line to think jeepin4x4girl felt that his/her belief system was threatened by reading Gazrok's threads which are a wonderful compilation of enough evidence to make it all but the "smoking gun" of the Roswell case?

I think not.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
Im so glad you're here ShadowXIX!

Thanks for the compliment CmptrN3rd5
Its much appreciated

If your interested to learn more about Roswell Gazrok has made some really great threads on the topic. He presents a really good case they are well worth the read if you havent gotten a chance to check them out already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Anyone else notice how jeep4x4 hasnt replied sice you guys completely debunked her theories. I don't know if this is aliens or not. The fact that the bodies discovered were 3 feet tall is by far the biggest piece of evidence against the "balloon theory." I am not about to throw out any wild theories with no way of proving them.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
^ Okay, so where is the evidence of the bodies? Any pictures? No.
I just don't understand why people came across as so harsh towards me. I was just stating what I had heard from another individual on this case, it wasn't like these were my own personal beliefs, although it seems credible to me.

If you don't keep an open mind to different theories and both sides of the story, thats extremely narrow minded. What I suggest is that people respect what others have to say and discredit them with RESPECT, not disrespect. I have no problem with somebody trying to discredit my opinions/beliefs in a fair manner. Apparently, this isn't the way things go around ATS. I would never in my life come off as rude or make immature insults towards somebody just because I don't agree with what they have to say. Just my 2 cents. Sorry if I upset anybody. I'm a fair and respectful person, and I expect that others treat me the same.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
On a second note. Apparently, this ridicule has not only been reduced to just me. According to the "stop the ridicule" thread, it's happened on numerous occasions to other members of ATS. This has to stop, I'm not trying to be a moderator or anything, but seriously guys...if this ridicule continues, it'll discourage many people from posting on here and sharing their information.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I want to believe in Roswell's alien crash landing story.
I just try to keep an open mind so. . .
We know that the US were performing experimentation on humans at that time - that is common knowledge (be it marching soldiers through a radiation field after nuclear testing, '___' experimentation, shock treatment etc)
A scenario that would require total media blackout, disinformation and/or threats from gov't officials would have to be so extreme that it would shock the world. Just a thought . . . what if what jeepin4x4girl claim is somewhat correct except that the subjects were children - Not midgets.
I recall reading that a religious Jewish sect in Israel were up in arms a few years back about missing children of Yemenite decent. Their spiritual leader made claims that the children were being kidnapped and sent to anglo-saxon Jewish (Ashkenazi Jews) adoption - or at least according to mainstream media. I came across an article that his actual claim was that the children were shipped off to the US for experimentation purposes. Although the timeline does not match (Roswell 1947 kidnapping 1947 through the 50s), It would be possible that not only Sephardic Jews were experimented on but children from other ethnical backgrounds.

This is only a thought - I am not actually saying it happenend - Again I want to believe in alien visitations but I think that other possibilities should be examined as well. Jeepin4x4girl's idea sound likely - Sometimes experiments are reperformed in order to gain additional data or validate related data so although these type of experiments were performed by NAZIs recreating the experiments would sometimes be necessary.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
why would they ever send a person up 50,000-100,000 with no helmet that is ridicoululy stupid anyone would know they would either freeze to death or their head blowup.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
also im wondering one more think. if the government wans us to beleve that it was people with bloated heads. also ive heard test dummbies that were 6ft tall looking like people. and ive also heard they use monkeys and chimps. but i have not seen any acctual pictures of all thi from that time wouldent they release pictures if what they said was true.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The original Roswell crash news story was released as a "flying saucer," but was replaced by "weather baloon" story. Correct?

This debunk post seems to be adding more confusion to the incident.

Troy

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaso109
also im wondering one more think. if the government wans us to beleve that it was people with bloated heads. also ive heard test dummbies that were 6ft tall looking like people. and ive also heard they use monkeys and chimps. but i have not seen any acctual pictures of all thi from that time wouldent they release pictures if what they said was true.

What pictures - Admission that people were sent to their deaths? I think the US would rather claim to have found a flying saucer than to admit to blackops where people where knowingly sent to their death (or children for that matter - see my previous post).

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaso109
why would they ever send a person up 50,000-100,000 with no helmet that is ridicoululy stupid anyone would know they would either freeze to death or their head blowup.

Thats the whole point. Can it be that the Gov't sent people to their death just in order to test the suit? Well if that is the case - The finding in Roswell was threatening to publicize the possibility that the gov't was engaging in human testing with lethal results.

Then they release different cover stories to cover it up. What do they care if people think that aliens from space were uncovered?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
They claim it was a top secret balloon ''Mogul'' they confused for a "flying disc'' even though Mogul was basically made of tinfoil and balsa wood. Its easy to see how Military personal working on our only atomic bomb squadron could confuse tinfoil for a alien craft.

They already admitted they lied to us once about the weather balloon.

But now they promise they are really telling the truth

HAHAHAHAHA, now that's hard to believe!
. I definately believe they are aliens, and a crash did happen in roswell. I will definately feel strange and unbelievable if the government really does release every little tidbit about roswell. A ufo crash is more easily believable then the government spitting up the martians, um i mean beans

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
huh

you find it easier to believe that aliens crashed a ufo in the desert than a weatherballoon crashed in the desert ?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

This has to stop, I'm not trying to be a moderator or anything, but seriously guys...if this ridicule continues, it'll discourage many people from posting on here and sharing their information.

On THAT point you are correct, and I apologize for the mocking tone my posts likely gave, but you must realize, that I've been compiling good solid evidence for some time, and then started organizing and presenting it...and then to see a one paragraph theory stating (as a fact not an opinion) that it is debunked, makes one a little bit defensive. If you can debunk it with facts or even good evidence, please go ahead.

If I put my mind to it, I could probably pull a Klass and come up with a good debunking of Roswell too, but when looking at ALL of the evidence that's simply not the conclusion I come to. Most of the ridicule in this thread was directed towards the theory, not you. But, in the ridicule, you also saw members, including myself, present facts and evidence to back up why we disbelieve this particular angle. So far, you have failed to provide either. Don't take it personally, just that this theory has a lot of holes, and without supporting evidence, it opened itself up for attack.....

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
[edit on 19-2-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
REMINDER: Do not click on links by banned members. In this case (Casper2005), it is a virus...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

This has to stop, I'm not trying to be a moderator or anything, but seriously guys...if this ridicule continues, it'll discourage many people from posting on here and sharing their information.

On THAT point you are correct, and I apologize for the mocking tone my posts likely gave, but you must realize, that I've been compiling good solid evidence for some time, and then started organizing and presenting it...and then to see a one paragraph theory stating (as a fact not an opinion) that it is debunked, makes one a little bit defensive. If you can debunk it with facts or even good evidence, please go ahead.

If I put my mind to it, I could probably pull a Klass and come up with a good debunking of Roswell too, but when looking at ALL of the evidence that's simply not the conclusion I come to. Most of the ridicule in this thread was directed towards the theory, not you. But, in the ridicule, you also saw members, including myself, present facts and evidence to back up why we disbelieve this particular angle. So far, you have failed to provide either. Don't take it personally, just that this theory has a lot of holes, and without supporting evidence, it opened itself up for attack.....

Thanks, I really appreciate the fact that you apologized . On the other hand, I do see your point as to why you'd be a bit irritated about how you've worked hard to produce a theory backing it up with evidence, while I just posted a debunker including one paragraph with no evidence.....did I have to put "Roswell Debunked: An opinion I heard word of mouth?"
I mean, come on. I was just throwing the theory out for you guys to decipher, and I thought many of you would find it quite compelling. I still do, as it's more of a logical explaination for me than aliens crash landing on Roswell. Don't get me wrong, I believe in aliens, too much actually...I posted a thread about my fear of them a couple months back entitled, "Why am I so Afraid."
But yeah, I just think people should be cool with each other and not attack their theories/ideas/whatever, because it is indirectly a personal attack upon the person as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
REMINDER: Do not click on links by banned members. In this case (Casper2005), it is a virus...

Link removed.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Is that an official Scientology position on the Roswell crash?

My own 'theory' is that it was,

a) a group merkabah that was shot down, maybe by accident by some Reichian weather-control device such as a cloud-buster. Maybe on purpose by a similar device.

It could have been the astral bodies of some people living on Earth, not aliens in the way some people think of aliens.

b) this was hinted at in the TV series The Prisoner - the Rover that prevents anyone from escaping from The Village is a weather balloon.

Originally it looked like a small UFO but it sank.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join