It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell: Debunked.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Just ignore the fact that Mylar wasnt invented for two more decades

Mylar

I think they are.

Why do you want to burst their balloon like that?

Peace

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ok, ok, geez! I'm just telling you what he told me!

Odd

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
the skull can't expand... it is, as you probably know, made of bone, which is really quite brittle.

we don't have crazy balloon heads, like on TV... our heads simply cannot
'expand'. they might 'explode', but I really doubt that they would get bigger.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Good one shadow!

...about the Socorro incident...

Lunar lander? If you do the research, there weren't any boosters that were tested and the prototype lander at the time was 'dropped' onto the ground using lifts... I don't recall any type of reaction that could cause scorch marks on the ground just by being 'dropped'.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by SevenZer0]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

After WW II, the Russians were a primary concern for the United States, (cold war). The US was undergoing a top secret project to send balloons up to monitor Russia's activities.

Yes, it's called Project Mogul, I discuss it rather thoroughly in my Case for Roswell threads.

They sent up not "weather balloons," but actual men up into the air in a similar fashion, without an enclosed cabin to protect them from high pressure (the effects of high pressure were not known at this time). A man was sent up wearing a suit that was supposed to protect him from the elements, which covered and protected his whole body, all except for his head area. As he rose up into the atmosphere, became depressurized which caused edema. Now, edema is a condition in which the body becomes so depressurized that it causes the body to expand and actually "bloat," due to high altitudes, the fluids in the body expand causing this bloat. The protective suits they were wearing saved the body from adema, but the head was exposed, therefore, the only part of the body that was affected was the head.....making it a few times larger than the average size of a human beings head, also, the high pressure affected the persons eyes (pressure in the head area causes eyes to potrude and become black and blue around the whole eye socket area), therefore....when the ballooon crashed with the occupants in it, they appeared to look similar to what we believe to be the greys...
When somebody witnesses something so unexplainable, such as a deformed human body, we have something called selective perception...a psycholological process in which we are predisposed to want to believe things as we see them.

So we basically launched these humans unprotected, then let them crash, and then left them there long enough for witnesses to see them? Of course, that makes a lot of sense! How could we be so silly? Of course, even the Air Force's story is better than this...i.e. anthropomorphic dummies in Project High Dive. Unfortunately of course, this project was years after Roswell. Your project sounds like murder...
It is pretty entertaining though, but completely unsupported by even a shred of evidence...

I cannot cite the source in which this information was obtained from. All I will say is I have connections to people involved in this case.

You don't happen to work for India Daily, do you?

He told me about how the Socorro UFO incident was the US testing out the lunar lander, and how the Roswell incident was the US testing out radar balloons and the mysterious metal that was found was in fact mylar.

So we were using a material that wouldn't exist for more than a decade, and testing a lunar lander in 1947? Wow, that's amazing...and of course, wholly unbelievable.... I think your friend was misleading you...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
hehehe...nice try........

....rookie

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl

but....seeing this very simple explaination that I have from reliable sources...

Yes, reliable sources that you refuse to (or "cant") name.

You can believe whatever you want, but in order to convince others you need a little something we call EVIDENCE.

The fact that you dont provide any links to any credible sources backing up your claims really kills it for you. Not to mention your theory has more holes than swiss cheese.

Try reading Gazrok's two new threads on the Roswell case with an open mind and then come back.

[edit on 18/2/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
lol, good theory....i actually started to get interested in it when i say a big hole in ur story

the higher up u get the LESS pressure there is one a person...the person would NOT expand like u said, just pass out and die BECAUSE of the LACK of PRESSURE...

i wrote this not do dis u just say something that i noticed, no hard feeling

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Ok, ok, geez! I'm just telling you what he told me!

Were not trying to shoot the messenger
You made it clear its just what this guy told you and you said take it for what its worth.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ok, just for fun....let's ASSUME (and that's a lot of assuming) that this was even remotely possible, and break this down...

After WW II, the Russians were a primary concern for the United States, (cold war). The US was undergoing a top secret project to send balloons up to monitor Russia's activities. They sent up not "weather balloons," but actual men up into the air in a similar fashion, without an enclosed cabin to protect them from high pressure (the effects of high pressure were not known at this time).

And how were they supposed to monitor Russia's activity while strapped to a balloon? With binoculars perhaps? Ok, so we basically had a chair or something, attached to enough balloons to lift a man to high altitude...(we'll ignore that pressure is LESS with altitude, as already stated)

A man was sent up wearing a suit that was supposed to protect him from the elements, which covered and protected his whole body, all except for his head area. As he rose up into the atmosphere, became depressurized which caused edema. Now, edema is a condition in which the body becomes so depressurized that it causes the body to expand and actually "bloat," due to high altitudes, the fluids in the body expand causing this bloat. The protective suits they were wearing saved the body from adema, but the head was exposed, therefore, the only part of the body that was affected was the head.....making it a few times larger than the average size of a human beings head, also, the high pressure affected the persons eyes (pressure in the head area causes eyes to potrude and become black and blue around the whole eye socket area), therefore....when the ballooon crashed with the occupants in it, they appeared to look similar to what we believe to be the greys...

While graying of the skin is a symptom of high altitude edema, I've never head of cerebral enlargement. Indeed, the brain enlarges (or more accurately, the water in the brain expands), pushing it up against the skull, but the skull isn't going to "stretch"...nor have I heard of bruising...

www.umm.edu...

So, even though we've had pilots flying at high altitudes for years in 1947 in numerous air battles during WWII....and were well aware of the effects of high altitude, we thought that if we sent up a guy in a special suit but with no oxygen, in a balloon, he could keep an eye on Russia's activities for us? How were these guys supposed to stay on course and then come back? How were we to retrieve whatever information this bionic eye in the sky was to gather? Especially if we simply let these balloons, along with our theoretical brave suicidal volunteers, just crash in the desert...lying there for some time apparently, before retrieval, as witnesses had a chance to come along and view them....

While extremely creative...Michael Jackson never having plastic surgery is a bit more plausible...

EDIT: sorry to sound so smug on this, but since this thread is an obvious counter to mine, you threw down the gauntlet...

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
And how were they supposed to monitor Russia's activity while strapped to a balloon? With binoculars perhaps? Ok, so we basically had a chair or something, attached to enough balloons to lift a man to high altitude...(we'll ignore that pressure is LESS with altitude, as already stated)

You forgot to add the six pack of Schlitz that these guys brought up with 'em. No cooler needed cause the thin air was icy cold!!

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You forgot to add the six pack of Schlitz that these guys brought up with 'em. No cooler needed cause the thin air was icy cold!!

C'mon man...these guys were sacrificing themselves for their country...they at least deserve some good beer!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
yeah......like colt 45!!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Gazrok debunker or debunkers I love you man

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well, the problem with high altitude flight is low pressure not high pressure, which is why when you fly in a jet they pressurize the cabin. The other thing is how in the world would anyone think that a person sent up in a balloon to a high altitude would need a protective suit, but not a protective helmet? Did the Air Force think that they were going to spy on the Russians with manned balloons?

This is a real stretch, but who ever thought this up gets points for creativity.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This not being able to provide the source is so pathetic it makes me wonder if this is all some kind of an attempt to get people mad. These mad people will then respond in protest and give the author more ATS points.

I hate it when people have sources that know everything but they can't give that source to prove their case. You should then know better than to provide an argument as fact if you can't provide solid proof. Of course you will get attacked and you have no way to defend your theory, other than saying "I'm right, you're wrong." The lack of philosophy is mind boggling.

Look at all of the UFO and EBE books out there that actually list repectable sources and no one believes them. It doesn't matter if these sources were once high ranking military officers or respected community members. On the other end, all you have to do to debunk UFO's and EBE's is state your case and claim that you can not name your sources and people will usually believe you. It goes both ways but this tactic is a little one sided in acceptance.

You probably wouldn't even have to protect your source if it were true anyway. I may be wrong, that is just speculation on my part. Just as this entire theory is.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Mandalorianwarrior]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
To be fair to his account of this balloon accident even with no proof. It did ring a bell I remember something like that happening to a guy with red hair for some reason.

So I did some searching and found this.

A balloon mishap that occurred west of Roswell on May 21, 1959, and Capt. Joseph W. Kittinger, who had red hair, and who was present at the base hospital after the accident.

"His small parachute, which served to stabilize him and prevent him from going into a fatal "flat spin," opened after only two seconds of free fall instead of 16, catching Kittinger around the neck and causing him to spiral uncontrollably. Soon he lost consciousness, as he tumbled toward Earth at 120 revolutions per minute. Only his emergency parachute, which opened automatically at 10,000 feet (3,048 meters), slowed his descent and saved his life."

Nothing about a lack of a helmet though. This also took place some 12 years after Roswell. Seems this guy also came close to breaking the sound barrier without a plane while in free fall.

www.centennialofflight.gov... ers_Record_Setters_and_Daredevils/Kittinger/EX31.htm

www.wpafb.af.mil...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
They already know that no weather ballons weren't flying during the time of the crash. Besides, didn't they supposedly retrieve them all? Why would a weather ballon cause such a stir?

[edit on 18-2-2005 by malakiem]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
They claim it was a top secret balloon ''Mogul'' they confused for a "flying disc'' even though Mogul was basically made of tinfoil and balsa wood. Its easy to see how Military personal working on our only atomic bomb squadron could confuse tinfoil for a alien craft.

They already admitted they lied to us once about the weather balloon.

But now they promise they are really telling the truth

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The government's idea of "debunking" entails having to create elaborate scenarios to meet their "logical" ends. From the Kennedy "magic bullet" theory to the mobile WMD labs in Iraq, if you throw enough sh*t on the wall, some its bound to stick.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join