It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry colluded with hostile foreign power to influence US policy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
John Kerry, a private Citizen, violated the Logan Act (a seldom prosecuted statute) and colluded with a hostile foreign enemy (Iran) to unlawfully influence United States policy.

This is very significant due to the rhetoric in regard to similar (but entirely unproven) allegations levied by a shrinking minority on the left against President Trump. In Kerry's case, however, he doesn't deny his collusion. In fact, liberal MSM recently touted his efforts to undermine the White House/State Department with a gleeful nod to his unlawful practice of diplomacy and collusion with a hostile foreign enemy.

edit on 5/10/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

What proof is there that Kerry was in the Middle East trying to undermine US policy? I thought the Iran deal was a matter of US policy.

Perhaps, like Mike Flynn did with Russia regarding newly imposed sanctions, Kerry was trying to smooth feathers, and ask Iran for patience with Trump's threats, and consider ahead of time, what they (Iran) might want to bring to the table under NEW negotiations.

+7 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I thought the Iran deal was a matter of US policy.

Have you read the JCPOA? Re-certifying the deal is the responsibility of POTUS. No one pulled out of anything, we simply exercised our right to not re-certify the deal as per the conditions of the JCPOA. In this way, the re-certification is entirely and solely determined by the WH/State Dept. Since re-certification is required, there is no "matter of US policy" since the certification is contingent on certain conditions being met by the signatories.

Furthermore, it is not Kerry's place to involve himself in official US business. He isn't a government official, and frankly was working at direct odds with President Trump's goals. For example, POTUS had access to classified information Kerry is not privy to (as a private Citizen). The fact Kerry would unlawfully (the Logan Act) interject himself in official US business to conspire with a hostile foreign power to undermine the WH/STATE is not acceptable.

Some folks should be more consistent. For instance, some rail on for months/years about 13 Russian Twitter trolls (who also attacked POTUS) yet ignore Kerry's collusion with a nation who chants "Death to America"
A bit worse than criticizing Hillary's pant-suit on Twitter, right?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

do you even news?

+2 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Iran ratted out Kerry.

He met with Iran's foreign minister in New York, specifically to try to keep the Iran deal in place.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Someone needs to explain to Kerry and the world that he does not represent us in any official capacity! He has no authority and certainly has no clue into how the Trump administration will be handling these matters.

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran on Monday confirmed media reports that Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif had met with former US Secretary of State John Kerry in New York two weeks ago to salvage the 2015 nuclear deal, but meantime, stressed that the minister has had no meeting with the Trump administration officials.
"We don’t see the US just as Mr. Trump; the United States is not just the current ruling administration and there are many figures who have different views on international and regional issues," Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi said.

He described Kerry as a political figure somehow aware of issues related to Iran who can leave major influence on the US public opinion, and said, "During the trip (to New York), a meeting was held (between Zarif) with Kerry, although you know that at present, Kerry doesn’t hold any government post."

Qassemi said that the nuclear deal was certainly one of the issues raised during the Zarif-Kerry meeting, but meantime underlined that "during the trip no talks and meeting was held with the US officials".

The US media reports said last week that Kerry reportedly met Zarif at the United Nations in New York for a second meeting in as many months amid threats by US President Donald Trump to withdraw from the nuclear agreement by May 12.

According to the Boston Globe, the Obama administration's top diplomat has also met with German President Frank-Walter Steinmeir, French President Emmanuel Macron on two occasions, and spoken on the phone with EU's foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini in an attempt to save the agreement that he spent years negotiating with other world leaders.

Source

Edit add: looks like Andy beat me to it!

edit on 5 10 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What proof is there that Kerry was in the Middle East trying to undermine US policy? I thought the Iran deal was a matter of US policy.

Perhaps, like Mike Flynn did with Russia regarding newly imposed sanctions, Kerry was trying to smooth feathers, and ask Iran for patience with Trump's threats, and consider ahead of time, what they (Iran) might want to bring to the table under NEW negotiations.

Wasn't even in Iran.... according to FARS News, Kerry met Iran's Foriegn Minister in New York City.... and talked foreign policy.

+6 more 
link   

Kerry is still SoS and Obama is still president.

At least that is what the MSM and the DNC still believe.

link   

and ask Iran for patience with Trump's threats, and consider ahead of time, what they (Iran) might want to bring to the table under NEW negotiations.

Are you saying he provided aid or comfort to a hostile foreign power? Using his experience/knowledge gained from high level government office to give our enemies a heads-up?

I sincerely hope not. Such actions would be approaching the realm of Constitutionally defined treason.

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

^SOURCE: U.S. Constitution

*No, I am not saying John Kerry committed treason. Such a claim is incredibility serious, and not something to be taken lightly. However, the fact US and/or Allied forces are actively engaged in defensive military action against Iranian forces in Syria/Israel shouldn't be taken lightly either.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am not fond of Kerry anymore, the speech he had on controling people's access to information and restricting communication like on social Media kind of set me against him. I actually read a transcript of Hillary's that basically said the same thing. I feel if she would have got in, we would be limited to what her group wants us to hear and see. I think there would have been severe restrictions on social media imposed if she got in.

At least with trump, we have better access to finding out what is really happening. The trade off is we have to put up with his twitter crap, that kind of stuff would have been banned under a Clinton regime. Trump only ran for president so he could continue to tweet.
edit on 10-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It's a lot more than just the US recertifying. It's also about imposing sanctions, sanctions that will adversely affect the EU, as likely be a huge boon for Russia and most likely China too.

Furthermore, it is not Kerry's place to involve himself in official US business. He isn't a government official, and frankly was working at direct odds with President Trump's goals.

How do you know? What are Trump's goals?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Trump only ran for president so he could continue to tweet.

Certainly would be "bold" if Twitter banned the @POTUS account! Ha Ha

I completely agree with your stance against censorship/restricting access to information. Information is vital (especially in an age of disinformation/distraction) and should be much more freely available. IMO, transparency/accountability is only truly possible with unfettered access to certain information. Otherwise, TPTB could easily remove all the "unflattering" stuff

It is great to see others gravitating toward "more freedom/liberties for all" vs. less
I made the same trek myself in 2016 buddy, long time Dem turned libertarian

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Did Trump hire Kerry?

If not, then by default he cannot be supporting Trumps goals as he isn't being utilized to promote them.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Are you saying he provided aid or comfort to a hostile foreign power?

Are you? Is that what Flynn was accused of doing?

*No, I am not saying John Kerry committed treason.

Of course you aren't, because the Iran deal was forged by several countries, including Iran, Russia, China, Germany, France, the UK and the US. Lobbying, if that's what Kerry was doing, on behalf of involved interests, doesn't rise to Treason.

On the other hand, alienating the US from her allies, and giving her opponents a strategic and financial upper hand in the global arena, through violating her agreement, could be.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Did Trump hire Kerry?

Did Kerry say he did, and/or that he was representing the US Government in his meetings.

If not, then by default he cannot be supporting Trumps goals as he isn't being utilized to promote them.

What are Trump's goals? What does she hope to accomplish by violating this US agreement, against the wishes of many of advisors and generals, and US allies?

Kerry is a private citizen. He can go anywhere he's welcome to discuss anything he wants. Buyer beware, he isn't SOS anymore! (Unlike Flynn, who represented the incoming admin, actively undermining the current admins policy/strategy)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

representing the incoming admin is normal business.

someone who is no longer employed, and not being recruited for employment...that is called "treason".

I don't think the Logan Act should be dusted off for its first use here. Only pointing out that what Kerry did is technically illegal.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Are you? Is that what Flynn was accused of doing?

No, of course I do not believe Flynn OR Kerry committed "treason" by their actions. I just wanted to point out that with Iran's "hostile foreign power" status, his actions could be construed as intentionally undermining the US government's stance on the matter. This could be especially important if the current military conflict were to escalate. This could easily meet the legal definition of the crime. This is why I emphasized "Approaching" treason

Of course you aren't

Did he undermine the Trump administration? Did he obstruct crucial foreign policy goals? I personally have no idea what direct impact his actions had, and I freely admit that. As someone else pointed out, he certainly wasn't promoting the President's agenda/policy goals (ie: official US policy)

Did he aid a hostile foreign power? Give them aid or comfort? It is "treason" if he did those things. My point is that some are quick and cavalier to suggest "treason" because a handful of amorphous "bots" on Twitter said mean things about Hillary. The President has been dragged through the mud over far less and those are just mere unproven allegations. Kerry admits to doing these things, and he's lauded by the far-left/MSM. I don't get the hypocrisy.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Spot on my friend!!

Now where are all the people calling for Logan act prosecutions against Trump team members when we actually have a violator?? Admittingly so as well.....

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

someone who is no longer employed, and not being recruited for employment...that is called "treason".

LOL, "TREASON"...Drama Queen much!

No, It's called lobbying.

I don't think the Logan Act should be dusted off for its first use here. Only pointing out that what Kerry did is technically illegal.

You have no idea what Kerry did or said. He certainly had no leverage to make any promises for the Trump administration like Flynn did.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I think the meeting was more sinister in nature than anyone suspects. (imo) He had to beg Iran not to "out" him as a traitor to America. Might not work. Iran doesn't give a crap about Kerry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join