It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa Clarita Becomes First LA County City To Reject Sanctuary State Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

SANTA CLARITA (CBSLA) — The city of Santa Clarita has become the first in Los Angeles County to break with California’s sanctuary state law.

Emotions ran high at Tuesday night’s packed city council meeting, where 200 people reportedly signed up to make public comments. The meeting lasted into the early morning hours, as council members heard from community members over the issue.

Senate Bill 54 protects undocumented immigrants by limiting cooperation by local law enforcement with federal immigration authorities. Critics of the law say it promotes criminality, while proponents say it will keep communities safer.

Comments got heated at times, but when the council voted unanimously to file a brief to opt out of the sanctuary state law, the audience erupted into triumphant cheers.

Source: Santa Clarita Becomes First LA County City To Reject Sanctuary State Law

Perhaps there is some sanity in that state. It has been suppressed for too long, and now the local people are speaking out against their state capitol and it's leaders. I say, good for them.

It is past time to vote local, act local, shop local.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I just wish CA would secede already, then we can put up the border wall on the east side.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Catch, chip 'em n release I say... BACK.

new topics

join