It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modernization of China's Air Force and problems because of this;

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
America:
“The 2006 budget calls for three submarines, five destroyers and nine landing ships. It also proposes eliminating one of the Navy's 12 aircraft carriers. Overall, Bush is proposing to increase the Pentagon's budget by $19 billion, to $419 billion next year. The budget calls for buying fewer planes, ships and submarines in favor of spending more on counter terrorism.”
Source - story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050218/ap_on_go_co/us_china

So, with America putting less money into its Air Force and China actually putting more money into its Air and Navy, what do you see for the future of China’s Air Force?

I know that at this moment America will have dominance, especially with the B-2 Stealth Bomber and the F-22 Raptor, but…if it is buying less and spending less money on research will China catch up?

What do you think they’ll be interested in building? A mass of ‘cannon fodder’ style Air Craft or going and learning about Stealth Technology? Especially with the possibility they have

www.hippy.freeserve.co.uk...

Also, if Russia could possibly have access to the F-117A Stealth Fighter and be working on reverse engineering their systems to target it and replicate it? But would they sell this to China, like they do a lot of other things?

Just wondering on peoples views on the fact;
A) America are reducing their budget in ‘key areas’.
B) China increasing their budget.
C) Will we ever see a time where America looses air dominance and possible Naval dominance?
D) Will Russia and China begin to become a lot more co-operative on technology?
E) in turn will this become a lot more problematic for India (the region around it) Taiwan and Japan’s peaceful ideology?

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Odium]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well war on terror and whole Iraq war are big expenditures, but in other hand you could say US military budget has risen compared to Clintons admistration, old mutination is shot there and weapon stock holders are happy, so how much should US use for military industry?

War on terror just create more terror in my point of view and it has nothing to do with decreasing it, as now probably chances of US soil attack is highest than ever. Guestion is who really want to waste his brainmater on such, but i think paranoia feeds those new threats and after a while they become reality. Or why mostly generalised groups have inviduals that act as theyr expected, so it comes to that your like asking for it.

I dont see how China couldnt leap the US gap, methods on research and development most crafts can be abandoned on quick simulation, everything is much more fast phased than 10 years ago. If China even someday matches half of US military expenditure, you could say China develop more then. Cause it will strive in future for own manufacture / R&D and cost effiency is run so low that simple figures wont tell near the truth about its capabalitys. US payes very high salarys, has many middle hands and so on, its capitalist while China still probably in future has non-elected goverment that can efficient run its goals, without concerns of civilian mutination. US have to always please the public, sure it has black budget, but is it big enough in future or if not big in $ numbers, maybe should ask efficient?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The china-russia reltionship is quite intriguing..I really can't predict how that one will go in the future..

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Considering its numerical superiority and the fact that the US has a decisive advantage in practical technology I think china best bet would be a low cost swarm approach. After all it doesnt matter if all you have is f-15's if you have 50 of em to every US raptor.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We will see a time when the us will no longer be the dominant power in the world. Thats the fate of every powerfull country. One day you are surrpassed or conquered.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Not any time soon but it will happen eventually i would think. China has 1 billion people while the US has about 300 million. So if their education system and wealth per capita becomes even close to what the US has i could see them surpassing everyone. It's not likely to happen soon but the day may come when India and China are the two most powerful countries on earth... or not. If resources continue to be a huge factor than the population could actually be more of a burden than a blessing, it really depends on what type of tech is created to deal with the problems of catering for such a large population e.g. Star Trek like replicators or something like that.

Also Russia has much better tech than the F-117 (most world powers probably do but aren't going to waste money bulding tech that is over a decade old, especially tech as expensive and hard to maintain as stealth), even the German Lampyridae stealth fighter prototype would have been about the same tech as it and that was 1987. The MFI and PAK-FA would probably use much better tech than both planes. Not that information about these two Russian planes is really available to the public at all...

[edit on 21-2-2005 by Trent]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Considering its numerical superiority and the fact that the US has a decisive advantage in practical technology I think china best bet would be a low cost swarm approach. After all it doesnt matter if all you have is f-15's if you have 50 of em to every US raptor.

The infrastructure and personell involved would be too large (all those pilots and airfields), i think it would be much better for China to continue R&D.

After all, It seems like the US will be occupied militarily for a while.

new topics

top topics

join