It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge in Brock trial compares unpopular sentencing to school desegregation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Alto, CA on Tuesday, Persky compared the lenient six-month ruling to the Supreme Court decision that made racial segregation in schools illegal. He addressed the audience, via BuzzFeed:
jezebel.com...

This is one of those WTF?? moments, every one remember that dirtbag rapist who got a slap on his super entitled wrist for raping a passed out teen behind a dumpster¿?? ..yeah that guy , well the Judge Aaron Persky.made that simply shocking statement, at a press conference, I mean why even take it there , wasn't it embarrassing enough in what he did, how outta touch can some ppl be..smh.
edit on 10-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

They should of stuck him in prison.

He would of gotten all the rape he could handle in there.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Nothing out of CA is surprising.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Persky compared the lenient six-month ruling to the Supreme Court decision that made racial segregation in schools illegal. He addressed the audience, via BuzzFeed:

“Brown vs Board of Education was unpopular in many states. Imagine for a moment if those federal judges had been faced with judicial recall in the face of that unpopularity. We ask judges to follow the rule of law, not the rule of public opinion.”

Wow. Blame the people for just being too stoopid to understand...and for not respecting his ultimate wisdom and authority.

Persky is currently awaiting a June 5 recall vote in a retaliation effort, led by Stanford Law School Professor Michele Dauber, who believes the judge has held “a long pattern of bias in favor of privileged men.”

She told BuzzFeed the Brown comparison is “absurd,” adding:

“Persky has repeatedly abused his discretion on behalf of abusers. As a result, voters in this county have lost confidence in his ability to be fair...In Brown, the Supreme Court bravely ruled with the powerless against the powerful. In Brock Turner’s case, Persky did the exact opposite.”

I really really hope the recall election kicks this judge's sorry butt right out of there.

When it comes to government corruption -- especially the feds -- nothing surprises me. I absolutely expect the worst. I've seen too much to give them any benefit of the doubt.

But I'll admit that I'm rather shocked at the sheer numbers and level of sexual abuse complaints being made public these last few months... and just appalled at how many knew/know and did nothing. Or worse, covered it up. I can't even put it down as "boys will be boys" attitude, because this goes to a whole other level. A very sick and perverse level.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I know a lot of people want to look at this as a racial ruling, but I blame it more on athletics, sadly. There is a similar case that took place at Baylor with a football player who most decidedly was not white, and he received similar treatment.

As a former student athlete, it disgusts me when things like this happen because it makes us all look bad and most of the student athletes I knew were decent people who worked their butts off to compete and graduate.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It is not "boys will be boys"!

But I wonder if we dug into the research how many of these cases came from broken homes and either had horrible male models or no male models in their lives?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It is not "boys will be boys"!

But I wonder if we dug into the research how many of these cases came from broken homes and either had horrible male models or no male models in their lives?

It would be interesting to find out. I would like to see the ratio between the two; fatherless homes and homes with abusive fathers.

Such research should have been done already.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It's a poorly concealed secret that boys and girls learn differently.

Anyone reading this article understands that boys and girls are different in many ways. I have been in education for 20 years and I have known from the first day that boys and girls act differently in the learning environment. Most teachers would say the same thing. Although the recognition of gender differences has existed for a long time, pinpointing the exact differences and why there are gender differences is being understood more fully as researchers explore gender learning variations and the reasons behind them.

Gender and education research has begun to show a mismatch between boys’ and girls’ learning brains and how education is being delivered. Educators and education researchers have spent many years researching and working on correcting negative gender biases toward girls. Finding ways to have gender equity for girls in our schools has been an important focus. However, statistics indicate that approximated 70 percent of Ds and Fs and half of As are earned by boys, 66 percent of learning disability diagnoses are dispensed to boys, boys represent 90 percent of discipline referrals, 80 percent of high school dropouts are male, and males make up fewer than 40 percent of college students (Gurian, 2004). This information gives indication that it is important to give more attention to what the boys in schools need as well.

What are we talking about when we are speaking of toxic masculinity and who decides what it toxic?

Somewhere in society we're going wrong with how we try to raise our boys, and it is creating problems.

**EDIT**

Here's one talking about paternal role in boys' development. I know this is geared toward gifted children, but a lot of this will apply to boys in general.
edit on 10-5-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

join