It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to decimate Childrens Health Insurance Program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Donald Trump wants to cut 7 billion dollars from the government program that feeds poor children, CHIP. This comes after welfare reform, and if Repulicans aren't stopped in November medicaid, medicare and social security will be decimated as well in an all out assault on poor people. It will be interesting to see if the ret of the GOP supports this evil plan.

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The request from President Donald Trump includes a $7 billion cut to the popular program, part of $15 billion in overall cuts. Some $2 billion would come from a contingency fund that was created to prevent states from running out of money, with the rest coming from funding that Congress has authorized for the program but states haven't spent. The administration defended the cuts, telling reporters Monday the money would come from untapped leftover funds and wouldn't affect operations at CHIP or in other health care areas.

So there was unused money in "untapped leftover funds". I smell the rat here, like that official said, this money was never going to be spent (on children). It really is highly suspicious to me when I read such a thing.

Those "leftover"-breadcrumbs, I bet there was someone or a group who preyed on them to pocket it. Such things have been done in the past, it will happen again.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
You don’t solve money problems with money.

The root of the problem is always something deeper with roots in attitude and an aversion to personal responsibility. The mere fact you describe them as ‘poor people’ is part of the problem

Once someone accepts that label for themselves they will be doomed to create that reality for themselves.

I am sure you are well intentioned, but there are more ways to help people than simply throwing money at them.

In many ways you create dependence and steal someone’s ability to take care of themselves when you enable them to remain on assistance.

Most humans will simply feed at the trough if given that option much like an animal to its feed dish.

Your ideas are more harmful to the human spirit than helpful.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
So, in effect, this will do nothing to impact the program, but will reclaim unused money? Looks like we are finding waste, stopping it, and having it to reinvest in infrastructure, the opiod crisis, maybe a wall, etc....what is wrong with that?

MAGA

+15 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

When you have to lie, it destroys ajy value in your story.

+11 more 
posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Oh look, the OP is once again regurgitating CNN then bailing on the thread once it's shown to be partisan hackery.

Standard.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Is he on record as saying "Today, our administration is going to decimate this Children's Health Insurance Program. Too long have these young, sick people been weighing down this great country. With their constant begging, whining, and outright attack on American values, they have put all the great and wonderful, hardworking, blue collar, white Americans in a financial bind, that has destroyed the social security administration, and taken jobs out from underneath them. Information from my security council has led us to believe that many of the so-called pediatric cancer patients are working directly with Russian ISIS agents in Iran. As of this moment, I've ordered Secretary of Defense Mattis to strike children's hospitals across the country with our military might. Our brave men and women, who sacrifice everything to protect this country, are unified in this attack against American values. We will ensure that these children suffer, and send a message to all the children of the world that there is no health insurance program in the United States of America for you here! In an attempt to repay these lost funds, I've implemented tariffs on all toys, children's medications, children's clothing, diapers, baby food and baby wipes. We will take back what they've taken from us, and we will distribute those lost funds to the wealthy, white Americans who make this country great. For too long, the democrats have spoiled these kids with healthcare, insurance programs, and fake opportunities at life. Today, we end the tyranny and corruption, and put America 1st! God Bless you all, and God Bless America!!"

I'm pretty sure that's what he said about this. Right?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You know, there ARE other news outlets out there besides CNN, right?

No, not FOX, but other ones.

Try it sometime, you might be surprised how mad you'll get at yourself for willingly believing in CNN's lies and venom.

CNN once again proves it truly is FAKE NEWS!!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I don't know where you got that from, if you wrote it or found it somewhere, but that is AWESOME sarcasm!

Can I steal that? That is just a wicked good rejoinder!!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

When you have to lie, it destroys ajy value in your story.

This is a dupe of a mid 2017 fake news thread.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Assassin82

I don't know where you got that from, if you wrote it or found it somewhere, but that is AWESOME sarcasm!

Can I steal that? That is just a wicked good rejoinder!!

All yours man! Steal away!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
He's just trying to curb childhood obesity.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

If the money is so needed why wasn't it spent?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

To add to alternatives.

There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing. -Chris Knight

In some states, it’s really easy to get in CHIP. Companies like it, since they don’t have to spend money on their employees kids.

Making CHiP a little harder to go on, really won’t hurt poor kids but will hurt big companies trying to save some money.....it would be interesting to see how many CNN employees have their kids on CHiP, instead of CNN taking money from their profits tocpay for Employees family health care

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Simple...because the crooked politicians hadn't figured out a way to steal it yet by siphoning it off to their buddies (who would pay them back tenfold in other ways)!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This thread should be moved to the HOAX bin. Its about time the left and right should be held accountable on this site.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

CNN told me trump hate children so it must be true. I'm sure those funds are going to Russian children or used to pay off stormy Daniel's.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Trump and the Republicans want to kill children and old people! and gays!

This is why the Democrats are losing members, and the media is viewed as a partisan joke.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Trump obviously wants to use this money to grind up poor children to feed rich kids.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I don't think the plan goes far enough.

There is nothing in the plan that calls for stabbing tiny kittens with forks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join