It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The issue with atheism

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I am expecting my response to this thread to either:

1) fall on deaf ears

Or

2) preach to the "choir"

That's the thing with Christianity, with all religionists actually; it's invested too heavily in "god against devil😈."

Not just good/right against evil/wrong, they've anthropomorphized their beliefs.

In their minds, the different positions have taken on cosmic importance.

Sure, they will deny this and scoff at it.

But everyone can see the pathological nature of their mindset.

To the religionists, everyone else is led astray by the devil; only they are on God's side.

Never mind if they are their fellow christians/Muslims/Buddhists/whatever, if they don't belong to their exact same denomination/sect/tribe/whatever, they're led astray by the devil.

Their minds are conditioned to see enemies; braiwashed, actually, with delusions of grandeur.

They also exhibit extreme persecution complex when, in truth, they demand to always have their (i.e. "god's") way.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

You may be entertained by the idea that that often happens to be true. But also that they're sometimes right to think so.

As for me, I don't see good or bad... I see Rhetoric.
In that Rhetoric there is music. And those two arts are bestowed on masons just as much as any religion. However... In masonry it is more numbing.
The arts are few, but subtle in their works.
If you saw it was right to hear the horrid howls of a frightened individual who without you becomes dead, and answer the call... Then you are no better than the age old saying you think is stupid.

Rhetoric is in the ninth, tenth, and eleventh degrees.
Right or wrong. Sing It. It Is The Lord's Doing.
But When You Advance To Music... What Song Is The Most Moving To You...???

edit on 14-5-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Even I was surprised that atheists were like that

Well, if that's the case then that's wrong. It simply doesn't make sense as it's an oxymoron.

I suspect those people are seriously angry about something else and just using 'atheism' as a means to vindicate their sense of exclusion.

Just for the record, I think churches and gothic architecture are mostly beautiful. I've been to many around Europe and the UK and some are just staggering in their design and history. While I may not like what they have come to represent, I still think the accomplishments to design and build them is incredible.

Well I don't suspect anything, I suggest you complain to them, it's irrelevant to me
They can call themselves whatever they want and do whatever they want

and I don't really care about church buildings, money could have been spent better elsewhere

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Funny, Christians are told to love God love others, especialy those lead astray by the devil.
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried

I am not saying Christians get it right, they don't
edit on 14-5-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Christians put your type in that very special people category, we like you to wear mittens so you don't scratch yourself, a sign sayin " beware I am clumsy"
LMAO, what does that even mean? Made me smile though, reminded me of scratch mittens on my baby son

"How do we deal with people like you" is that a serious question
Screams of insecurity and attention seeking ccg
Lol again, no, I was asking DpatC how he 'deals with', or explains if you like, people like me who are faithless. He was going on about some mumbo jumbo maths and belief in zero's etc, desperate to equate it with belief in unverifiable gods. Absolutely ridiculous, so I presented myself as an example of someone who holds no beliefs. Souls, spirits, ghosts, goblins, elves, nope, I believe in nothing that is unverifiable.

Funny how I don't go into atheist threads and bemoan people like you yet here you are
Post where you like as I do, I'll call out any crap I see it, especially when theists make out atheism requires some faith in something, it doesn't.
Now cheer up fella, you seem grumpy in your reply.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I didn't mention dwarfs, why do you? I don't see the relevance.
Pixies, elves, dragons, goblins, and gods have no evidence, but Dwarfism is a human condition so obviously I accept that.
Pull me up on dragons or whatever and I'll see your point, but otherwise I'll just assume you have nothing to argue against anything I've posted so far.

Komodo Dragons? They're a thing...

LMAO again! Yes, I've seem Komodo's with my own eyes on their island, nasty looking beasts.
But you know the type of dragonsI don't believe in, those unverifiable ones, like all gods.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Really?

What new testament version are you reading?

Because the version I read is just chomping at the bit to destroy unbelievers; and I'm not just talking about that god-awful Revelation.

believe or else

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Mods, kindly delete this, please.

Thanks.

edit on 14-5-2018 by reject because: Double post

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Agreed, the new testament god is a pretty angry one. I don't think he'd like me very much at all. No matter, even if he exists and I meet him after my death I'll call him a barbaric warmonger to his face.
Anyone who thinks the Christian god is loving is delusional in my opinion, he/it certainly likes watching children starve around the world...do you think he eats popcorn?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

a reply to: rejectI am not saying Christians get it right, they don't

But you got it right, yes?

Lol.

Classic cognitive dissonance.

You just proved my point for me.

Love it

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The figment of their imagination invisible friend is running an extortion or protection scam; protection from himself.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Pixies, elves, dragons, goblins, and gods have no evidence, but Dwarfism is a human condition so obviously I accept that.
Pull me up on dragons or whatever and I'll see your point, but otherwise I'll just assume you have nothing to argue against anything I've posted so far.

LMAO again! Yes, I've seem Komodo's with my own eyes on their island, nasty looking beasts.
But you know the type of dragonsI don't believe in, those unverifiable ones, like all gods.

I've never seen one myself.
I just take other people's word that they exist...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Komodo Dragons that is....
edit on 14 5 1818 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Funny how I don't go into atheist threads and bemoan people like you yet here you are

OP Title: "The issue with atheism"

Where do you think you are...?

edit on 14-5-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Flights are cheap these days, go see for yourself, Komodo Dragons are easy to verify, unlike mythical dragons and gods of course lol

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

LMAO, I thought exactly the same, a thread crudely attempting to bash atheists and he expects atheists to stay out of the discussion. I think most of the theists in this thread are just butt hurt that their arguments are so weak relying on nothing but learned faith lol

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Flights are cheap these days, go see for yourself, Komodo Dragons are easy to verify, unlike mythical dragons and gods of course lol

But I don't like flying.

I suppose I might be able to find one in a zoo.
Are zoos still a thing?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Funny, Christians are told to love God love others, especialy those lead astray by the devil.
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried

I am not saying Christians get it right, they don't

I'm pretty sure atheists in general would say they strive to live by the idea of respecting other people.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Oh well, if Indonesia is out of reach for you I guess you'll just have to base an opinion on the accounts and footage from people who have seen Komodo Dragons, Occam's razor usually works for me.
I formed the opinion that our only venomous snake, the Adder, actually existed for most of my adult life, because books and other people told me they did, it had to be a UK wide conspiracy if they didn't. I relied on Occam's razor for that acceptance that Adders existed.
I was 30 when I saw my first one in the wild so the existence of Adders has now been verified personally.

...now any gods on the other hand...urm...you get what I'm driving at here mate?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Oh well, if Indonesia is out of reach for you I guess you'll just have to base an opinion on the accounts and footage from people who have seen Komodo Dragons, Occam's razor usually works for me.
I formed the opinion that our only venomous snake, the Adder, actually existed for most of my adult life, because books and other people told me they did, it had to be a UK wide conspiracy if they didn't. I relied on Occam's razor for that acceptance that Adders existed.
I was 30 when I saw my first one in the wild so the existence of Adders has now been verified personally.

...now any gods on the other hand...urm...you get what I'm driving at here mate?

I've seen adders.
Yeah I get ya.
Something can only be considered to exist if seen, smelled, heard, tasted, touched or otherwise measured by at least two people.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join