It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The issue with atheism

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Well now what am I gonna do?

You can't do that. Just say i'm right and bail.

I demand an argument.

I'm lonely!
edit on Ram51218v28201800000013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

that's so not the same

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

You can't all be correct about what you view as god. Otherwise we live in a world filled with many gods of unlimited potential for omnipotence yet somehow, despite all of the grandiose myth, they don't show us their amazing power today yet thousands of years past they were in frequent communication with the denizens of this planet.

You are correct, there is an account between the god Baal and the one true God that answers that question. Of coarse you would have to have faith that this actually happened.

1 Kings chapter 18 Byington Bible

20 And Ahab sent all through Israel and gathered all the prophets at Mount Carmel.
21 And Elijah came up to all the people and said “Till when will you limp along on both conceptions? if Jehovah is God follow him, and if the Baal, follow him”; and the people gave him not a word of answer.
22 And Elijah said to the people “I am the only prophet of Jehovah left, and of the Baal’s prophets there are four hundred and fifty men.
23 Then let them give us two steers, and let them choose themselves one steer and cut it up and lay it on the wood, and not put in any fire, and I will prepare one steer and not put in any fire;
24 and you shall call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of Jehovah, and the god that answers with fire is God.” And all the people answered “All right.”
25 And Elijah said to the prophets of the Baal “Choose yourselves one steer and prepare it first, because there are more of you, and call on the name of your god, but do not put in any fire.”
26*** And they took the steer and prepared it, and called on the name of the Baal from morning till noon, “Baal, answer us!” without getting a sound of answer, and hobbled along by the altar they had made.
27* And at noon Elijah derided them and said “Call loud, because he is a god—because he is occupied with his private concerns—because he is gone on an expedition—maybe he is asleep and will wake up”;
28 and they called loudly and hacked themselves with swords and lances in their fashion till blood flowed over them.
29 And through the afternoon they were under the power till time for making the offering, without getting a sound of answer or attention.
30 And Elijah said to all the people “Come here to me”; and all the people came to him; and he mended the broken-down altar of Jehovah.
31 And Elijah took twelve stones, equal in number to the tribes of the sons of Jacob to whom came Jehovah’s word “Your name shall be Israel,”
32* and built the stones into an altar in Jehovah’s name, and made a trench, taking in room for about three pecks of seed, around the altar,
33 and laid the wood and cut up the steer and laid it on the wood, and said “Fill four jars with water and pour it over the burnt-offering and the wood”; and they did so.
34 And he said “Do it again”; and they did it again. And he said “Do it the third time”; and they did it the third time,
35 and the water ran around the altar, and he filled the trench with water too.
36 And at offering-making the prophet Elijah approached it and said “Jehovah, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, today let it be recognized that you are God in Israel and I am your servant, and it was at your word I did all these things.
37 Answer me, Jehovah, answer me, and let this people know that you, Jehovah, are God, and it was you who turned their hearts backward.”
38 And Jehovah’s fire fell and consumed the burnt-offering and the wood and the stones and the soil, and licked up the water in the trench;
39 and all the people saw and threw themselves down on their faces and said “Jehovah is God, Jehovah is God.”

And it will happen again but this time it won't be just to a few hundred people in one geographical spot, but worldwide.
edit on 12-5-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

I think you just agreed with me
Europe didn't advance till after Luther reformed parts of the Catholic Church, the Dark Ages

Your dating is perfectly lining up with what I said
Genghis Khan would have conquered Europe if he hadn't have died,he conquered the Middle East, Europe where no better developed, just further away

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: randyvs

Same goes for you.

Of course it does. At which point did I act like a snowflake and get disturbed by people questioning my opinion?? I'm happy to argue and debate.

Its you God fellows who get hot and bothered when disgusting words like 'evidence', 'logic' and 'proof' and thrown around

Evidence, logic and proof required for abiogenesis or it's just science fiction and your faith

You have nothing, not even a single journal article sayin evolution is a fact, nothing

(post by Amandarc removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I consider myself atheist and i i'm not telling every person in my way what my believe is,i don't know if other atheists claim anything to anyone but i think thats the mistake the op did; i never tell anyone i'm atheist because it's just my belief and i don't feel in the need to make it a statement or a claim,it just was my decision to live lije this just like to make the desicion to be vegetarian or let ur beard grow,etc .
I just don't believe in any deity,i don't know if any exists because i don't have all the absolute answers and knowledge or whatever you need to prove something like thst;it's just my beliefs and i repect any other peoples beliefs as long as they respect my own,there is no issue with atheism or wuth christanity either or with any other religion or belief u have,the issue is when u don't respect others beliefs and to think they are wrong of inferior just because they don't see the world like you see it.
Excuse me if something i wrote doesn't understand very well,english isn't my first language.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Same goes for you.

Of course it does. At which point did I act like a snowflake and get disturbed by people questioning my opinion?? I'm happy to argue and debate.

Its you God fellows who get hot and bothered when disgusting words like 'evidence', 'logic' and 'proof' and thrown around

Evidence, logic and proof required for abiogenesis or it's just science fiction and your faith

You have nothing, not even a single journal article sayin evolution is a fact, nothing

Seriously, it’s enough of the Bull S# straw man argument that i’m pretty sure you know is a single digit IQ interpretation. There isn’t a single peer reviewed paper stating that any aspect of science or any scientific theory is a fact. It’s not how science works and to keep tossing that out as if it supports your childish tantrums and sour attitude says far more about you than it does the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis.

I know you won’t bother, but in case anyone else is as wilfully ignorant yet would like to know what the scope of a Scientific Theory is... A Scientific Theory is a group of facts that explain an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested utilizing observations and experiments per the scientific method. Every Scientific Theory has been able to withstand scrutiny. To state that it can’t be real because there are no peer reviewed papers concluding that the entirety of it current body of knowledge is 100% fact simply demonstrates how little you want to understand something and doesn’t reflect at all on the validity of biological evolution.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

a reply to: Woodcarver

Come on wipe away the tears and answer me.
you guys are really touchy today, I must’ve poked a nerve.

Seriously though Woodcarver. I'm the Vicar at our local Parish.

Ask me anything.
Whatcha wanna know?
I think you are here to play games, I gave you plenty of opportunities to have a solid conversation did you spend the entire day slinging insults and apparently lying about who would like you are, and I don’t think And I your responses would be genuine and or mature enough to lot 80 more time in this day too.

Perhaps this will convince you that I'm the real deal?
You are right. I am convinced you are an absolute loon.

Well without empirical and verifiable evidence that claim can be safely ignored.
How is this for evidence?
youtu.be...

It turns out, you are just a really bad musician. Good luck with that eighth album. Are all of your songs about atheists?

Seeing as you mistook me for the frontman of Årabrot (lol) and failed at trying to hurt my feelings, I'll give you another shot at it by giving to a taste of my own musicianship.
Incidentally this track seems very relevant...

Hit me Woodcarver, gimme both barrels!

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Same goes for you.

Seriously, it’s enough of the Bull S# straw man argument that i’m pretty sure you know is a single digit IQ interpretation. There isn’t a single peer reviewed paper stating that any aspect of science or any scientific theory is a fact. It’s not how science works and to keep tossing that out as if it supports your childish tantrums and sour attitude says far more about you than it does the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis.

I know you won’t bother, but in case anyone else is as wilfully ignorant yet would like to know what the scope of a Scientific Theory is... A Scientific Theory is a group of facts that explain an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested utilizing observations and experiments per the scientific method. Every Scientific Theory has been able to withstand scrutiny. To state that it can’t be real because there are no peer reviewed papers concluding that the entirety of it current body of knowledge is 100% fact simply demonstrates how little you want to understand something and doesn’t reflect at all on the validity of biological evolution.

Look there is a watch, because we don't believe in a watchmaker, it must have evolved, how else could the watch get there.there are no other options

Your argument is stupid
It's not science, it's atheism in science, it's religion, pure and simple.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's far worse than religion, it is a cult in disguise.

In fact, Scientists are more fanatical than ANY cult.

Some of the goals are even identical:

"causing people to think of the spiritual world as crazy..."

Never forget that 'science' can be as abused for the sake of religious or anti-religious preconceptions as equally as the Bible can be, on both sides of a debate. Combating the cult of "Scientism."

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe. They accomplished this by adopting new rules in regards to scientific research.

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

The atheistic mainstream scientism establishment is becoming increasingly desperate in it's efforts to conceal the impending collapse of the erroneous theoretical structures upon which their imaginary Darwinian universe is built. You will find nothing but denial and vicious personal attacks on anyone who dares to point out these contradictions and offer alternative theories.

www.henrymakow.com...

"Blinded by Science" This card basically is a depiction of blinding people through the notion that a thing is false if it cannot be explained by science. Its like making science look like the real thing. Many empty headed people buy into it and that allows the corrupt science groups (controlled by Illuminati as shown in the card) to publish false stuff.

www.pinterest.com...

This higher studies and disinformation lead to people being “Blinded by Science” like the next card says, being one of the goals of the New World Order, causing people to think of the spiritual world as crazy, becoming as robots, just like the picture depicts, not only because of the way they act and think, which is all the same, but because of the coming chip which will make them part machines and which they will all accept gladly.

Illuminati Game, a Plan for Control

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That's cute. You can't actually falsify any of the scientific data so you just dismiss it as a stupid argument. You're entitled to your opinion, regardless of how ignorant and uninformed it is. It's pretty clear you haven't got the foggiest notion of what you're actually saying. Keep propping up your magical, irony filled strawman while refusing to utilize concepts you demand from everyone else. You come across as if you are the most unhappy and miserable person I've seen in quite some time. I think you need more hugs in your life and less internet trolling.

Feel free to utilize some logic for once and falsify biological evolution via the scientific method if you are capable.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

And right on cue, Murgatroid arrives with a wall of text but nothing that resembles an actual point aside from "I love jesus, science hates jesus, so I hate science. Well done!

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Nice of you to illustrate my point so perfectly...

I owe you one buddy!

You will find nothing but denial and vicious personal attacks on anyone who dares to point out these contradictions and offer alternative theories...

www.henrymakow.com...

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I gotta admit Pete I admire your persistent
faith. But without eviidence what you
believe? Is the hokiest ga damn notion
I've ever heard. Crap just piece'n itself
together no lab in hostile environment pay
no mind to the billions of years
impossibility. Look at what you actually
believe? It's insanity. Even a strawman in
the mix wouldn't make it more believable.
And you call that intelligent? I said it years
Ago in a thread titled "Aheism is stupid"
But you can believe what ever you want.
Just don't mock others unless you wanna
eat crow pal.

Pointing the finger to call attention away from
the obvious just won't work anymore.

Just jerked your lil toy away.
edit on Rpm51218v40201800000038 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

There isn’t a single peer reviewed paper stating that any aspect of science or any scientific theory is a fact. It’s not how science works...

It's not how science should work, but it's exactly how the science establishment (TM) behaves:

"Accordingly, evolutionists are no longer concerned with obtaining evidence to support the fact of evolution. Rather, evolutionary research nowadays seeks to understand further and in more detail how the process of evolution occurs." Source

"New species have in fact emerged later then humans, as for instance the Bonobo (deviating from the Chimpanzee line) and certainly a lot of bacteria, but such deviations occur from lower levels of complexity and don’t contribute to the highest level of complexity." Source 2

"As a point of fact, the evolution of alternative developmental pathways for distinct environmental settings may share significant similarities with the evolution of physiological adaptations" Source 3

This is the tip of the iceberg of the secular agenda and their thought control impregnated in "educational" outlets.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: midicon

you need to follow the law, what's this sovereignity over your life about?

I don't need to believe in God in order to know that I should live my life in a manner that is respectful to other people.

I mean, it's only logical that I should treat other people the way I want other people to treat me, or else I'd be a hypocrite, and I don't want to be a hypocrite.

By the way, I'm not exactly an atheist, but I'm not a very religious person, either. I'm more of an agnostic.

edit on 12/5/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
sometimes there's much difference between what people say and do

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join