It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The issue with atheism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

The issue with atheism are deluded worshipers like you, spreading hatred against anyone not worshiping your god(s).

I didn’t see the OP advocating for a specific deity or spreading hatred of any kind. Those attributions come from your own insecurity and uncertainty. I think more than anything we just feel sorry for you.

edit on 2018/5/10 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

sounds really dangerous

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

That's always been my impression, if God is truly just your actions would be your ticket not your beliefs. If you live a good life and cause no harm to others, if you're cast to hell for not pledging your allegiance then it stands to reason God is not an infallible creature,
as he would be acting with the ego of a mere mortal. I'm agnostic as I do not denounce the possibility of his existence, however the bibles spoken word about him is very contradictory in my belief.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

sounds really dangerous

Life can be dangerous. You seem to have an issue with atheism, why not just live and let live?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Imagine If you asked someone "What football team do you follow?" and they answered something along the lines of "None, I don't follow football. I'm not into any sports at all actually. I'd rather read or play music."

Would you jump to a conclusion that they answered that way because they think they are the best football player?

It may surprise you that they don't like football, especially if it's a game you thoroughly enjoy and you may find it difficult to understand how anyone could not enjoy sport of any sort. As you know, those people do exist and you may even be one of them, I don't know.

People who hold beliefs, apparently find it difficult to understand that Atheists simply do not hold a belief at all.
Due to that misunderstanding, they seem to imagine some sort of belief they believe the Atheist must have and they'd be wrong.
Very wrong.

Atheism is simply not believing, nothing more.
edit on 10/5/2018 by Hammaraxx because: A word was missing (Not noticed in preview) and the post didn't make as much sense without it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I am an atheist and I am also very spiritual.
... [SNIP]...
I blieve in myself, maybe I have a soul [maybe not, it remains to be seen at the end]. Nature might very well recycle data, what do I know but reincarnation may be possible.
... [SNIP]...
I am an Atheist!

Sorry to bring this up Hecate666, but you just described yourself as Agnostic not Atheist.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I don't have to agree with something which threatens my life.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Hammaraxx

it's all a matter of opinion

as I stated, claiming there's no need to worship anything is to identify with God, which is souvereign, which means he does not need to worship anything

nobody is God

perhaps some don't know what they do and are just parroting stupidity

that's why I made this thread, to make them aware

I know some still might not understand
edit on 10-5-2018 by Out6of9Balance because: add

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I don't have to agree with something which threatens my life.

Surely you aren't implying that people who lack a a belief in deities are a threat to your life?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

there's one God

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

there's one God

Sigh, ok, are you suggesting people who don't believe in God are a threat to your life?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

If your country was a Christian country, I would still disagree
Thought that persecution thing was Christian only
I apologise on behalf of all Christians for making you have to state you are an atheist

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm not an atheist, but I will speak up for and defend them when they are unjustly ridiculed.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
"Atheism is the distantiation of God. These people claim to worship nothing, so are in fact claiming to be souvereign/supreme beings, actually God himself"

Ye, that doesn't really work.......... but I think I get your drift.... just in different verbiage...
Atheism is I think, the not accepting that there is a God, hoping their right.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I have met many atheists who I consider better human beings than some Christians
It's strange that way

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

That's an insane leap in logic you are making. Just because we don't believe in god doesn't mean we consider ourselves gods. Atheism just means lack of belief in a god. Assigning extra beliefs or "doctrines" to that is just logically wrong.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Well whatever you are, I don't think you are talking common sense

Anyway, my apologies for forcing atheists for outing themselves, must be so horrible for them

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think the OP means that ultimately we are the ones who pro-create, raise, are hunter- gatherers, and are responsible in our lives and those of our prodigies. That by our work and sweat, capabilities and knowledge, we survive and how it manifest and turns out. Rather than seeing God as the cause and effect, they see themselves as the Cause and effect solely....... but I could be wrong.
edit on 10-5-2018 by Plotus because: Clarify

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I think OP has no idea what atheism is and just hates atheists, so he has to ascribe a bunch of properties to us that he can point to and say “ that’s why i hate atheists”.

I’m glad that most everybody sees through this and understands that he is just deluded.

For the record, i am an atheist and i don’t believe the things you are ascrbing to people like me.

Atheism is very easy. Religious people are making a claim that they cannot back up with facts or evidence. We simply do not believe these claims because they are not backed up with facts or evidence.
edit on 10-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

Sry plotus, didn’t mean to reply to you.
edit on 10-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You'll have to apologise to the atheists themselves, I'm afraid.

Alternatively, you could just pray to God and ask Him for forgiveness. I hear even the most despicable of humans get a free out-of-hell card if they pray to God and state that Jesus is the lord and he died for our sins...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join