It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anybody else extra restless and losing sleep over what’s going on in the world right now ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So all the news broadcasts lately with the flurry of horrible events taking place has definitely left me with some insomnia lately ?

Anybody else feeling that butterflies in your feeling stomach that this is all leading to big planet altering events ?

And if so , this is why I post in this section . What do you do to phase it out and stay grounded , calm , mindful of your emotions and in a state of balance ?

Outside of the obvious ( plugging out from all media outlets ,WIFI) and getting out in nature ..

If you for various personal reasons can’t afford to do that - how to you function in the midst of it all and still maintain a positive outlook ?

I think it’s crucial we all have those outlets and stay as positive as possible . Because no matter how challenging life can be , it’s always worth living ! And living it to its fullest

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Nope.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

If you are losing sleep because of what's going on in the world now? Cancel your cable and get off of the internet! Your only other option is to seek psychiatric help which means meds which you DO NOT need.

Big Pharm is loving posts like yours because they got the meds to solve all your worldly problems. Just watch how may drug commercials you see while watching the MSM news and get back to me.....

So disconnect from the matrix and just go out and enjoy mother nature and spend time with your family.

edit on 10-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Is anybody else extra restless and losing sleep over what’s going on in the world right now ?

Why ? I have been alive a long time
And to bring back an old saying that is still relevant......
SSDD
Google it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Why ? I have been alive a long time
And to bring back an old saying that is still relevant......
SSDD
Google it.

Seems like that SS is getting harder to swallow... maybe it's because of getting old.......

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

My dearest friend, brother or sister, what's goes on around us in this world is out of our control. The more you think about the negative, the more negative your reality becomes. How do I cope with this deteriorating world? I don't. I fill my days with nature, self enlightenment, and love. I go out of my way to have positive social interaction with strangers, because I know the majority are feeling the same way you are, and could use a foreign source of kindness. Appreciate each passing second, minute, hour and day, and everything in the end will be okay.

Sending positive thoughts your way my friend!

Cheers!
-StS

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I take extra-strength Damitol

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
all the over racism is kinda killing me lately...

must be a new formula to the water they feed us
edit on 10-5-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If you mean the heat wave that has kept me awake... then yes... if you mean:

- Evil people doing evil things: Nope
- Childish politicians all over the world bickering over how to ruin the world quicker: Nope
- Stupid people carrying on their stupid ways: Nope
- Genderquake: Nope
- Re watching doctor who: Yes... well, should really get more than 4 hours sleep

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Have you tried counting sheep?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
No sense in losing sleep over things we have no control over.

What will be, will be. We do what when can, as we can, when we can.

Always do you best, so when you rest you can be content.

The rest is just noise.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Why worry about the media's version of the world?

Just worry about you and yours, focus on where you can make positive a change...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
You need to sign off the internet for awhile.

Worry is just interest paid on debts not yet due.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I have been sleeping fine, I worry not for what is to come, there will be world changing events but they are already foretold of, should anything happen to me I know my soul is safe for it has been saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 13:6
6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Knowing these things I fear neither man nor beast for none can pluck me from the Lord's hand.

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I've never really had a good nights sleep in the last 30yrs, I'm 41. I've grown used to it and sleep when I can, no matter what time of the day it is. If I try to follow a pattern, I inevitably drift back to a random sleep pattern.

I notice the younger generation to me can sleep half a day, everyday!

My anxiety and depression started when I was 11 and its taken me 30yrs to learn how to work ever so slightly with it, rather than against it.

I've taken all kinds of Pharma Drugs, Black Market Drugs and Herbal drugs do get me off Pharma Drugs but still comes with side effects but not like Pharma Drugs.

I walk 5 miles in the UK everyday with my Husky, and my Indonesian Wife (23) cooks fresh good food everyday for me.

I take 3 months of the year away in India, walking the Himalayan Mountains.

But still I suffer and its a constant balance that is very easily unbalanced when plugging into the Matrix too much.

Technology owes Ecology an Apology.

Soon as that shallow empty feeling arises, I stop what am doing and move onto the next thing.

Don't Think, Just Do!

edit on 10-5-2018 by mfourl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

To be honest, I wish I could be worried about this as it would mean that my day to day problems were nonexistent.

I worry a lot at the moment but it is a worry about our home and if we may lose it and what our personal future brings in that regard.
I worry abut our car, I worry about my health, I couldn't care less about the state of the world at the moment. Maybe a WW3 would even help sorting out everything in one swoop [sorry to be so negative].

So, no I am not worried about the world right now but I wish I would be as it means that I had nothing else to worry about.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
7 billion people in this world.

The only true effect I have on it, is my place in it.

I can be as positive as possible. I can raise my children to be as smart, kind and humane as possible. I can try to influence those around me as best I can to make the world a better place. But at the end of the day, I can only account for my actions.

One day Mother Nature will take back what is hers. Billions of years from now, this planet won’t even exist. I have a very, very small window to enjoy my place on it. Worrying about what the other 6,999,999,999 people are doing prevents me from enjoying my time here.

So I focus on me, my family, my friends, and my time here. I go to sleep knowing I’m playing a part on the good team as best as I can. And I sleep just fine!

Except when I see spiders in my sleep. That sh!t will keep me up at night. Evil little 8 legged a$$h@!@$

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Courage, determination, and a near pathological inability to permit fear to do anything else other than alert you to the need to dodge.

I sleep, when the weather permits, perfectly well. The only things that keep me up at night are high humidity, and high temperatures. That is all.

Despite being aware of the nature of the world we are living in and the motives of those running it, I elected many years ago, to live my damned life, regardless of what people put in my way to prevent my progress. Whether those things are personal and local, or impersonal and national or global, I WILL progress, I WILL continue, I will NOT be stopped, no matter what efforts are made to counter my forward motion.

Control by fear is the name of the game at the highest echelons of governance. In order to be capable of living free in a captive society, it is necessary to be above fear, to master yourself. Be disciplined. Where you were fearful of crossing the street, because you have heard how many drunk drivers there are in your country, cross the thing anyway, and be focused on getting to the other side in perfect health. Live inside each moment, not in the one which came before, or the ones which are to come after, but be present and aware of the moment you are in.

Concentrate on taking the small steps, ignore the wider edifice while you are working at its deconstruction, concentrate on the patch you can effect.

Keep your awareness broad, and your focus narrow, and remember above all things, that it is better to die free, than live in chains, whether they are physical, or wrapped around your mind.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I take extra-strength Damitol

Falling for those big pharma television ads again, are you?

Fukitol works way better!

Damitol is for lightweights.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Was warned these things would take place and NOT to worry.
We are just seeing the beginning of troubles,it will get worse.
I maintain a positive outlook by knowing the end results and
the fact they will be short lived.
For secular minded individuals...many things you posted would
help in the short run.Turn off the TV,listen to some good music,
go on a nature hike(be careful in national parks)*

* I have been listening to stories of disappearances in the parks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join