It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mossberg Becomes Second Firearms Company To Cut Off Dick's

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
You have a user name of bignutz and you are calling
US out! Lol Let us all bow down to your greatness then for dropping by and setting uz kids straight!

Seriously though.....whats to debate? The market has spoken. And if you actuay googled any news on it....you would see that it isnt just guns tanking the stock prices.

ply to: BigNutz

edit on 12-5-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

Speaking of NRA.... My husband and I are avid gun owners. I own a Walther PPQ 22 and a .38 snub nose and I love them. He owns many others including a 1911 from his grandfathers days in the war and an AR-15.
Today he received a letter from the NRA inviting him to become a member, and while totally pro-gun, I found the letter quite unnerving. Pretty aggressive propaganda/recruiting speak. If I can find it I'll post up a pic.

(ETA they offered him a SWEET duffel bag just for joining!)
Meh. Can't pull me in with free gun totes when we already own a few.
edit on 5/12/2018 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

I never said anything to the contrary. The second amendment exists solely for potential revolution. Agreed. Like I said before, I don't believe in gun control of any kind, however, I do not support the NRA and their fear mongering tactics used to sell firearms and ammunition for manufacturers.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Done with the Jokes

"Field & Stream" the magazine was founded in 1895.

In 2012, Dick's Sporting Goods started using Field & Stream as its in house label, never commenting on the fact that there's absolutely no connection to the magazine.

Most of Dick's business is team sports gear for youth. It looks like they were attempting to spin off their hunting & fishing operation as a separate entity. Their first Field n Stream retail outlets were in old Dick's stores that had been closed and the Dick's unit moved to a local mall. The spinoff does not seem to have worked.

(Dick's) field & stream took a major hit to their new business when they declared the would not sell any AR-platform or modern sporting rifles. The majority of long gun sales in the US are now modern sporting rifles, so (Dick's) field n stream voluntarily took themselves out of the bulk of their potential market.

In the days since this thread has started, Springfield arms also announced they wouldn't sell to Dick's. Same with hi point. The only majors left are Remington and colt.

I hypothesize that this whole episode since 2012 has been a corporate plan by Dick's ownership to stop selling guns. That guns are only 10% of their business, but have prevented them from getting sites in malls and anti-gun jurisdictions. They've been loud about it, as a way of announcing to liberals, for free, that it's safe to shop at Dick's.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Related Story:

Hard Times for Dick's as Second Amendment Supporters Respond to Company’s Anti-Gun Bent

www.nraila.org...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join