It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rights-Free Zone. . . The New Safe Space

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: XAnarchistX

I have the same approach to this as the bakers not wanting to bake a cake for a gay couple, the couple should have found a new baker, in this case don't rent a home from this company.

You don't have a right to cake, you do have a 2nd amendment right.

How does not being allowed to possess, store, or carry a firearm in a private development infringe on the right to keep and bear arms?

Just spit-ballin' here, but the inability to keep and bear arms might be an infringement on the right to keep and bear arms.

You can keep an bear them all you want, just not on said property.

Black people can go where they want, just not to my apartment complex.

A person can choose to enter an agreement in a renters contract wherein they abide by rules set forth by the property owners an managers. Owning and possessing a gun is a choice, though yes you’re entitled to do so as enumerated by the bill of rights, it doesn’t say anything about where and when. You can keep your guns elsewhere.
You can’t check your race at the door.
edit on 5/10/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Exactly paying to rent.

You do not own the property. You have to abide by the rules set forth by the owner.

Property owners can't revoke your inalienable rights in your residence.

Your residence. Their property.

Yes, where they can't infringe on your rights. Is it legal to say I refuse to rent to black people? Their property right ....

You're equating human rights with gun rights? Which are not infringed on. Have all the guns you want. Just don't keep them on their property.

Gun rights ARE human rights.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hey did you know yes you can?

No. You can't. I was in the army and worked in my unit's armory for a time. Even my unit's battery commander had to put his personal handgun in the armory.
edit on 10-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

A renter contract can be signed and still not legal or binding. Your rights are inalienable.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

A renter contract can be signed and still not legal or binding. Your rights are inalienable.

And since this property owner isn’t kicking people out for owning guns they keep off his property, he hasn’t infringed on anything.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

FIREARMS, FIREWORKS
If you live in Columbus Family Housing, you may store your firearms at home.
www.mybaseguide.com...

You have to register it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Well the Air Force is different then. I was in the Army.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

We will see when this gets challenged.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

No, it's the same for the army, here is another random base I looked at.

"Personnel residing in family housing (other than the temporary lodging facilities) may store their registered weapons in their quarters.
www.pendleton.marines.mil...

So we don't have to get into how military bases aren't a proper comparison.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

We will see when this gets challenged.

We certainly will.
But since this is New Jersey, it’ll likely go the property owners way until it goes all the way to the Supreme Court.

Aside: I’m of the personal opinion that if you don’t like this rule you can rent somewhere else or overthrow your landlord. Pronouncements like this one paint a target on the complex.
edit on 5/10/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I know what I saw while in the armory, but regardless you are ignoring the part where you can't keep firearms in the barracks.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Think again:

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms and was adopted on December 15, 1791, as part of the first ten amendments contained in the Bill of Rights.[1][2][3][4] The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the right belongs to individuals,[5][6] while also ruling that the right is not unlimited and does not prohibit all regulation of either firearms or similar devices.[7] State and local governments are limited to the same extent as the federal government from infringing this right, per the incorporation of the Bill of Rights.

en.wikipedia.org...

It says nothing about private entities.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

What base out of curiosity? How much in rent are they paying for permanent residence in those barracks?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I was stationed at Fort Sill, OK. We don't pay rent in the military when living on post. If you don't live on post housing or in the barracks you get a monthly housing allowance to pay for rent/mortgage. I can't tell you how much that is as it depends on local costs of living in the area; plus I was a single soldier and lived in the barracks my full 3 years in the Army.
edit on 10-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

We don't pay rent in the military when living on post.
I know, that was my point. Here is the fort Sill regulations from their website.

Military personnel and their family members residing in family quarters, who own or possess firearms, will store items in their residences.
sill-www.army.mil...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Again. You ignore the point about not being able to keep weapons in the barracks.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

No, I don't. What rent is paid for those barracks?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It would seem that they actually can.

Now certain states do not allow for this through statute.

However TN does let a landlord prohibit firearms.

Tennessee: A private landlord can prohibit tenants, including those who hold handgun carry permits, from possessing firearms within a leased premises. Such a prohibition may be imposed through a clause in the lease. Tennessee Statute § 39-17-1307(b).

And many other states are silent on the issue. The assumption there is that it's allowed as long as explicitly spelled out in the lease agreement.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Interesting how people can cherry pick ways to interpret the constitution when it needs to fit their agenda

Amendment XIV
Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Is denying a cake depriving a person of property? Liberty?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So.....what if instead of a single development block, this was say an entirely privately owned town or city that implemented this citywide then used private police officers, not paid by any taxes, the enforce this law by entering the home you live in, that the private city owns, and confiscates your guns or evicts you from the city?

My question is how many private towns and cities are there in America? Seems like a pretty good way to come get your guns. How many people will choose their guns if it comes down to having a place to live or a gun?

Everyone seems to think only the government can limit your rights and freedoms and don't seem to care when a company or corporation does it....if a company or corporation has as.much power as a government they're just as bad....if not worse....because they are accountable to no one. They don't have to give you your basic human rights, they don't have to give the slightest #. Personally that scares me more than the government. With the government you have some recourse...with a private company you have none...a company is not an individual. This 'private' property is owned by a development company. Companies should not have the rights of individuals.
edit on 10/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join