It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rights-Free Zone. . . The New Safe Space

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

A housing developer with multiple properties in New Jersey is warning that tenants who possess, store, or carry firearms on their developments will face a “notice to vacate.”
The developer, RPM Development Group, issued a notice of the policy to all residents and that notice was acquired and published by the New Jersey Second Amendment Society.
Breitbart News spoke with RPM General Counsel David Steinberg, who confirmed that the policy says, “No one will be permitted to store, or carry a gun or rifle, or any other type of firearm of any kind in the building, or on the grounds.”

iotwreport.com...

I want to buy an apartment complex and force everyone to say nice things about my shoes because they are wonderful and often shiny.

Oh well, just another day in Merka.

Oh, they don't want to take your guns. . . . really.

Trust them.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How is this any different than the NRA saying you can't bring guns to the Mike Pence speech?

Or how a Nazi HOA can make a zillion crazy demands?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Nazi HOA?

Was that like the Hitler Youth?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Sounds like a housing discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen.

Good luck in all their endeavors. Isn't free speech marvelous?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

How is this any different than the NRA saying you can't bring guns to the Mike Pence speech?

One, the secret service dictated it for Pence's safety, two, how many people live at a Pence rally?

That is actually a good point. . . .

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Try to get a gun into a function with the President or vice president speaking and you could get into trouble anywhere. There is such a thing as rules about these things. You cannot take a gun on an airplane. You can argue that the airplane is privately owned, that is true. The NRA was just clarifying a long standing rule, no guns around the president of the USA and if one is seen in the crowd, that person will be shot immediately.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That'll set a nasty precedence.

Oy!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Agree with you on the HOA noise. That stuff is outlandishly bad.

BUT... the NRA didn't "ban guns" at the Pence speech, federal code did. It is federal law that any event attended by someone under Secret Service protection must be held as a gun free zone. No, I don't agree with it and I find it to be a violation of rights, but it had nothing to do with the NRA aside from the NRA being the group that invited Pence to speak.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
All these folks who think the NRA banned guns from the POTOS/VPOTUS speeches are being hoodwinked by the Parkland shooting extremists...er, “victim Hogg” AND the gun grabbers on the left.

It has been standing policy for decades guns, explosives, etc., do not get near our POTUS /VPOTUS unless carried by Secret Service and a few select others. Even Obama had that protection.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
so the proprietor has a caveat for using and renting his facilities...
but he's not denying anyone the right to own a firearm...

The mudpit on ats has the solution to a non problem.

discuss..

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So.....
You don't rent an apartment from this...... guy, and send a message.

But I am sure, plenty of Hollywood types will.
After all. Their armed security won't "officially" live there.

Send a message with your actions people. It would be nice to see this complex sit empty. Costing him money.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

So this landlord can deny people their Constitutional right, but bakers have to bake cakes?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Were I to be of a criminal persuasion, I'm guessing this would be a ripe place to do some dirty 'business.'

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Will this property owner have enough commitment to his ideals to place a big sign on the front of the building claiming it as a gun free zone? Will he be brave enough to openly advertise that the tenants in his building are not armed with guns and you cannot be shot trying to rob these places?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Well the owner didn't say harsh language won't be used.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Will this property owner have enough commitment to his ideals to place a big sign on the front of the building claiming it as a gun free zone? Will he be brave enough to openly advertise that the tenants in his building are not armed with guns and you cannot be shot trying to rob these places?

Come to think of it, I wonder if the property owner also lives in a gun free home too. That would be an interesting thing to also make public.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Now THAT is an excellent point!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
DP
edit on 5/9/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I saw this article, and passed it up. It's just part of the saturation campaign; gearing towards outcome X. There's a whole host of companies that dictate what you can, or cannot do in your off time; just think drug test.

The real link between what's going on in business, and even housing, is that it's all being taken over by Wall Street. Mom, and pop companies in mass were rolled up in the 90's; while the 2008 'downturn' brought a flood of foreclosures to the market; then bought up by Wall Street/hedge funds/et el, and are now actively rented out.

They aren't approving large housing developments any longer in many areas; instead moving to the massive ghetto apartment model. Often times these agenda 21 apartments, are being built in neighborhoods to make them 'more inclusive'. Between not building homes, bringing in rapefugees, building apartments, and Wall Street being the new slumlord of homes, it doesn't bode well.

The apartments are where they're putting up the transitory rapefugees, usually 100% on the government dole. Anyone with a brain doesn't want lodging geared at temporary residents; it's really not good for any neighborhood.

So let's think about this for a second, to start a business any longer, you're put through bureaucratic hell with all the compliance; the larger conglomerates, can cheaply comply with the bureaucracy they themselves help set up, because they've got capital, and volume. Likewise, with homes, the prices are shooting up, because supply is waning; while Wall Street owns a ton of the foreclosures, and is building these ghetto apartments.

It's all turning into the company store lifestyle, told what to do at work, told what to do at home. It's only going to get worse; the proof in that, is where we came from.

Long term, I think they'll implement the Beijing model, where your social media will dictate ease of movement, or restrict it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

It's all turning into the company store lifestyle, told what to do at work, told what to do at home. It's only going to get worse; the proof in that, is where we came from.

I despise corporate culture. I've had a few jobs, through temp services no less, that exposed me to such control. Work long hours on crappy shifts six days a week, follow strict rules at work, encouraged to buy food and drink from the company cafeteria, encouraged to participate in corporate programs outside of work, basically trying to control every aspect of your life on and off the job. I'd never wear any of their hats or shirts if they were given out for free.

I work to live, not live to work. Screw them and their corporate culture worship and control. They can keep their life time puppet-worker/slaves, that's not for me at all. Go in, do the job and then come home to live my real life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join