It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular shampoos linked to nerve damage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
They probably injected this into a poor animal's brain or something. I doubt it is really harmful in normal use.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Soap And Cruelty

Originally posted by Chakotay
Take 1 teaspoon of any shampoo. Place in a trigger spray bottle. Fill with water. Shake. Spray once (stream, not mist) on any handy pesky wasp or roach. It will die within 60 seconds.

Dish soap is cheaper and works just as well -- and leaves less residue.

I use it to kill flies in the summertime. They gather on the window screens and a few spritzes does the job. The suds apparently break down the oils on their exoskeletons, clog their respiratory orifices and cause them to asphyxiate (or perhaps drown).

As for the source article, it bases its claim on research conducted on rats.

However, cosmetic products that are tested on animals cannot be labeled "cruelty free".

So companies just, in effect, test them on their customers instead.

Because that's not "cruel".

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarab
So it seems like a scare tactic more than anything.

The article did not mention how much exposure is required for a person to actually be effected. Anything on the market that contains any kind of chemical is probably not good for you, but how much of it actaully harms you is different.

That is because it is not an instant effect. The chemicals can cumulate in your organs and bodily tissues for years, and suddenly you have cancer, MS or some other disorder. How many of us have had realitives that have cancer or any other disease while living a realatively healthy lifestyle? There are so many toxins in the environment we live in (even the air we breath). Many people try to educate the public but are labeled a "granola muncher" or a "tree hugger". Sad that more people wouldn't be concerned with the crap we put into our bodies (or ON it in this case).

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
dgtempe says:

"EVER FEEL SO MUCH HATRED ON A THREAD ABOUT SHAMPOO?????"

This isn't "hatred", Dgtempe; but if you post something without checking it out and it turns out to be bogus, you are going to get a bunch of people telling you as much in no uncertain terms.

Now I understand that you were just, in effect, cutting and pasting an article you read somewhere, but I'd like to think that, on a place like this we "ignorance deniers" owe it to the rest of our colleagues to actually review an article to at least see if it passes the "boolsht" test.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I avoid such issues completely by using all natural and organic shampoos and conditioners....

No sodium laurel/th sulfates or other damaging and harsh cleaners are used in them, and the ingredients list reads more like something from a menu rather than a periodic table chart

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well now I know not to put shampoo on my brain.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There are much "worse" chemicals in a everyday life...... ( it is in every schampoo as well)

The chemical I'm talking about is colorless and tastless substance that causes thousands of deaths annually. It also causes severe hydration and frequent urination, may cause sweating and vomiting, and in its gasous state, can cause severe burns. Accidental inhalation even in a small dose can kill you!

The chemical has been found in tumor cells of terminal cancer patiens. it is a major component of acid rain and contributes grately to soil erosion.

If you think it sounds pretty bad ... then consider this: You will find the chemical almost in everything you eat. It is dihydrogen monoxide.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join