It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump threatens to 'take away media's credentials' over negative news stories about him

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So then, you acknowledge that:

A. Trump didn't "kill" it, and it just 'expired' on it's own, despite CNN's characterization of this wholly differently, and...

B. If Trump did anything at all to it, he helped it stay alive (or minimally allowed it to)?

So, 'evil Trump' didn't do anything even remotely close to what CNN suggested. And CNN is credible news again, why???

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok. You are right. You have a straw man argument erected, with "the right" and what "they" say playing the lead role.

Meanwhile ignore that the white house press are not there by right. And removing them has zero effect on their free speech.

There is no basis for your argument. Which was what i said the first time you used it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No he hasn't, and hopefully he will be unable to do so. I just don't even like the 'idea' of it.....that he would like to keep them out of the WH.

You know, this country doesn't belong to Donald Trump. It belongs to all of us, and we need to keep it that way.
Untangle your knickers.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So, once again, a great big fat deflection.

This is my surprised face...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
DP
edit on 5/10/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Somebody is a grouchy pants this morning.

Gotta run.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Meh. Back to my real argument I made against you. Removing these press credentials will open up floodgates of think pieces declaring that Trump, and by extension, his supporters don't support the 1st. In other words, don't expect the press to take this laying down. Revoking even just CNN's press credentials will be a VERY bad publicity stunt on Trump's part.

Plus I see it as a yet another example of Trump making his accountability opaque as hell.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Your post doesn't address mine. If you are propaganda you aren't news. News outlets need protections, propaganda outlets need exposing and shutting down as they are the enemy of a free America.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Of course it doesn't address your post, because your point wasn't very good. That's why I sarcastically dismissed it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So then, you acknowledge that:

A. Trump didn't "kill" it, and it just 'expired' on it's own, despite CNN's characterization of this wholly differently, and...

B. If Trump did anything at all to it, he helped it stay alive (or minimally allowed it to)?

So, 'evil Trump' didn't do anything even remotely close to what CNN suggested. And CNN is credible news again, why???

I'm not sure what your point is, sir.

The sun, for example, rises "on it's own".

People like Paul Ryan let Chip expire. But states were able to use other money to fill in the four month gap, so no harm was really done. They corrected a problem that might have caused them problems in the upcoming elections, so whatever their motivation, good on them.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Meh. Back to my real argument I made against you. Removing these press credentials will open up floodgates of think pieces declaring that Trump, and by extension, his supporters don't support the 1st.

I have no doubt it will do precisely this...with all the low-information syncopate democrats, no doubt whatsoever.

In other words, don't expect the press to take this laying down.

Again, I have no doubt of this either. In the public eye they will have a field day with it. However, behind closed doors it won't be that way, no, it will be a serious wake-up call to editorial staff that in order to remain relevant (i.e. generate ADVERTISING revenue...which is the only thing which motivates them) they might need to cool their jets a little.

Revoking even just CNN's press credentials will be a VERY bad publicity stunt on Trump's part.

Maybe, but maybe not.

Plus I see it as a yet another example of Trump making his accountability opaque as hell.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. However, remember this; if you're a member of the Beverly Hills Country Club and you regularly decide to take a dump on the 18th tee box, you're probably not going to be a member of the Beverly Hills Country Club very much longer! And, in reality, this is what's going on here; has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I have no doubt it will do precisely this...with all the low-information syncopate democrats, no doubt whatsoever.

LOL! You say this like the right isn't guilty of the same.

BTW, Liberals outnumber conservatives in the country. So bad exposure on the left hits more ears than bad exposure on the right.
edit on 10-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Hence my point, Trump had nothing to do with it...CONTRARY to CNN's allegations.

Further to the point of CNN just fabricating stuff out of thin air.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Do you think that media reports what is true? Or what will draw views? Their motivation tells me all i need to know about the support ill give them.

Im unsure why i should care what they say. Especially when it cant be supported with truth.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Lemmings jump off cliffs in great numbers too.

Doesn't mean it's smart or the right thing to do.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Do you think that media reports what is true? Or what will draw views? Their motivation tells me all i need to know about the support ill give them.

Depends on the article being written. Articles reporting the facts of the matter generally tend to be true as written. CNN and Fox News included. Opinion and analysis articles (which tend to be marked as such) will stretch the truth with the author's biases, but given they are opinions the idea of them being fake news is watering down the definition of the term. Calling them fake news would be equivalent to calling a post on ATS fake news.

Im unsure why i should care what they say. Especially when it cant be supported with truth.

Because staying informed requires you to be informed of all angles of an argument. Even the ones you don't like or make you uncomfortable.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Lemmings jump off cliffs in great numbers too.

Doesn't mean it's smart or the right thing to do.

Lol. That's wrong and ironically fake news. Lemming Suicide Myth

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Yes that's the resort of one who has no argument.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Because staying informed requires you to be informed of all angles of an argument. Even the ones you don't like or make you uncomfortable.

Or even if it's true or will be retracted.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If that is the card you are going to play, then play it. I don't care. Your point was dumb. Registering as press is just a means of targeting press outlets you don't approve of to silence and you know it. It's not like you were clamoring for this change when Fox News was pushing birtherism against Obama or anything, but because CNN says a bunch of # about Trump that may or may not be factually questionable all of sudden we need these checks. PUHLEAZE! Trump is super transparent with his words here, and so are you with this. I'd be more apt to believe you if you guys would call out your own propaganda outlets as often as you call out CNN.
edit on 10-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join