It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump threatens to 'take away media's credentials' over negative news stories about him

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You need to prove citizenship to use the 2nd. You need to prove you're an actual news outlet not political propaganda. I'm ok with that.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Trump just hates the 1st Amendment.

Citation needed.

The press has not right to the privilege of white house access. Can you explain how this would violate the 1st amendment?

Sigh. "privilege". I thought they worked for us. At least I used to think that. So, now it's a "privilege" to exercise the first amendment when it pertains to our government?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
You know, people, there's a really big difference between the media reporting something critical of a president based on facts, versus certain media outlets (yeah, CNN, you!) outright LYING and FABRICATING a large percentage of their hit pieces under the guise of a free press.

Big difference!

Why allow CNN access...when they just make up whatever they want anyway??? I mean, it's not like they're taking anything material away from these briefings and actually reporting on it.

Let's get real here!
edit on 5/10/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You need to prove citizenship to use the 2nd. You need to prove you're an actual news outlet not political propaganda. I'm ok with that.

Obviously, because there is a HUGE epidemic of the press killing people with its words that requires a 1:1 application of regulations on the amendment. /s

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Citation needed.

The press has not right to the privilege of white house access. Can you explain how this would violate the 1st amendment?

I'm using the same logic that right wing people use whenever a liberal suggests gun reform. Gun reform == hating the 2nd, therefore attacking press credentials == hating the 1st.
it's not the same logic at all. Its closer to kettle logic.

That's the point. Both arguments are ridiculous. But since people want to beat liberals over the head with the "hate the 2nd" nonsense for wanting gun control, then I see it as ok to beat Trump supporters over the head with this argument. Call it what you want, but this argument I am making is a product of the right's own hypocritical arguing.
edit on 10-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

they don't make things up. The narcissism and grandiosity of the incumbent would only have you believe that.

He only wants reports that present him as a god-like perfect creature, much like the way Kim does in NK.

He's neither god-like or perfect, but is so thin-skinned he cannot bear to hear criticism.
He's a sad little, little man.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Okay, let's look at it a different way...

Please do explain how the right to express an opinion translates into a "right" to attend an event???

I have a right to express my opinion about the Beverly Hills Country Club, but it doesn't mean I have a "right" to go there for a round of golf and dinner.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Citation needed.

Sigh. "privilege". I thought they worked for us. At least I used to think that. So, now it's a "privilege" to exercise the first amendment when it pertains to our government?

Please....tell me how they are losing first amendment rights? Are they being silenced?

Based on your argument, true pundit and sorcha faal should sue for their 1st amendment rights being suppressed. They dont have white house access either

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

If they have maliciously, consistently, and knowingly lied about the president, sue them out of business for libel.
CNN boldly acknowledges their agenda; make them an example.

Even though he is a public figure and a higher standard must be met, lying isn't protected speech.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

they don't make things up. The narcissism and grandiosity of the incumbent would only have you believe that.

He only wants reports that present him as a god-like perfect creature, much like the way Kim does in NK.

He's neither god-like or perfect, but is so thin-skinned he cannot bear to hear criticism.

Using hyperbole to support your argument shows how weak of an argument is actually is.

The only thing missing was calling him "literally hitler"

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

You do know there are no federal libel laws right? When Trump declared he wanted to open up libel laws during the election, he demonstrated a lack of legal knowledge on the matter.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Citation needed.

I'm using the same logic that right wing people use whenever a liberal suggests gun reform. Gun reform == hating the 2nd, therefore attacking press credentials == hating the 1st.
it's not the same logic at all. Its closer to kettle logic.

That's the point. Both arguments are ridiculous. But since people want to beat liberals over the head with the "hate the 2nd" nonsense for wanting gun control, then I see it as ok to beat Trump supporters over the head with this argument. Call it what you want, but this argument I am making is a product of the right's own hypocritical arguing.

No it is not. Its the product of your grasping for straws.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

They don't, huh? Alrighty then!!

There's so many examples already here on ATS, but that you're too blinded by zeal to see them is not surprising. However, here's one from just yesterday...

Here

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Using hyperbole to support your argument shows how weak of an argument is actually is.

The only thing missing was calling him "literally hitler"

Nope. It's anything but a weak argument and furthermore it's the thread topic. The little man can't stand criticism and scrutiny, so he longs to do away with anyone who doesn't praise him.

That's not hyperbole. That's obviously FACT.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Opinion isnt fact. You cannot tell others motives without superhuman powers.

Now how about explaining how this violates first amendment rights. And why i cant sue to have white house press access too.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Trump hasn't outlawed CNN, he hasn't "done away" with them, he hasn't stopped them from publishing their clearly biased and inaccurate non-stop editorial drivel. Has he? NO, he hasn't.

What part of that can you not seem to get???

CNN is free to do what they wish.

There's no FACT in your post, only biased speculation.

edit on 5/10/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

LOL! SUUUUURE. Whatever you say man. It's very telling that you can't see the hypocritical parallels between the two arguments.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

LOL! SUUUUURE. Whatever you say man. It's very telling that you can't see the hypocritical parallels between the two arguments.

You cant explain and instead resort to ad homs. Weak.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

They don't, huh? Alrighty then!!

There's so many examples already here on ATS, but that you're too blinded by zeal to see them is not surprising. However, here's one from just yesterday...

Here

Actually, that wasn't a lie, just old news. The Chip program, which funds healthcare for children who are not eligible for Medicaid, was allowed to expire last September. But due to the enormous response from parents writing letters to their Congressmen, with a plethora of objections, it was reinstated in January 2018, for six years.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I already explained it. You just chose to say "Nope that can't be true!" But here I'll repeat myself, I'm making this argument because the right fallaciously and hypocritically says that people who want gun control hate the 2nd. So I'm making a fallacious and hypocritical argument that right wingers supporting Trump's call to remove press credentials from press organizations that report unflattering things about him as hating the 1st. It's really that simple. Clearly such accusations don't sit well with you, but like I said I'm only doing this because the right uses stupid reasoning like this on us. Maybe police your own a bit better next time you see a gun control thread and call out people fallaciously saying we hate the 2nd just because we support gun control a bit better? This whole argument is an exercise in trying to get people to see the terribleness of extreme hyperbolic sniping and you are clearly failing to see that by regressing into your partisan defense.

PS: Pointing this out about you isn't an ad hom.
edit on 10-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join