It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump threatens to 'take away media's credentials' over negative news stories about him

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dragonridr

You mean this?

"If media is operating basically as a talk radio format, then that's one thing, and if it's operating as a news outlet, then that's another," Mr. Obama said.

I agree. Fox and Friends is not news, nor is The View.

No Obama tried to remove Fox from press pool read the article has nothing to do with fox and friends.

Obama wasnt popular as Trump, even with 90% of the press behind him.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Anyone pay attention to Drudge?

“I fear the future result of Trump’s crusade on ‘fake news’ will be licensing of all reporters,” he wrote. “[Dems already floated this in the senate pre-Trump.] The mop up on this issue is going to be excruciating…"

www.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dragonridr

You mean this?

"If media is operating basically as a talk radio format, then that's one thing, and if it's operating as a news outlet, then that's another," Mr. Obama said.

I agree. Fox and Friends is not news, nor is The View.

No Obama tried to remove Fox from press pool read the article has nothing to do with fox and friends.

Obama wasnt popular as Trump, even with 90% of the press behind him.

How Trump compares with past presidents

Not true, but he has caught up to Jimmy Carter in popularity.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Wrong poll.

Obviously.

Wait....

Fake polls.

Obviously.

edit on 5/10/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erich94
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I fail to understand how poising the question to take away press credentials from places that are constantly spewing fake news *cough* CNN and about 85% of the stories they have ran since 2016 *cough* could be a bad thing. All of these media sources have lost and are losing their integrity.

I've watched Fox News and analyzed their stories and they are total fabricated crap much of the time. Why not take away their credentials next time there is a Democrat president? I think that's an amazing idea, personally.

If ATS had any type of credentials, maybe we could strip it of them, too. After all, there is seriously no doubt that fake news lands here. Should the ATS domain be shut down? Maybe lose its business license? ATS criticizes Hillary, after all, so that must be "fake news" because it doesn't agree with my views.

Other than that, there are honest-to-God fake news stories on ATS all the time. Yet everyone here loves it and doesn't want to shut it down.

It isn't about fake news, or the people wanting CNN shut down would want ATS shut down. Therefore, people here must really want CNN shut down because its views are different than theirs. That's a bad place to go.
edit on 10amThu, 10 May 2018 05:01:26 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

This theme of FOX being in Trump's corner continues to make me chuckle (laugh actually). FOX is only slightly right of CNN in reality. The only reason they might appear (to some) to be in Trump's corner is because they were NOT in Clinton's corner. Otherwise, FOX is just another great example of a corporate media outlet supporting the "establishment" status quo.

If I were Trump, I'd yank CNN's creds, and immediately after that I'd yank FOX's too! (2nd on the yanking list).

THAT...is the message which needs to be sent here, not some partisan blather like in the OP.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

He should not only remove their credentials he should go after them and the owners of the businesses for acts of domestic terrorisim for by proxy going above and beyond journalism into the realm of fake-news....they spew out things they know cannot be removed from peoples minds and they do it to break Americas esprit de corps...if I were Trump I would pick the biggest one and figuratively cut its head off....and anyone who tries to ride to the rescue is immediately remediated as well....and so on and so on.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Dont be obtuse. ATS is a member generated content site. No one is paid to post by TAN.

TAN doesnt create news. It discusses it. There are no creds. Nothing to yank. Google already games the ad system against ATS and other similar sites.

More on topic is the fact that no media outlet has a right to white house access. Its a privilege. Which can be lost.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Fake news is fake.

It’s obvious for anyone who has been paying attention, which it’s clear you haven’t.

People have quit listening to the little mockingbirds singing anymore.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

So, let me get this perfectly straight.

Fox News has existed for quite some time, and in that time has been notorious for delivering heavily spun, or outright factually incorrect news, opinion pieces based on incorrect information, and indeed total fabrications based on the political bias of its editors, owners, and anchorpersons, pundits, talking heads and commentators.

It was spewing out rhetorical deceits all the way through the Bush and Obama administrations, and no one in those administrations even HINTED at a tightening of controls over the media. Not a single soul. This despite the organisation having spent years pushing illegal wars in support of the Bush government, this despite the organisation having spent eight entire years trying to undermine Obama's presidency, with, again, everything from stories spun so heavily that they departed entirely from any relevance to reality whatsoever, to total fabrications which had no basis in reality to begin with. And yet none of those individuals responsible for the constant hit pieces, lies, fabrications and inventions in question, were ever prevented from operating as members of the news media.

And yet, here we are in a situation where the media is doing what it is supposed to do, by holding feet to fires and not letting the finer feelings of people prevent them from doing so, and what happens? The right wing government wants to silence the parts of the media which do not bow before it?

A message to people who agree with this crap:

Bloody disgusting hypocrites, all of you punks who have been yelling about your rights under Obama, with your white supremacist sticks up your idiot butts. You have all been spending years telling people about rights, the constitution and its meaning in the modern world, and then you come on board with THIS crap? You should be ashamed of yourselves, and you would be, were you intellectually capable of it.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Trump just hates the 1st Amendment.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Citation needed.

The press has not right to the privilege of white house access. Can you explain how this would violate the 1st amendment?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: luthier

The press has no right to white house access.

Trump believes that the press is publishing skewed news and hit pieces on him. Many of his supporters do as well. Many who really don't support him do as well. Its not like its a fringe that sees the news as biased and hell bent on taking down the president.

He has a right to take action and disallow what he may believe are seditionists access to the white house.

True, but you can't honestly say that would actually lessen the amount of negative coverage against him do you? If he did that, I can see that opening the flood gates to TONS and TONS of think pieces about him sabotaging the 1st.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Citation needed.

The press has not right to the privilege of white house access. Can you explain how this would violate the 1st amendment?

I'm using the same logic that right wing people use whenever a liberal suggests gun reform. Gun reform == hating the 2nd, therefore attacking press credentials == hating the 1st.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Oh no it's not a threa against the first amendment Texan, no way! Just Whitehouse favoritism and promotion of pro-government news outlets. That's what this really is. You understand the GOP controls congress and this Administration is Republican right? It's literally the government throwing around weight to scare free media into being more favorable to their agenda. He's basically making threats to media outlets not supportive of his agenda.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is likely more of his blithering idiocy and won't happen, but I was thinking about other countries that censor their media. Not very good role models are they? and yet.. it's in his head and he would like to. He thinks that would be "okay".

He could develop a bromance with Kimmy, like the one he has with Vladimir (as one-sided as that might be). He's got a Dictator Jones. lol.
Of course, those guys just have their adversaries murdered if they should appear a threat to their dictatorship.

Didn't he mention a few months ago it would be nice if the U.S. had a President that was life-long?
Oh my. What selfish ambitions he has, my dear.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

... A message to people who agree with this crap:

Bloody disgusting hypocrites, all of you punks who have been yelling about your rights under Obama, with your white supremacist sticks up your idiot butts. You have all been spending years telling people about rights, the constitution and its meaning in the modern world, and then you come on board with THIS crap? You should be ashamed of yourselves, and you would be, were you intellectually capable of it.

The ale sits a lot better if you don't eat a bunch of fried food first on an empty stomach.

Failing that, you get a sour stomach and a bad case of Occular Rectitis (you know, when the nerves in your eyes get crossed with the nerves in your ass, giving you a generally S#y outlook on life).

edit on 5/10/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Citation needed.

I'm using the same logic that right wing people use whenever a liberal suggests gun reform. Gun reform == hating the 2nd, therefore attacking press credentials == hating the 1st.
it's not the same logic at all. Its closer to kettle logic.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Actually not what he said. He said over fake news. Media has a duty to be impartial and accurate. If they aren't then they aren't news.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Provide me a constitutional argument to consider....not hand waving partisan cliches.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join