It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump threatens to 'take away media's credentials' over negative news stories about him

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Trump says he loves the chaos. Haters in the Media will be sick or dead before reaching Trumps age.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You mean this?

"If media is operating basically as a talk radio format, then that's one thing, and if it's operating as a news outlet, then that's another," Mr. Obama said.

I agree. Fox and Friends is not news, nor is The View.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump says he loves the chaos.
He has no choice. It follows him everywhere.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Trump says he loves the chaos.
He has no choice. It follows him everywhere.

Had to star that one is so true.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You mean this?

"If media is operating basically as a talk radio format, then that's one thing, and if it's operating as a news outlet, then that's another," Mr. Obama said.

No Obama tried to remove Fox from press pool read the article has nothing to do with fox and friends.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Some journalists should face sedition charges and lose individual credentials. CNN stands out among some that should lose their broadcasting license in the USA.

What?

No.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

You mean this?

No Obama tried to remove Fox from press pool read the article has nothing to do with fox and friends.

The Obama administration also considered Fox News the opposition party, the propaganda wing of the GOP.

“We’re going to treat them the way we would treat an opponent,” Anita Dunn, the White House communications director, said in an interview with The New York Times. “As they are undertaking a war against Barack Obama and the White House, we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave.”

Source

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

What credentials can he remove? Can he take away a journalist's college or job? The only power he has is to remove them from white house briefings and reality is he has every right to do so. It's his briefings and he can decide who he wants there. I no way does this effect the press and Obama attempted the same thing banning fox from white house briefings and removed fox from mlm the press pool. It wasn't until other networks said they would drop coverage that Obama changed his mind.

None of these whining Muppets cared when the Mocha Messiah did this exact thing to Fox. I bet these same Muppets cheered and validated it.

Pathetic.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I did read the article. Do you mean this?

And on Thursday, the Treasury Department tried to exclude FOX News from pool coverage of interviews with a key official. It backed down after strong protests from the press.
Treasury Department interview. Not White House. But yeah, they relented.

Reporting on the story has been sketchy thus far, with Fox News being the only network to report it so far. In their report, they also fail to make it clear that it was the Treasury Department, not the White House, who was responsible for setting up the interviews.

www.mediaite.com...

edit on 5/9/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: tadaman

Some journalists should face sedition charges and lose individual credentials. CNN stands out among some that should lose their broadcasting license in the USA.

What?

No.

As citizens we have the freedom of speech as does our so called MSM. However, when the MSM becomes the mechanism to promote ending the 2nd and the 1st (hate speech) why should they have the freedom to take down our liberty and freedom? I get what your trying to say, but propaganda is propaganda and to not call them out for it and disband them is an affront to our Constitution. Look at how we allowed our Colleges to use the 1st to brain wash our youth and turn them into Cultural Marxists against their own country.

I expect my government to tell me the truth, as I do the news. Yep pipe dream I know, but why not hold them accountable for their lies? Isn't it the lies our own elected officials have promoted as truths thru the MSM the reason we are where we are?

I love many of your posts but sorry, can't agree with you on this one.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Trump hates the media for the wrong reasons.

He won’t criticize the media when it hides the truth in Syria, Libya and over the Iraq war lies

But only because it for a change tells the truth about him and belittles him. Or won’t praise him for his lies, distortions, and deceptions.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
Honesty, some of you conservatives are so stupid it's beyond logic.

Calling people stupid while being too dumb to spell check isn't a good look there mate.

What a buffoon.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You mean this?

But CNN is? Have they updated their hard hitting report in how many scoops of ice cream Trump eats? CNN is a bigger joke than Infowars.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No, please, disagree all you wish. I'll be sure not to sic the authorities on you.

It isn't because of propaganda that "cultural marxism" (I find that word dubious) flourishes in universities, or anti-Trumpism is considered right-think in certain classes of discussion. It is because dissent from those views has been largely marginalized, dehumanized, and even censored. It is because the unorthodox isn't given a fair hearing by the orthodox. By criminalizing "sedition", you'd be going down the exact same road as them, and worse, flouting the principles of liberty while doing so.

Criminalizing certain forms of speech leads to its flourishing. For example, people are free to deny the holocaust in the US. There are plenty of books written on the subject, even by professors. Except no one cares. In Europe on the other hand, where holocaust denial is sometimes illegal, one little book on holocaust denial get massive press, and in those countries openly fascist parties are on the rise.

edit on 9-5-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Isn't it the lies our own elected officials have promoted as truths thru the MSM the reason we are where we are?

There is hearing and then there is believing. Censorship isn't the fix. False statements need to be shown to be false, whether it is a journalist or the president.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
With domestic propaganda being legal again I would consider it as well, until such time that the law is reversed.

But of course you see a problem with it, because the MSM confirms your bias.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
When Trump shuts down the MSM, the internet will soon follow like in China.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It was because he wasn't a progressive. He wasn't Hillary.

Pretty weak basis for backing someone so zealously to be honest.

Fact is the media has made Trump and his supporters out to be constant victims and targets which has people doubling down on him more and more every passing day. That's why Trump has turned into a cult of personality, because his supporters see he (Trump) and themselves as victims constantly under attack.

The media is almost solely responsible for Trump's base. Ask any one of his most fervent supporters what a big reason for their support is and I guarantee you most if not all will list the media's treatment of him as one of their main reasons. You don't think the media is aware of that? You don't think they were aware that their constant bombardment against him was only drawing in more supporters under his wing? They were looking at the same results we were, it wasn't until they started their constant attack on him that he got any real support worthy of winning. They absolutely knew and they still know, that's why they throw baseless and silly accusations at him daily, because they know their constant attack on him is only driving his supporters deeper and deeper into their devotion of him and radicalizing them against a certain segment of the population ("liberals").

Those are the facts in my opinion. Trump is nothing more than a psyop being used to divide America further and further every day, on either side. Either you absolutely love him or you absolutely hate him, there is no in-between for most people and that is what is tearing us apart. They don't care whether you love him or hate him, they only care that you lie on one of the two extremes.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i dont remember the constitution saying anything about the press getting guaranteed credentials. the press can report from a distance just like independent media does.....

maybe they will start getting more stories right like independent media does

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoEpic
Trump is making America great again! I just wish all the media got behind him and gave him support and credit for all he has achieved.
It will take a lot of work to undo all the crap Obama did!

Is this sarcasm or have you suffered a traumatic head injury? Trump lied once every 83 seconds while talking about the Iran deal. He has lied continuously throughout his presidency and yet trump supporters are oblivious to the facts. He is an embarrassment to the American people. I hate Hilary too so don't even try the standard trumpster response. I hope you wake up to the facts someday. By then it will be too late. The man is literally talking about taking away the first amendment and you are saying he is making America great. Is this real life? Wtf???

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join