It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump threatens to 'take away media's credentials' over negative news stories about him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
😎Democrats falling hard for this one !😎

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Amazing that the people treating this query by POTUS as if it were a draconian writ of law and of the devil are the same individuals who openly express the clueless statement that "Obama faced more media criticism than any president ever." Dance puppets, dance! At the end of the number there will undoubtedly be an encore.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
He is the one everybody loves to hate and at the same time craving to be loved.
There's a lot of conflict potential for sure.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It's not like the MSM just attacks anything Trump without researching.

New York Times slams AWOL Pompeo, then learns he was rescuing Americans

www.foxnews.com...

No NYT was fine to slam him on that, a major announcement like pulling out of the Iran deal should have had at least a written statement by the CIA Director... I mean Sec. of State.

β€œThe absence of Mr. Pompeo and other top State Department officials left perplexed European diplomats privately complaining that they were having trouble getting answers from Washington,” Harris wrote.

So ya maybe Trump should have moved his Iran announcement a day or two as we are not even at the deadline yet and then he could have had a new cycle where the release was the big news of the day but NOPE. Trump would have to actually think to figure that out.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: luthier

The press has no right to white house access.

Trump believes that the press is publishing skewed news and hit pieces on him. Many of his supporters do as well. Many who really don't support him do as well. Its not like its a fringe that sees the news as biased and hell bent on taking down the president.

He has a right to take action and disallow what he may believe are seditionists access to the white house.

Sure and he has a right to be called rediculous and a snowflake with thin skin.

I think it's pathetic and shows weak character and I wouldn't watch CNN if you paid me

Shows weak character? To not enable people who have publicly claimed you are their enemy? What kind of bizarro world is this?

Where I come from, being decisive against people who admit their goal is to take you down is what is known as "strong" and "admirable". Those are the folks that people tend to gravitate towards to keep them from being bullied. Its no wonder Trumps popularity is surging. At this point, im likely to be a voter in 2020 (assuming no poisoned water passes underneath the bridge before then).

People's right to call him names is not being discussed. There is no attack on the first amendment. The press has no right to white house access, unless you can show me where this right is granted or guaranteed.

Remember when lack of press conferences was a big deal during the campaign? Now look where we are... Its like projection 100%.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Honesty, some of you conservatives are so stupid it's beyond logic.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

Honestly has an 'l' in it.

edit on 9-5-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Cnn Acosta dangled his credentials to wolf blister and dared Trump to take them away.

The govt can and should bring hell on Earth to cnn corporate.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

But he does engage the public via Twitter.

For better or worse, its still a fact.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Cnn Acosta dangled his credentials to wolf blister and dared Trump to take them away.

The govt can and should bring hell on Earth to cnn corporate.

CNN works for the CIA! I saw FOX news have the whole farce of this Gina chic all day and the whole time I was like, WTF? Dismantle the whole CIA along with the IRS and if the FBI don't get their snip together dump their asses too!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: amazing

No press should be censured or have credentials taken away. If you are liberal or conservative you should agree with that. We have to have free speech and free press and we have to have some press that disagrees with the status quo. We had that with Obama, with Bush, with Clinton etc. We need it now with Trump and with the next president.

How the Obama administration laid the groundwork for Trump’s coming crackdown on the press

Yeah but that wasn't a banning conservative news sources from his press conferences.

He did but the press Corp sided with fox and Obama backed down. But he tried to claim fox was not a news organization and did not deserve white house access.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ultimately the people decide where to get news if a news organization loses its audience they won't remain in business. So ultimately it's the people who decide what is news and what reporters inform us.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Seems as if I spell like our dumb as president. cofefe πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ ˜€πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your right Obama was loved by MSM however this isn't any different then Bush. The Media went after him as well but Bush didnt send stupid tweets to feed the trolls. Most of Trumps media problems are self inflicted. He is loose with facts when he know he shouldn't be. And he regularly changes the narratives he tells the public. Bottom line is he exaggerates everything trying to convince us it's the best or the biggest.
edit on 5/9/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

But he tried to claim fox was not a news organization and did not deserve white house access.
Can you provide a quote to that effect?

link   

originally posted by: hoss53

Seems as if I spell like our dumb as president. cofefe πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ ˜€πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜―πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

It's covfefe. (and I assume you intended to call him dumb ass not say he's "dumb as president," which would just be a very odd attempt at an insult.

edit on 9-5-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

link   

Glad to see you admit he is your President!

It takes baby steps, but you are progressing!

link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Some journalists should face sedition charges and lose individual credentials. CNN stands out among some that should lose their broadcasting license in the USA.

edit on 5 9 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dragonridr

But he tried to claim fox was not a news organization and did not deserve white house access.
Can you provide a quote to that effect?

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

On twitter, Trump doesn't answer the tough questions that good reporters ask.
edit on 9-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join