It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump threatens to 'take away media's credentials' over negative news stories about him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: luthier

The press has no right to white house access.

Trump believes that the press is publishing skewed news and hit pieces on him. Many of his supporters do as well. Many who really don't support him do as well. Its not like its a fringe that sees the news as biased and hell bent on taking down the president.

He has a right to take action and disallow what he may believe are seditionists access to the white house.

Sure and he has a right to be called rediculous and a snowflake with thin skin.

I think it's pathetic and shows weak character and I wouldn't watch CNN if you paid me

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That is an interpretation.

It's also Bulverism

Which, ironically enough, seems to be what the Press has done.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
There are people who are First Amendment supporters as long as what is said is what they want to hear. Otherwise, take it away.

So you support him allowing news that only says good things about him?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That is an interpretation.

It's also Bulverism

Which, ironically enough, seems to be what the Press has done.

It's the going rate. It is also the key methodology of anti-trump dinner theatre.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoEpic
Trump is making America great again! I just wish all the media got behind him and gave him support and credit for all he has achieved.
It will take a lot of work to undo all the crap Obama did!

LOL Undo what crap? America is doing great. I'm doing great. LOL Obama didn't do anything bad. Even Obamacare was 50/50 half were negatively effected and half were positively effected. What needs to be undone?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
No press should be censured or have credentials taken away. If you are liberal or conservative you should agree with that. We have to have free speech and free press and we have to have some press that disagrees with the status quo. We had that with Obama, with Bush, with Clinton etc. We need it now with Trump and with the next president.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The press has no right to white house access.

Trump believes that the press is publishing skewed news and hit pieces on him. Many of his supporters do as well. Many who really don't support him do as well. Its not like its a fringe that sees the news as biased and hell bent on taking down the president.

He has a right to take action and disallow what he may believe are seditionists access to the white house.

Sure and he has a right to be called rediculous and a snowflake with thin skin.

I think it's pathetic and shows weak character and I wouldn't watch CNN if you paid me

Shows weak character? To not enable people who have publicly claimed you are their enemy? What kind of bizarro world is this?

Where I come from, being decisive against people who admit their goal is to take you down is what is known as "strong" and "admirable". Those are the folks that people tend to gravitate towards to keep them from being bullied. Its no wonder Trumps popularity is surging. At this point, im likely to be a voter in 2020 (assuming no poisoned water passes underneath the bridge before then).

People's right to call him names is not being discussed. There is no attack on the first amendment. The press has no right to white house access, unless you can show me where this right is granted or guaranteed.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

There are people who are First Amendment supporters as long as what is said is what they want to hear. Otherwise, take it away.

So are you completely going dishonest now? Come on man...i expect better than this.

Trump doesn't get to allow news. WHat he can do is choose to not allow news organizations who have proclaimed themselves as his enemy into the white house.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Allowing only access by people who will say what is wanted to be said becomes infomercial, not press reporting.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So are you completely going dishonest now? Come on man...i expect better than this.

Trump doesn't get to allow news. WHat he can do is choose to not allow news organizations who have proclaimed themselves as his enemy into the white house.

I see the difference with what you're saying, I still think this is wrong though. It would have been like Obama banning Fox News. It would have been really wrong.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

If you say so. Every other president hasn't cried about it.

Bush was absolutely hammered..

It's part of the deal. Always has been.

I know people think this is different but it's not. The guy is his own worst enemy and provides ample fodder for critics.

He even has people brainwashed his own cabinet appointments are the fault of Democrats.

Scary times.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

No press should be censured or have credentials taken away. If you are liberal or conservative you should agree with that. We have to have free speech and free press and we have to have some press that disagrees with the status quo. We had that with Obama, with Bush, with Clinton etc. We need it now with Trump and with the next president.

How the Obama administration laid the groundwork for Trump’s coming crackdown on the press

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Uh he is exploring law suits as well....

But I am.sure it's perfectly fine. Erdogan is a hero in his country.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

How the Obama administration laid the groundwork for Trump’s coming crackdown on the press

Yeah but that wasn't a banning conservative news sources from his press conferences.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I see the difference with what you're saying, I still think this is wrong though. It would have been like Obama banning Fox News. It would have been really wrong.

Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

That's right. So it's perectly good news. See he is just like Obama.

Clinton and his lawyer have similar donors. Business as usual.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yeah but that wasn't a banning conservative news sources from his press conferences.

Obama Boots Reporters From Conservative Papers

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

That's right. So it's perectly good news. See he is just like Obama. Clinton and his lawyer have similar donors. Business as usual.

He isn't just like Obama, because he has done no such thing, despite the speculations of the writer.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Jesus, no it wouldn't. Fox is TERRIBLE.

The only way we get our free press back is if we burn down what passes for press today, and start anew.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Never forgot this article....

Barack Obama and Me

It's not quite eight in the morning and Barack Obama is on the phone screaming at me. He liked the story I wrote about him a couple weeks ago, but not this garbage.

Months earlier, a reporter friend told me she overheard Obama call me an asshole at a political fund-raiser. Now here he is blasting me from hundreds of miles away for a story that just went online but hasn't yet hit local newsstands.

It's the first time I ever heard him yell, and I'm trembling as I set down the phone. I sit frozen at my desk for several minutes, stunned.

Obama didn't have any tolerance for bad press and it was rare that anyone would give him any.

(Also, I love your new profile pic, LM. *be still my heart*)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join