It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump threatens to 'take away media's credentials' over negative news stories about him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
He is clearly king after all. The media needs to pony up right?

Donald Trump has suggested he could “take away credentials” of media organisations over negative stories about him.

“The Fake News is working overtime.” the US president tweeted. ”Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake).

“Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials?”

Ironically he likely got this idea from a segment aired on Fox News of all places:

The billionaire appeared to be responding to a segment on his favourite cable news show, Fox & Friends, which aired figures collated by Media Research Center (MRC), a right-wing media watchdog.

Source

Fox News. The news that stood front and center when Bush declared 'mission accomplished' in 2003.

Putting aside that this is yet another outlandish statement made by Trump that his supporters would much prefer to skip over (and discuss positive twitter posts about him instead) how will he go about taking away these credentials? What process or structure will he put in place to make these sweeping government decisions to silence the media? Is he going to have a panel of appointed officials dictate laws to the media? Is he going to have government media monitors? What's the indicators of fake news? What rules will he put in place? How much tax money will he throw at this? The idea is out of this world and if this was Obama saying this I bet this forum would be splitting heads right now with thread content on this. But it's Trump, and we just take what he says with a grain of salt. No consequences to his comments that threaten the sanctity of Democracy and Freedom.

Another day I guess. Move along.
edit on 9-5-2018 by Southern Guardian because: source

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Trump is making America great again! I just wish all the media got behind him and gave him support and credit for all he has achieved.
It will take a lot of work to undo all the crap Obama did!

+22 more 
posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I fail to understand how poising the question to take away press credentials from places that are constantly spewing fake news *cough* CNN and about 85% of the stories they have ran since 2016 *cough* could be a bad thing. All of these media sources have lost and are losing their integrity. Blaring unverified claims against Trump and his administration from "anonymous sources" only to then have to redact their claims shortly after because they found out they weren't credible.

These News/Media companies should be held to a standard, they literally deliver "News" to the entire population of the United States. If they are delivering incredulous information to the populace in an attempt to further a political divide and to hide the truth, they deserve what ever punishment awaits them.

It's a corrupt system. Free speech is one thing. Freedom of the press is another. But blatantly lying and attempting to damage and corrupt the political climate of the US while misinforming millions of people because their old hag lost the election deserves to be met with discipline.

The amount of damage that these media outlets have caused to the american people is pretty great. They have succeeded in getting everyone at each others necks.

+17 more 
posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

“Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt?"

He's like, right though.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Trump should be thanking the media, they almost single-handedly gave him the presidency and his base of supporters. If the media didn't rail against him constantly then his supporters would have no basis for calling him an outsider.

+3 more 
posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Why not? The Corporate run media doesn't seem to have a problem with attacking the alternative media!

I didn't see you all riled up when the alternative media was under attack and losing their freedom of speech. Hell after watching some of these press conferences at the WH and some the DUMBEST question being asked, If I was Trump I would be bringing in some Alternative media people who aren't paid by Corporations and start replacing some of these Corporate shills!

Just look at this idiot proving herself too ignorant to be called a journalist. I'm sorry but I this college educated idiot asks the most stupid questions imaginable and yet CNN still pays her? Give a damn educated 9th grader a chance, I am sure regardless of their maturity level they could do better.

edit on 9-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Operation Mockingbird has been used by the elite class to literally brainwash the masses into absurdity supporting presidents (democratic/republican) while the wage nonstop wars of aggression, think about Noam Chomsky's work in Manufacturing Consent.

This same media complex is being used to demonize a president that is dismantling the deep state (elite class) rulers from behind the scenes and you act as though he is attacking freedom., the monopolization of the MSM is blatant and needs to be broken up. Brainwashing the masses has happened all throughout history, any thinking individual can see the level of absurdity being "socially engineered" throughout every single aspect of the media complex.

Trump team are going after the swamp that has cultivated the conditions that plague all of American society, the swamp that oppresses the very masses they have indoctrinated into loving them and defending them (Hillary Supporters)

Malcom X was absolutely correct...

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531pmWednesday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

This is the kind of action that would happen and does happen in Putin's Russia.

Or any other dictatorship for that matter.

+4 more 
posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

there, there.

*pats hand*

If it'll make you feel any better, maybe Trump should just cordon off the media like with a rope or something.

edit on 9-5-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What a #ing snowflake

+6 more 
posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump should be thanking the media, they almost single-handedly gave him the presidency and his base of supporters. If the media didn't rail against him constantly then his supporters would have no basis for calling him an outsider.

Actually, liberal progressives gave him the presidency... the media being a mere organ of the DNC didn't help.

Enough normal people thought it was time to put the brakes on liberal insanity is why he is there now.

So in a roundabout way you are right... but not in the way you thought.

People started getting tired of the hypocrisy of the party of love and tolerance only loving and tolerating themselves and the rest of us should shut up, get in the back of the bus and die.

It wasn't about him being a political outsider, or even someone anyone could personally like.

It was because he wasn't a progressive. He wasn't Hillary.

You know, the one person actually REALLY responsible for a Trump presidency.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wouldn’t it be funny to see Trumps reaction if the media decided to boycott him? No news stories, nothing about him on TV, nothing.

He’d probably give up the presidency in a week.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Didn't take too long for Putin to be mentioned! When the topic had nothing to do with Putin. Keep it up though, because us thinkers pay attention!

edit on 9-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The media wanted a fight and they got one. Sounds like Trump is about to take the gloves off. Maybe if the media didn’t dog us as people just for exercising our right to vote for Trump we’d give them more credit.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
The media wanted a fight and they got one. Sounds like Trump is about to take the gloves off. Maybe if the media didn’t dog us as people just for exercising our right to vote for Trump we’d give them more credit.

I agree with you first part, but the media was weaponized awhile ago to initiate social changes and work for the government/Multinationals. Hell, it was Obama who made it legal for them to do so.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Once Trump ceases his disinformation activities, he might be able to make this suggestion without looking foolish.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ah so now he's openly admitting that fake news, by his definition, is any negative press about him. Nothing to see here folks! Not totalitarian at all!

Let's get back to deflecting from all this Cohen + trump + bribery nothingburger! Hillary, anyone?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: alldaylong

Didn't take too long for Putin to be mentioned! When the topic had nothing to do with Putin. Keep it up though, because us thinkers pay attention!

Putin was only one example. You could choose any past or present dictator. They are all the same.

When Governments start to interfere with the freedom of the press or media, you are on the slippery slope to censorship.

Buyer beware.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I agree with you first part, but the media was weaponized awhile ago to initiate social changes and work for the government/Multinationals. Hell, it was Obama who made it legal for them to do so.

You’re probably right. I never was to much into politics or the media until Obama’s policies made me care.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It was actually the Republican congress with the telecom act but go ahead and make stuff up.
edit on 9-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join