It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - The Cliff Notes On Cliffs Notes - Gone But Not Forgotten

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
I don't think the Mandela Effect is a phenomena of "changing timelines", nor is it really just a case of poor memory. What it REALLY is, is a spotlight into people's minds who are soooo narcissistic that they think the universe has reformed itself around them, rather than admit that their memories are fallible.
ok but then why do we pronounce "chick" as if it was spelled "chic"? Makes no sense at all

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I hear you, but I'm still confused on your stance.

Could you give an example of a Mandela Effect that:

1. You are experiencing.
2. You know was one way - but now is different.
3. You are unable to explain in conventional ways?

In the past, I've had a very hard time understanding your posts - so I'm trying to fix that for when you respond in future posts.

It's ok if you don't want to give an example - I'm just trying to understand.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Of course i want to give examples

There are three main ones.

TV show "Sex and the city" used to be "Sex in the city" A woman i once lived with loved the show, and i found the show repulsive. The opening theme, the women, the drama, i always went to other room or left the house. So there is an emotional part in this memory.

Queen song "We are the champions" now missing "of the woooooooorld" from the end. I am an ice hockey freak. Heard this one many times, emotional bond again.

The Sun used to be yellow, now it is white. But the photosynthesis still seem to work so it is ok.

These were very disturbing changes when i noticed them, but now i don't care too much. Changes seem to be mostly in pop culture, like a song lyric or something. In the end, it really does not matter that much.

With that being said, sure, i would like an explanation to Mandela effect. I don't know what it is, but i know "Faulty memory" is not (always) the case.

One more bonus ME case: in Moonraker (Bond movie) the blonde girl had dental braces. And now the dental braces are gone. I mean, it was the whole point in the scene where this girl was with Jaws. They smiled at each other, both with metal in the mouth. I found that romantic and nice. Now the whole scene is next to pointless.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Thank you, I understand now!

I'm the same as you except the sun - I don't think I noticed before so no way for me to compare.

I have a strong memory on moonraker, I remember the scene well - the braces made a strong impression on me.

Her boobs are bigger now (or show more).. ..they sorta stand out, and are frankly nice to look at. Pretty sure that would of made an impression on me too..

..then I wouldn't of noticed the braces. lol just being real about it..

Nice. I get to end my ATS day in a happy place - thanks man!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Nice. I get to end my ATS day in a happy place - thanks man!

Thank you, man!

It is quite refreshing to talk about Mandela effect like we just did. And not getting responses like "Feeling like a little snowflake, eh?" "So you can't admit memory can be faulty?"

My memory fails me often. But there are things you just know by gut. If i had the choice, i would have never experienced any of this crap. It almost messed up my head totally but now i am slowly recovering. I was very close to walking into a hospital, telling them to lock me up somewhere padded and throw there some food, water and cigarettes every now and then, and absolutely no newspapers, tv or internet.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

It is nice, and nice to know I'm not the only one.

I keep thinking if we can talk, we may be able to get somewhere - a deeper understanding..

You would think a "forum" would be conducive to good communication..

It should be - that's why we gotta keep on trying.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinspiracyBut there are things you just know by gut.

No, there aren't. I know people who swear lyrics were one thing when they weren't, and they were 100% sure they knew it in their gut .. and yet they were wrong, and their version didn't even make sense, but hey their gut can't be wrong.

This isn't even a case of faulty memory though, they were called Cliff Notes (despite the books saying Cliffs Notes) by everyone, so yes, you are correct that is what they were called, it just was never what they were named.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think he's talking about when you see or hear a thing, and you know something's not right - it's hard to describe.

Nope - myself and a whole lot of other folks remember the cover saying Cliff Notes.

It never has, and that's the weird thing.

I'm guessing you never owned them?

I'm curious, why do you post in these threads?

Wait - haven't you already expressed that people just called them Cliff Notes, despite the brand two or three times already in this thread?

Why? Isn't that a waist of your time?

edit on 29-5-2018 by Pearj because: nobody doesn't like Sara Lee

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I have a new ME for you, it's no longer waist, the word is now waste.

As to why I am here, it's because while I don't care if people want to believe in silly things, I think they should be honest and not claim it can't be faulty memory .. because ... gut feelings. It's a religious belief with you, so I have zero interest in attempting to change your mind, but let's at least keep things honest.

ETA: I never owned them because I actually read all the books, but they were everywhere in high school, almost everyone had them.
edit on 29-5-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
As to why I am here, it's because while I don't care if people want to believe in silly things, I think they should be honest and not claim it can't be faulty memory .. because ... gut feelings. It's a religious belief with you, so I have zero interest in attempting to change your mind, but let's at least keep things honest.

So you are calling me out for lying now?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join