It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohen Solicited Foreign Pharma Giant Promising Access, Received $100k Per Month

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: GuidedKill

Yeah, a couple of small transfers seem to be to another Michael Cohen. Does that make the confirmed payments incorrect?

It sure doesn't help him or his documents credibility does it??

Well not unless you're with her then it's the "smoking gun" right?

So what you're saying is "blah blah blah, I don't care if Cohen/Trump raped women or stole a billion dollars or sold the country to Russia or whatever, Hillary did something bad once and that's all that matters to me, MAGA!"

Got it.

I'm saying show me proof of the rape, theft and sale of the country....Because the person you mentioned Clintons) have been connected with evidence of everything you just listed.

So show me the proof or stop crying about it being her turn.

You first. At this rate, its far more likely Mueller is going to make you eat crow than you are going to be able to dredge up anything non InfoWars related....

HAHAHA he said info wars!!!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Pretty standard fare for the lying left.

What am I lying about, liar? Please share.

Promise kept on Iran deal

Wasn't a promise I was eager to see filled. If he promised to punch your mom in the face and did, would you be touting that?

Dem lead gone in November election polling

Don't let a poll or two (I mean fake poll! Fake poll! Fake news! Polls are lies! Fake news polls lie! Trump! Trump!) get your hopes about another country's government up too much.

biggest monthly budget surplus of all time

Good, hopefully it will offset the largest Treasury borrowing since the Bush admin for January-March.

hostages released from NK

That's actually great news and kudos to the Trump admin for that. Hopefully this isn't another in a series of false starts (like the one under Clinton that fell apart as soon as Bush came to office).

lowest unemployment rate in a generation

Which we were already on our way to when Trump took office. Except under Obama it was "fake numbers" yadda yadda. Unemployment has fallen .9% since Trump took office.

Look at that graph and tell me how Obama was destroying the economy when he came into the largest economic downturn since the Great Depression, which peaked with unemployment of 10% and left office giving Trump an economy with 4.8% unemployment? See the difference there? Under Obama the economy actually turned around drastically and wingnuts not only gave him no credit but claimed that it wasn't happening.

During the election, Donald Trump said that the 5% unemployment was really 20% — what does that make the real unemployment numbers under lying Donald?

food stamps enrolment down by 1.3m in just two months

SNAP enrollment has been on the decline as unemployment has declined. Also, in 2016, a bunch of states reimplemented the work requirements that they been waiving (again, because employment was going up). SNAP enrollment dropped between by over 6 million from the start of 2013 to the 2016 as well. Good news, hard to attribute to anything Trump did in particular.

African American community questioning why they vote Democrat

Who speaks for the AA community? You or Kanye?

Trump supporters winning GOP primaries

Were the expected to lose? Did Trump make the difference? What's the argument here? Trump has a high approval rating with Republicans.

All of that is completely and utterly irrelevant to the topic of this thread. Corruption is fine if the economy is good? Hi, have you seen the economy under Bill Clinton? Guess nothing that a Clinton or their people did matters because Clinton happened to be President during the long boom.

As a side note, presidents understandably get a boost when the economy is doing well (among those who are in abject denial like Trump supporters during Obama's second term) but the reality is that the factors most impacting the economy are often completely beyond the control of the President and where a good economy gives, a bad economy taketh away even more.

If something causes the economy to falter (and it will eventually, you get that right?) like oh I dunno, a failure to negotiated a new Iran deal causing sanctions on Iranian oil to drive up the price of crude — it won't be good.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What are you lying about?
A definition of lying : "something intended or serving to convey a false impression"
You are guilty - just read the text on the two images in the OP.
Liar.

Tearing up the Iran deal was an election promise.
Fulfilled. Whether you like it or not.

Dems losing lead in Congressionals... getting my hopes up?
No. I leave that to Democrats as they go through their laundry list of imagined crimes to overturn an election result.

Biggest monthly budget surplus of all time
Yes. It is good.

Hostages released
Indeed. As I said the good news just keeps on flowing.

lowest unemployment rate in ageneration
I didn't mention Obama, I just made the correct point that it's great news for Trump.
I can see it's a fact that doesn't sit well with you, though..

African American Community.
They speak for themselves

Trump supporters winning GOP primaries
Even when the favourite, winning is still good.

You've made a lot of conclusions in your thread and subsequent posts, with no basis for them. Like I said, I find the timing to be interesting.

edit on 9/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So again, I am fine with an investigation here.

My question is what crime is being suggested that may have been committed?

Surely that is a prequisite for an investigation

As I said in the OP, it's not known what crimes the FBI is investigating Cohen for. I have no idea if it relates directly to any of this. 2-3 weeks ago, the assumption was that it has something to do with FEC violations in the payoff of the hush money. It seemed overly presumptive to me to assume that and now it looks even less plausible.

I'm not sticking my neck out and guessing what they're investigating.

To me, pay for play seems to imply a company gave Cohen something, and then got access to trump for their money.

I'm no expert but I think that it would require some sort of deliberate involvement by Trump. I'm not even sure it's illegal except if it's considered unregistered lobbying on Cohen's part.

Is there proof these groups that paid cohen got access to trump?

There's some suggestion that has been made (I'm not making it) about this:

Novartis, Bayer CEOs get time with Trump as he meets with EU business leaders during Davos trip

Before President Donald Trump made headlines with his speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos on Friday, the president and his advisers met behind-the-scenes with European business leaders, including two pharma executives, to try and gin up more U.S. investment.

The president took a dinner with Novartis' CEO-to-be Vas Narasimhan, Bayer CEO Werner Baumann and other executives to "share our economic success story and to encourage them to continue to invest in America," National Economic Council director Gary Cohn told reporters at a White House briefing ahead of the trip.

"The attendees run companies that have sizable footprints in the United States," Cohn said. "They have invested in our economy, and we want them to continue to do so and encourage others to join them."

I dunno though, it seems thin. Trump met with a lot of business leaders at the same thing and Novartis's incoming CEO isn't out of place in that situation.

AT&T was paying Cohen for "insights" at a time when they're battling for government approval of a $85 billion takeover of Time Warner. The optics on that aren't great either.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I dont understand where Cohen got this info from

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

A definition of lying : "something intended or serving to convey a false impression" You are guilty - just read the text on the two images in the OP. Liar.

Lmao. Okay, in that case, LIAR, not only are YOU a LIAR but a hypocrite.

Fulfilled.

Super.

getting my hopes up? No. I leave that to Democrats as they go through their laundry list of imagined crimes to overturn an election result.

Why would they want to "overturn an election result?" Speaking of which, have you ever heard of the Brooks Brothers Riot? It's even got a Trump connection.

Hundreds of paid GOP operatives descended upon South Florida to protest the state's recounts,[1] with at least half a dozen of the demonstrators at Miami-Dade paid by George W. Bush's recount committee.[2] Several of these protesters were identified as Republican staffers and a number later went on to jobs in the Bush administration.[3]

Head of the pack was Trump's boy, the lifelong "dirty trickster," Roger Stone.

You've made a lot of conclusions in your thread and subsequent posts, with no basis for them. Like I said, I find the timing to be interesting.

Call me crazy but if I walk in to a room where there's a dead person on the floor with a thousand knife wounds and another person drenched in blood and holding a bloody knife, I'm going to assume that the deceased wasn't killed by rabid unicorns.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Tell me more about the dead person, blood and rabid unicorns. It's already sounding more believable than your usual threads...
edit on 9/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
An update from Stat (a health news site produced by the Boston Globe):

Trump’s lawyer pitched himself as a fixer to Novartis and got paid $1.2 million

The curious relationship between one of the world’s biggest drug makers and President Trump’s personal lawyer began early last year when Michael Cohen, a longtime fixer for the president, reached out to Novartis’s then-chief executive officer Joe Jimenez, promising help gaining access to Trump and influential officials in the new administration, according to an employee inside Novartis familiar with the matter.

Jimenez took the call and then instructed his team to reach a deal with Cohen. A one-year contract worth $1.2 million was signed with Cohen in February 2017. The company’s hope was that Cohen could help it navigate a bevy of uncertain issues facing the drug maker — from potential changes to the Affordable Care Act and tax reform to navigating reimbursement challenges for medicines.

“He reached out to us,” the Novartis employee said, providing STAT with the company’s version of events as it scrambles to contain the fallout from being entangled in the investigations surrounding Trump and his inner circle, including Cohen. “With a new administration coming in, basically, all the traditional contacts disappeared and they were all new players. We were trying to find an inroad into the administration. Cohen promised access to not just Trump, but also the circle around him. It was almost as if we were hiring him as a lobbyist.”

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

While it's not known exactly what crimes the FBI is currently investigating Cohen for, the bombshell dropped by Stormy Daniel's attorney sure appears to have blasted open a gaping hole exposing an influence peddling scheme launched by Michael Cohen shortly after his boss won the election.

This is all still developing but I'll focus specifically on what's come out from Novartis through a series of official statements to the press and from sources within the company. The Avenatti document detailed four payments made to Michael Cohen's Essential Consulting in one account. Those were four monthly payments of $99,980 — $20 short of $100k — made in late 2017 and early 2018. However, it has come to light that Novartis had a year-long contract with Cohen to pay him $100k a month that began the month after the inauguration and lasting into February of 2018.

Stormy lawyer: Transactions suggest Cohen was 'selling access' to Trump

"In February 2017, shortly after the election of President Trump, Novartis entered into a one-year agreement with Essential Consultants. With the recent change in administration, Novartis believed that Michael Cohen could advise the company as to how the Trump administration might approach certain U.S. healthcare policy matters, including the Affordable Care Act," the company said in a statement.

"The agreement was for a term of one year, and paid Essential Consultants 100,000 USD per month. In March 2017, Novartis had its first meeting with Michael Cohen under this agreement. Following this initial meeting, Novartis determined that Michael Cohen and Essential Consultants would be unable to provide the services that Novartis had anticipated related to U.S. healthcare policy matters and the decision was taken not to engage further.

"As the contract unfortunately could only be terminated for cause, payments continued to be made until the contract expired by its own terms in February 2018."

You read that right folks — $100k dollars a month. To do what? According to Novartis, it was to give them insight into how Trump might approach the ACA and other healthcare related issues. G-T-F-O! While they don't come right out and confirm the total, a little deduction and some simple math tells us that Cohen likely received $1.2 million for a single meeting. Eat your heart out Bill Clinton's Moscow speech — you ain't got nuttin' on an hour with the highly influential Michael Dean Cohen.

If it wasn't abundantly clear already, a source from Novartis told NBC that Michael Clinton Cohen couldn't wait to blow up the phones of various entities trying to cash in biggly on President Dennison's election victory.

The senior Novartis official told NBC News that Cohen made the first move.

"He contacted us after the new administration was in place," the official said. "He was promising access to the new administration."

No wonder in the run up to the election, he was using his own money to pay off women Trump had cheated on Melania with. Michael Cohen was just investing in the opportunity for himself and the other greedy little Trump swamp piggies looking to line up at the trough to gorge their banks accounts on money made selling access to the easily influenced Trump. Hell, he probably got the idea from Paul Manafort working for free with plans for selling access to the Russians. Or maybe it's just a case of sleaze thinking alike.

[/quot
You would have to be an idiot to think tRump New nothing about this. He is the scum of the earth.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The reality of what seems to have happened here:

- Avenatti released information gained through illegal means regarding a private citizen of our nation (until we know where it came from, its only reasonable to assume it was obtained illegally, or via some illegal action)
- Avenatti made claims about people who are wholly unrelated to President Trump, exposing their financial records while exposing those of Trumps attorney
- Avenatti obstructed the case agains Michael Cohen
- Avenatti has potentially slandered more than 1 Michael Cohen

This all seems to make the rest of his claims, true or not, only meaningful as gossip. He has an active case currently, and has chosen to make his case in public. Does this seem like the action of a rational person in complete control of his faculties, as well as the case he is representing? Does it seem like this action is in the best interest of Stormy Daniels? Who is actually paying this guy, anyway?

Now we know some of what Mueller knows. Bully for us. It certainly doesn't do much for my opinion of Avenatti.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So far, all I get out of this story is that Cohen was trying to make a buck off of Trumps name or his association with Trump.

If they can prove that Trump had prior knowledge of this, or some type of agreement with Cohen to receive part of the proceeds, then they will have something.

Until that happens, it only looks like Cohen is in trouble to me.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

You would have to be an idiot to think tRump New nothing about this. He is the scum of the earth.

Well thought out and informative stance.

This is the reasons so many folks that dance around the middle have to defend Trump despite the disdain they may feel. Lacking any credible argument, stance or logic you claim the intellectual superiority. Good luck with that.

See, I too don't think Trump wasn't also privy to at least some of the information of how this shook out. However without facts, it's just an opinion.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
Wow. Didn't Cohen have to take out a home equity loan of $130,000 to pay off Stormy? What happened to all that consulting money?

We only had Cohen claiming he took out a loan. I don't recall any verification of that loan.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Well thought out and informative stance.

This is the reasons so many folks that dance around the middle have to defend Trump despite the disdain they may feel. Lacking any credible argument, stance or logic you claim the intellectual superiority. Good luck with that.

See, I too don't think Trump wasn't also privy to at least some of the information of how this shook out. However without facts, it's just an opinion.

I'm sure you want your children and grandchildren to be just like him. Good example for future generations.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Is that a strawman AND hyperbole in the same sentence?

Get it together man.

If you have an actual stance, argument or logic to point at the thread, please share.

link   

We heavily disagree on a lot.

But I will say I am tired of seeing corporations and the wealthy buying influence.

I am not saying it’s a crime, but I think it’s worth looking in to.

I criticized Hillary for it and obama, and just because I voted for trump doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve criticism for this sort of stuff too

Now I haven’t seen evidence of trump wrong doing yet. But I am open to people looking in to it

link   
Hear that Avennati owes 5 million back taxes. Maybe get a loan from russians?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Hear that Avennati owes 5 million back taxes. Maybe get a loan from russians?

Source?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Too bad it's not the left investigating this. It's the law.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Absolutely right

As ante says, we don’t know even if there is any crime here

But for this lawyer to release this info could very well be a crime, or jeopardize a real investigation into actual crimes

It was a terrible move for publicity and should be admonished

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join