It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohen Solicited Foreign Pharma Giant Promising Access, Received $100k Per Month

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

While it's not known exactly what crimes the FBI is currently investigating Cohen for, the bombshell dropped by Stormy Daniel's attorney sure appears to have blasted open a gaping hole exposing an influence peddling scheme launched by Michael Cohen shortly after his boss won the election.

This is all still developing but I'll focus specifically on what's come out from Novartis through a series of official statements to the press and from sources within the company. The Avenatti document detailed four payments made to Michael Cohen's Essential Consulting in one account. Those were four monthly payments of $99,980 — $20 short of $100k — made in late 2017 and early 2018. However, it has come to light that Novartis had a year-long contract with Cohen to pay him $100k a month that began the month after the inauguration and lasting into February of 2018.

Stormy lawyer: Transactions suggest Cohen was 'selling access' to Trump

"In February 2017, shortly after the election of President Trump, Novartis entered into a one-year agreement with Essential Consultants. With the recent change in administration, Novartis believed that Michael Cohen could advise the company as to how the Trump administration might approach certain U.S. healthcare policy matters, including the Affordable Care Act," the company said in a statement.

"The agreement was for a term of one year, and paid Essential Consultants 100,000 USD per month. In March 2017, Novartis had its first meeting with Michael Cohen under this agreement. Following this initial meeting, Novartis determined that Michael Cohen and Essential Consultants would be unable to provide the services that Novartis had anticipated related to U.S. healthcare policy matters and the decision was taken not to engage further.

"As the contract unfortunately could only be terminated for cause, payments continued to be made until the contract expired by its own terms in February 2018."

You read that right folks — $100k dollars a month. To do what? According to Novartis, it was to give them insight into how Trump might approach the ACA and other healthcare related issues. G-T-F-O! While they don't come right out and confirm the total, a little deduction and some simple math tells us that Cohen likely received $1.2 million for a single meeting. Eat your heart out Bill Clinton's Moscow speech — you ain't got nuttin' on an hour with the highly influential Michael Dean Cohen.

If it wasn't abundantly clear already, a source from Novartis told NBC that Michael Clinton Cohen couldn't wait to blow up the phones of various entities trying to cash in biggly on President Dennison's election victory.

The senior Novartis official told NBC News that Cohen made the first move.

"He contacted us after the new administration was in place," the official said. "He was promising access to the new administration."

No wonder in the run up to the election, he was using his own money to pay off women Trump had cheated on Melania with. Michael Cohen was just investing in the opportunity for himself and the other greedy little Trump swamp piggies looking to line up at the trough to gorge their banks accounts on money made selling access to the easily influenced Trump. Hell, he probably got the idea from Paul Manafort working for free with plans for selling access to the Russians. Or maybe it's just a case of sleaze thinking alike.

edit on 2018-5-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

you mean the bombshell that turned out not to be accurate?

eta I mean the inaccuracy of the aforementioned bombshell has been on the radio all day and hell, its on the news right now as I flipped on the tube.
edit on 9-5-2018 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

100k a month?? He needs to step his game up!!

I've heard of others getting 4 times that just to speak for 45mins to an hour. Cohen needs to maybe take a class from the pros.....

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

No, I think you're referring to the MSNBC reporting about a wiretap which has nothing to do with this (or Avenatti). The information that Avenatti released yesterday has since been confirmed by all parties except Cohen.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

No, I think you're referring to the MSNBC reporting about a wiretap which has nothing to do with this (or Avenatti). The information that Avenatti released yesterday has since been confirmed by all parties except Cohen.

Actually I think he is talking about him accusing the wrong Michael Cohen....

Pretty dumb all the way around if you ask me...And this guy passed the bar?!?!?

www.dailycaller.com

edit on 9-5-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
*waits for the "But....Hillary" of it all*

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Evidently the Pharma company got the shaft, the lawyer must have made some promises to them he could not keep. I am not sure what is going on with that, I do know that Novartis is a global Pharma company and does sell meds here in this country. It is not just a foreign company. They have all kinds of facilities and labs here in America.

I would bet that Novartis also gave money to the Clinton campaign. You can get over the limits by calling something a service. We need to get rid of the loop holes that fuel these campaigns.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Yeah, a couple of small transfers seem to be to another Michael Cohen. Does that make the confirmed payments incorrect?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
*waits for the "But....Hillary" of it all*

Nawwww...

She's is a real pay for play pro. What's a few million to a few hundred million in the grand scheme of things right???

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah, a couple of small transfers seem to be to another Michael Cohen. Does that make the confirmed payments incorrect?

It sure doesn't help him or his documents credibility does it??

Well not unless you're with her then it's the "smoking gun" right?

edit on 9-5-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
To follow up with something from the OP, the transactions from Novartis were $20 short of $100k, which seems suggestive of an effort to avoid some financial reporting or another. I'm not banking regulation or tax expert but a little Googling shows that there are several types of deposits for which there is reporting threshold of $100,000.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

So what you're saying is "blah blah blah, I don't care if Cohen/Trump raped women or stole a billion dollars or sold the country to Russia or whatever, Hillary did something bad once and that's all that matters to me, MAGA!"

Got it.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Not true.

Actually, it is turning out that at least some of the payments were made to different Cohens.

Perhaps the ambulance chaser should verify the leaked material by sources close to the investigation?

Perhaps you should as well, instead of just falling for every bit of information that confirms your bias.

Stuff That Should Matter to You

ATS thread by Network Dude

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Did you not read the OP? The payers have confirmed the payments of hundreds of thousands, millions. You're worried about $5k being incorrectly reported?
edit on 5/9/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: GuidedKill

So what you're saying is "blah blah blah, I don't care if Cohen/Trump raped women or stole a billion dollars or sold the country to Russia or whatever, Hillary did something bad once and that's all that matters to me, MAGA!"

Got it.

I'm saying show me proof of the rape, theft and sale of the country....Because the person you mentioned Clintons) have been connected with evidence of everything you just listed.

So show me the proof or stop crying about it being her turn.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Did you not read the OP? The payers have confirmed the payments of hundreds of thousands, millions. You're worried about $5k being incorrectly reported?

I'm worried about a document that has absolutely no validity other than the opposing sides attorney saying it does being passed off as genuine!!

Worse part is someone who I generally see as an intelligent person taking it hook line and sinker like yourself....

I have document that says the same thing about you....Except a few transactions are completely false but the rest is true....

Wanna see it?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

thanks for getting that in for me, Im excercising

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I'm worried about a document that has absolutely no validity other than the opposing sides attorney saying it does being passed off as genuine!!
The statements from Novartis and AT&T belie your claim.

link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I'm sorry but I missed in the story what Trump did.

link   

Pretty dumb all the way around if you ask me...And this guy passed the bar?!?!?

Yes, Michael Cohen passed the bar exam. Soon he's going to be disbarred so that won't matter.

I hadn't seen it that DC piece but it's really not relevant. All of the major payments, including the ones from Novartis (AT&T, Columbus Nova and that Korean aerospace company) have been confirmed by the payees so other than a useless attempt at distraction, I don't think it really matters that he was wrong with the two tiny transactions totaling $5k out of more than $4 million worth of transactions details.

Here's what you're sadly trying to derail with (from your source):

But there is one problem with the document: two of the allegedly “fraudulent” payments were made to men named Michael Cohen who have no affiliation with Trump.

Avenatti’s report includes a section listing “possible fraudulent and illegal financial transactions” involving Trump’s lawyer. One of the payments is a $4,250 wire transfer from a Malaysian company, Actuarial Partners, to a bank in Toronto.

Doesn't look like $5k bought Novartis more than about 15 seconds of Michael Cohen's time.
edit on 2018-5-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join