It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Was Not America's "Word"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

OK, let's play. If Trump's successor opts to enforce the sanctions, will America's word have been violated? No, of course not because it merely reflects the position of different administrations, same as Trump deciding to enforce established sanctions of Iran where Obama decided not to enforce them and called it a "deal."

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The premise that trust and credibility does not matter in International relations is full on moronic.

I agree, and nobody is saying that. We're saying that the USA is under no obligation to honor any agreements a POTUS makes alone, without the approval of Congress. Obama's credibility is garbage after this bad check. Now, who's to blame for a bad check... the person who wrote it knowing the account lacked the funds or the bank who sends it back for insufficient funds?

The USA has never in it's history had a President that lies virtually every day and to everyone. Big and small.

You realize "history" covers all things past, including 5 minutes ago. Trump is no more dishonest than any other POTUS we've had.

You can slather this pig with lipstick as much as you like, but anyone on the globe with a functioning brain knows Trump is not trustworthy.

Are you done gaslighting?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You make a good point. But at the end of the day it's people who go against law and order that make the biggest changes because some people don't want to give up out dated laws just because it's written doesn't mean people follow it.
Law this and rules that but, you gotta remember America was founded because the people didn't like the law of the land at the time.

I agree 100%, but we're talking about an individual and what he did or didn't like where Obama was concerned, which is the problem.
www.cnn.com...

When Obama overstepped, the majority of America was opposed to the deal and wanted Congress to reject it. "The people" were ignored by the Great Divider.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Your point was the approval by Congress. I presented you with the fact, that the whole point was moot to begin with. And yet you keep insisting that this is something that matters, a lot. That anyone on Ceres actually cares about Congress!

Well. I'm intrigued... who is it that you're talking about?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Considering Mr. Obama, I guess it would be hard to be America's 'word' when you openly admit that you were not born here:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-5-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: editing is fun!!!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I'm talking about the law, without which we are nothing.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Let's assume for arguments sake that you have a valid point here.

If Obama had not gone rogue and had actually followed protocol and laws (granted, not the man's strong suit), then the ...

... next President breaking deals (as well), wouldn't be poised to make things worse. But he did, and he was. Which is why the Wall Streets/ Trumps decision was exceptionally stupid, not just simply the moronic Twitter crap like usual.

The friend who spied on friends, that's Obamas US we're talking about. And with friends like this, who now treat common international treaties like crap, nobody needs other enemies anymore. Pulling out of the Paris Agreement was stupid already, but this is a whole new level of Idiocracy.

Good luck finding someone to sign a contract with a known dealbreaker then, eh?

Have at some common sense then. Word!

The Paris Accord did nothing to fight "Global Warming" all it did was a ponzi scheme to funnel money from the US. It did NOTHING for the US. Also this year the reports of what other countries were supposed to do came out, and guess what they didn't do what they were supposed to do, imagine that - China and others never followed through, but still were screaming that the US didn't pay.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join