It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Was Not America's "Word"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing
Again you are avoiding the point. Trump is following Constitutional law. He only cancelled an illegal agreement. What is to follow will be your final judgement in your eyes. Will he or won't he involve congress. He will but the demoasshats will block him at every turn and some rhino republicans.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
Iran burned American flags in their parliament, while shouting death to America, all the while the Iranian radical hardliners were saying "see, they were lying all the time, you can't trust the Americans" and they were proven right.....Iran actually has the moral high ground....good job trump. another s**t salad served.

JUST.STOP.EMBARRASSING. YOURSELF.

please? It's making me feel very uncomfortable reading your comments. They are so hysterical and crazy sounding.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

It is because there was nothing to actually stop them from pursuing their nuclear ambition, as well as for the US to give them money for nothing but their word, which is not a good deal for anyone.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I'm guessing if Obama's legacy was more than executive fiat (EO's), borderline illegal, and not in the best interest of the US, we would not be having this conversation. I wish more presidents would reverse bad policies of the former administrations, and it doesn't matter what the letter behind their name is, I just want them to follow the rule of law of the Constitution.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'll even go as far to say that I was really hoping Obama would do great for the US, but alas he was only out for himself and the DNC.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
double post

edit on 10-5-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I wonder what Trump diehards can do without resorting to Obama, Hillary, or MSNBC-like liberalism?

Let's hear how trump is going to fix things with in-depth details and long-term plans..

Can any trump supporters defend his actions without blaming the other team?

It seems every trump supporter is falling off the cliff in hopes that trump has a hidden master plan behind his chaos.
edit on 10-5-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Just remember Trump's word isn't either.

And those of us with memories will likely come back and remind you of that when you are pissing and moaning once the 140 character snowflake president is consigned to history and his brand of political insanity gets overturned.

Have a nice day

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Hmm. . Can you cite anything he's enacted as new law, commitment, or policy which wasn't officially ratified by the Senate? It will take either a Democrat controlled Congress to rewrite laws or an Obama clone with rogue tendencies and no respect for procedural codes to achieve what you're talking about.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Don't need to use logic, or reasoned argument.

All I have to do is offer the same sneering contempt towards Trump as you do towards Obama.

Thats political reality these days.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

That's because he obviously does.

North Korea. Case in point.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Double Post

edit on 11-5-2018 by poncho1982 because: DP

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

KAT?

Trump’s executive orders are being turned into hilarious memes

KAT!

Trump refuses to impose new Russia sanctions despite law passed by US Congress over election hacking

Russia? Not Russia again!

So there's that. Just another brick in a wall of ignorance, right? Anyhow. Q-uestion would be, where do we move the goalposts from here?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The premise that trust and credibility does not matter in International relations is full on moronic.

The USA has never in it's history had a President that lies virtually every day and to everyone. Big and small.

You can slather this pig with lipstick as much as you like, but anyone on the globe with a functioning brain knows Trump is not trustworthy.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'm not much of a trump supporter but at least he does what he says he's gonna do. I don't agree with a lot but I can Appreciate that he keeps his word. Unlike Obama who I voted for twice because hes an amazing public speaker. I've never been more disappointed in a politician

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You make a good point. But at the end of the day it's people who go against law and order that make the biggest changes because some people don't want to give up out dated laws just because it's written doesn't mean people follow it.
Law this and rules that but, you gotta remember America was founded because the people didn't like the law of the land at the time.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

All I have to do is offer the same sneering contempt towards Trump as you do towards Obama.

We expect better of you than that though.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
3 massive egos leaders ,Hillary Clinton,President Obama and President Trump.......then you have the massive hypocrisy that went on with Bill Clinton sex scandals and The Hollywood sex scandals...Top it off with 9/11 attacks,2008 financial collaspe with no one being arrested.As well as it seems Obama is impossible to actually know where He stands with Israel,which is why some people think He sides more with Muslims and you got yourself a giant mess.
Then you have the bizarre 360 turn around on homosexual marriage from Obama and Hillary.Then the looney nonsense with transgender crap and homosexual demanding equal rights when they all ready have them,top it off with the crazed feminist movement pretending they do not make a enough money....All signs of greed and selfishness and the endless dribble of crap from all the MSM networks has caused division.....I still do not trust if Obama was born in the U.S. nor do I trust Trump telling the truth on affairs and Hillary Clinton’s garbage lies can speak for themselves.All these people are untouchable.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

That's been political reality for decades. That said, you're still failing to recognize the difference between Constitutional law and policy making and going it alone. Going it alone, in absence of Congressional support, leads to nonbinding "promises" which were made purely by an individual pressing a personal agenda rather than the full faith of the United States. That's the message for our allies here... the US' word is still golden, but a POTUS who fails to follow the protocols and codes of the United States in regard to international agreements doesn't represent America's word in any way.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

People claiming this wasn't a treaty are really stretching the meanings of things. Our laws teach us treaties are to be done with the advice and consent of the Senate with the vote of the Senate. Executive decrees don't extend into treaties

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join