It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Was Not America's "Word"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Trump will not leave Iranian Patriots to die in the streets.

Yeah because he's goingto bomb them himself.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Let's assume for arguments sake that you have a valid point here.

If Obama had not gone rogue and had actually followed protocol and laws (granted, not the man's strong suit), then the ...

... next President breaking deals (as well), wouldn't be poised to make things worse. But he did, and he was. Which is why the Wall Streets/ Trumps decision was exceptionally stupid, not just simply the moronic Twitter crap like usual.

The friend who spied on friends, that's Obamas US we're talking about. And with friends like this, who now treat common international treaties like crap, nobody needs other enemies anymore. Pulling out of the Paris Agreement was stupid already, but this is a whole new level of Idiocracy.

Good luck finding someone to sign a contract with a known dealbreaker then, eh?

Have at some common sense then. Word!

edit on 9-5-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This thread and topic is just one big self resenting guilt trip.

To be a member on this site, "ABOVE TOP SECRET", especially the veterans on here, you should be hip to A LOT of the inner workings and goings on in MANY subjects.

Debating which leader was, is, and will be the worst ever, speaks volumes to just how much most folks are willing to set aside all they know that's REAL and TRUTHFUL, just to engage another member in a completely useless exchange of what...??

If you voted, you disregarded the true political process.

If you had hope, you disregarded the coma you were in for the last 100 years.

If you're left or right, you disregarded the many times you voted, had hope, and were bent over a barrel repeatedly regardless.

First thing to do is to forgive yourself and NEVER DO IT AGAIN, and secondly, stop blaming others for doing exactly what you did as well. That's called deflecting; usually caused by resentments and regret.

Here's a pint for all and a toast.....

"Here's to an end to quasi civic responsibility, may we be a more unified people next time..."

((((((Mic Drop))))))

edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 09 May 2018 22:28:12 -05005pmWednesdayth10pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

The point is America hasn't (recently) violated any properly ratified treaties. If we actually commit, we're committed. That's not what happened here.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: amazing

I think you missed the point. He is not saying trump is the greatest...rather he said that trump is not fouling the "word" of our country because the last jackass didn't bother to follow the law and therefore none of his deals were binding or legit...from a legal standpoint. Maybe other countries should not make deals when the laws of that country preclude a deal from being legal without following proper protocol.

Where you get the idea OP said trump was the greatest idk...I think its more you just wanting to make sure we all know you don't like trump, which I hope made you feel better.

Just because you don't like Obama doesn't mean all of his deals were bad. He was average , like most presidents. Some good, some bad.

No, he sucked.

If he had a son..you'd be it. Yay Dad!

Tell us, what were the good deals?

lol.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Metallicus
Obama was a miserable President who followed another miserable President. Sixteen years of horrible Presidents that almost destroyed America. One can only hope that their legacies will be completely destroyed.

It's probably going to take another 16 years to wash the Trump stink off your country.

Nah, cleansed by fire in WW3.

About 5 seconds.

Thanks Obama.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Metallicus
Obama was a miserable President who followed another miserable President. Sixteen years of horrible Presidents that almost destroyed America. One can only hope that their legacies will be completely destroyed.

well they won't, so you can wipe the spittle off your chin while imagining it...gee, good thing no right-winger here dare bash Russia, that would be soooooooooo anti- Putin, and his butt-boy Trump

Still trying to run with that load of BS, eh?

Speaking of stink, ya got some juice on ya.

Better change your drawers and socks.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unflushable

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think you missed the point. He is not saying trump is the greatest...rather he said that trump is not fouling the "word" of our country because the last jackass didn't bother to follow the law and therefore none of his deals were binding or legit...from a legal standpoint. Maybe other countries should not make deals when the laws of that country preclude a deal from being legal without following proper protocol.

Where you get the idea OP said trump was the greatest idk...I think its more you just wanting to make sure we all know you don't like trump, which I hope made you feel better.

Just because you don't like Obama doesn't mean all of his deals were bad. He was average , like most presidents. Some good, some bad.

Again, that's not the point.

Good deal, bad deal ... either way, it's not a legal deal, so to pull out of it is not reneging on our country's word because the country never gave its word. Obama was the only one who did.

Sure.

The USA has every right to withdraw.

Let them.

I just don't want the USA to expect and force the other country's to withdraw from that treaty as well.

That's up to those other nations. Was it an actual treaty for them, or just more wink-wink-nudge-nudge 'agreements'?

The USA should go it alone if it's so "great"...... well alone with your Isreali friends that will stab you in the back the first chance they get.

Sweet! Left-field anti-semitism to show us how you really feel! Kudos on the honesty!
edit on 9-5-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimmley

It was because they didn't have enough votes to make it pass, but had enough votes to make it stall in the senate. They even stated that the next POTUS would have to make the decision to go forth with it, or discontinue it. They were expecting HC to get elected and then get it passed through her normal political operational style. She didn't and now the current POTUS has decided it had to go.

Okay. I'm still not convinced the deal was bad, but that's an issue for another thread. I base that on China, Russia, UK, France and Germany all in on it. And although I realize that China and Russia don't always have our best interests at heart, they don't want a nuclear Iran or more destabalization in that region.

It's a BS EO and not legal from any point of view.

Congress hasn't backed it with a law.

Kerry should be shot on sight or turned into a lamp.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimmley

It was because they didn't have enough votes to make it pass, but had enough votes to make it stall in the senate. They even stated that the next POTUS would have to make the decision to go forth with it, or discontinue it. They were expecting HC to get elected and then get it passed through her normal political operational style. She didn't and now the current POTUS has decided it had to go.

Okay. I'm still not convinced the deal was bad, but that's an issue for another thread. I base that on China, Russia, UK, France and Germany all in on it. And although I realize that China and Russia don't always have our best interests at heart, they don't want a nuclear Iran or more destabalization in that region.

China and Russia, not the best leadership to judge worthiness.

France and Germany, not impressed by their recent decisions.

The UK is annoying, but we'll see how long they support it.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
Iran burned American flags in their parliament, while shouting death to America, all the while the Iranian radical hardliners were saying "see, they were lying all the time, you can't trust the Americans" and they were proven right.....Iran actually has the moral high ground....good job trump. another s**t salad served.

Seriously?!

Move. I have 1000 bucks to donate.

To no one in particular, when are we gonna start killing these morons?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Can Nobel Prizes be rescinded?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

It was not a binding treaty.

Shall I type it again, more slowly, for you??

The US was not bound by it in any shape fashion or form. As for the burning flags, and death to America. So?

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
There's a new piss and moan in town this morning. It's the "OMG, Trump shows the world that America's promises are meaningless." I've seen it referenced by excitable lads here on ATS, I've seen it spouted by a few excitable idiots on the news, and I've seen it in online commentary pieces such as the following:
www.nytimes.com...
time.com...
www.bostonglobe.com...

The position and posturing aren't logical, they're simply part of the death rattle of the Obama cult's last gasps. I'm starting to realize that while these same asshats cajole Trump's "America First" policies, they have been sitting on a policy of "Obama first." In their mind, Obama was the ultimate representation of America and Americans and his word was the only thing that mattered.

Sorry, brainwashed masses, but there's no legality behind that position and, in fact, the laws of the United States actually were written specifically to ensure that would never happen.

constitutioncenter.org...

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur

It never ceases to amaze me how the US presidents seemingly NEVER know that their job is NOT "to protect the American people", but specifically "to the best of his ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. That's in the presidential oath of office.

There's people in uniform taking care of the rest. At the end of the day they may be too busy protecting the interests of American business to cater much for the people, but I digress.

Obama didn't know his job, and unfortunately, the same thing applies to Trump - he's uttered the same thing about "protecting the people".

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

... As for the burning flags, and death to America. So?

Yep, heh...they've been doing that since the 70's! Nothing new there!

Plus, not to mention, all those flags have a 'Made in China' tag on them anyway.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Name one!

Just one!

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. You're completely missing my point here, man. No POTUS has the legal authority to solo any commitment or promise by the USA, period. It is Unconstitutional and we are seeing what happens when one does so right now. Trump is taking grief over actually following the law. Obama did not have the authority to overrule the Congressionally applied sanctions on Iran, he did so illegally and all Trump has done here is return to legality. He did the exact same thing with DACA and with Paris. How fascinating to see people portray him as the jackass on topics where he is simply following the letter of the law as he swore to do when he took the oath of office.

I've never said Trump is the greatest POTUS ever. Personally, I don't see how any POTUS will exceed George Washington, Thmas Jefferson, Lincoln, Eisenhower, Truman, or Reagan. That said, I think the man is the best for the job today.

Being honest, I'd struggle to come up with any good Obama policies, but I can name quite a few Trump actions and policies I fully celebrate.

OK, good points. So I just googled "Is the Obama Iran deal legal?" First couple of pages...liberal or conservative, I'm not seeing anything that explicitly says if the deal was legal or not. That would lead one to assume that it was legal?

Thoughts? Was it really Illegal?

A treaty involves two sides, two parties (minimally).

Did Iran sign it?

There's your answer.
edit on 5/10/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

(post by PublicOpinion removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Dad? LOL

No way he was way worse than Bush or Clinton or Bush Sr or Carter or Nixon. He was average. One hundred years from now, we'll look back on Obama as an average president.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. You're completely missing my point here, man. No POTUS has the legal authority to solo any commitment or promise by the USA, period. It is Unconstitutional and we are seeing what happens when one does so right now. Trump is taking grief over actually following the law. Obama did not have the authority to overrule the Congressionally applied sanctions on Iran, he did so illegally and all Trump has done here is return to legality. He did the exact same thing with DACA and with Paris. How fascinating to see people portray him as the jackass on topics where he is simply following the letter of the law as he swore to do when he took the oath of office.

I've never said Trump is the greatest POTUS ever. Personally, I don't see how any POTUS will exceed George Washington, Thmas Jefferson, Lincoln, Eisenhower, Truman, or Reagan. That said, I think the man is the best for the job today.

Being honest, I'd struggle to come up with any good Obama policies, but I can name quite a few Trump actions and policies I fully celebrate.

OK, good points. So I just googled "Is the Obama Iran deal legal?" First couple of pages...liberal or conservative, I'm not seeing anything that explicitly says if the deal was legal or not. That would lead one to assume that it was legal?

Thoughts? Was it really Illegal?

A treaty involves two sides, two parties (minimally).

Did Iran sign it?

There's your answer.

I don't think it was really a treaty...they main thing is that UK, France, Germany, Russia and China signed off on it. It was really an agreement with them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join