It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Was Not America's "Word"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimmley
a reply to: amazing

It was because they didn't have enough votes to make it pass, but had enough votes to make it stall in the senate. They even stated that the next POTUS would have to make the decision to go forth with it, or discontinue it. They were expecting HC to get elected and then get it passed through her normal political operational style. She didn't and now the current POTUS has decided it had to go.

Okay. I'm still not convinced the deal was bad, but that's an issue for another thread. I base that on China, Russia, UK, France and Germany all in on it. And although I realize that China and Russia don't always have our best interests at heart, they don't want a nuclear Iran or more destabalization in that region.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
on your #1....madman?...close, real close
on 2#....never heard anyone say he wants to go to war with Russia, he loves russia
on 3#....don't know yet, but he has threatened numerous times,
on 4#....again, never heard he wants to go to war with Russia, he friggin' loves putin, bro-crush, and envious of his dictatorial powers
on #5....IF iran starts building nukes, what do you think trump will do about it, let them? or go to war? Netanyahu played him like a fiddle.
you did get the 5 year ban right on lobbyists, so good for you

the rest of your rant is just nutsziod

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Particularly the quote.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

but if something is illegal then something is usually done about it.

Im being lazy and not searching out a gif showing raucous and uproarious laughter.

The only time any of those assholes on Capital Hill do anything is when its politically expedient. They think we've forgotten about the slush fund....as far as im concerned they are criminals waiting for America to turn its attention back on them.

I'm not seeing that anyone except trump has done anything?

This is why I will likely be voting Orange in 2020.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Particularly the quote.

sorry, being a democrat on here for over 10 years, I have learned not to respond to moderators anymore

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Particularly the quote.

sorry, being a democrat on here for over 10 years, I have learned not to respond to moderators anymore

...PSST...
Replying to tell someone you're not responding to them is, in fact, responding to them.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

There's a new piss and moan in town this morning. It's the "OMG, Trump shows the world that America's promises are meaningless." I've seen it referenced by excitable lads here on ATS, I've seen it spouted by a few excitable idiots on the news, and I've seen it in online commentary pieces such as the following:
www.nytimes.com...
time.com...
www.bostonglobe.com...

The position and posturing aren't logical, they're simply part of the death rattle of the Obama cult's last gasps. I'm starting to realize that while these same asshats cajole Trump's "America First" policies, they have been sitting on a policy of "Obama first." In their mind, Obama was the ultimate representation of America and Americans and his word was the only thing that mattered.

Sorry, brainwashed masses, but there's no legality behind that position and, in fact, the laws of the United States actually were written specifically to ensure that would never happen.

constitutioncenter.org...

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur

If Obama had not gone rogue and had actually followed protocol and laws (granted, not the man's strong suit), then the Senate's concerns would have been addressed and we'd have seen an honest to God legal treaty, ratified by lawmakers and binding! Imagine this, failing to follow the law and failure to follow the protocols and authority matrix specified by the codes of the United States risk serious consequences!!! Who knew? Had Obama actually done his job as a president rather than as a glorified community organizer in Chief, operating at a pay grade astronomically above his skill levels, we'd not be in this situation now. President Trump would not have had any reason to right this ship back onto waters within the legal framework of authority granted to presidents because that ship wouldn't have strayed from those waters in the first place.

As for "OMG, the world can't trust America's word!!!" STFU. This is exactly why the authority matrix exists in codified US law. The President of the United States is not a lone sword light reflecting this country's word and commitments, although the ass sure acted like he was exactly that for his final 6 years, his world of make believe doesn't make it so. This is why we have multiple branches of government and why we have such things as vetoes and ratification processes. A POTUS can negotiate a treaty, but a POTUS cannot sign this country into any commitments without direct oversight, consultation, and approval of the United States Senate. Trump didn't break America's word yesterday, get over yourself John Forbes Kerry... Go throw some ketchup on your butt ugly wife and grab some French Fries, you no longer work here... Trump brought to heel a man who had overstepped his authority and overthrew his coverage. Yes, Obama's face is likely a bit red, his cheeks stinging today, too damn bad, this is a lot bigger than Obama's massive ego.

It is laughably ironic that the same crowd who has perched themselves on a pedestal of #notmypresident, with such gems as
thetylt.com...

Many have rejected President Trump and don't believe he represents America.

would have the stones to claim that the Unconstitutional, entirely one-man-show "commitments" of the past president should be honored as "America's word" is at stake otherwise. No, no individual president may commit America to anything. This is the Catch 22 here, really. The President, as an individual leader, has a single commitment: a commitment to the US Constitution and her laws. Obama broke that promise to the Constitution, Trump just identified that fact and returned the nation to the track of law where this Iran situation is concerned. The sanctions were violated by Obama, unlawfully and only went unchecked while he was in office because he found 34 partisan lickspittles in the Senate who would ensure the Senate lacked a 2/3rds majority for an unblockable, unveto-able resolution that would restore the sanctions and deny the deal. That's not how things were supposed to be, and Obama knew that...

WHAT?????????????????? Has logic forsaken you?????????????

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Iran burned American flags in their parliament, while shouting death to America, all the while the Iranian radical hardliners were saying "see, they were lying all the time, you can't trust the Americans" and they were proven right.....Iran actually has the moral high ground....good job trump. another s**t salad served.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Obama told horrific lies that hurt millions of Americans.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

the iran deal NEVER had popular support, even when obama first made it, it was HUGELY unpopular. america as a country of by and for the people, will not upkeep a deal they never agreed too... it was obama's mistake assuming he could force americans into a deal they never liked,

if other countries want deals that will last they should only accept deals which have the support of the people.

trump has shown that deals which do not have the support of the people will not be honored, trump has shown this country is still ran by the people, despite obama thinking and acting the opposite. like a dictator.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Iran burned American flags in their parliament, while shouting death to America

If I'm not mistaken, that's how they've always started and ended every Iranian parliament gathering.

ETA: So you define moral high ground as burning flags and chanting for death of another country who backed out of a nonbinding, nontreaty, deal cut under a no longer in power individual acting alone? Interesting...
edit on 9-5-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If America was a person then that person would have personality disorders.

Every 4 to 8 years, another "personality" takes over.

It is the result of our political process. It is natural and to be expected.

It is foolish and naïve to think that just because a previous administration thought one way, the succeeding administration has the obligation to continue thinking that way.

It's ironic that the leftists call the Constitution a "living document" subject to change at any time, but policy and ideology cannot change and must be concrete.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Iran burned American flags in their parliament, while shouting death to America, . . .

Sounds like a rally of the DNC.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Iran burned American flags in their parliament, while shouting death to America, . . .

Sounds like a rally of the DNC.

IrANTIFA

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Particularly the quote.

But.....but....burdman is a.......and you just respon......I can't even.......

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

America is like that crazy skitzo with tourettes that hangs in public places freaking everyone out and everyone tries to ignore him because they're embarrassed and feel sad for the fella but also a little scared because he's an unpredictable firecracker.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

America is like that crazy skitzo with tourettes that hangs in public places freaking everyone out and everyone tries to ignore him because they're embarrassed and feel sad for the fella but also a little scared because he's an unpredictable firecracker.

On this planet, it pays to be a little nuts!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

You won't get any argument from me. My motto is "re-elect no one, ever." I don't have the power to have them tried for their crimes, but I have the ability to just say no to any and all incumbents that appear on my ballot. I welcome anyone who feels the same way to join me in rejecting both groups of lunatics but have few illusions: our fellows re-elect the incumbent more than 90% of the time.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Don't stop there. The movie star president presided over the Iran/Contra arms deal and was just as dirty as any of them.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'd be happier with Trump's decisions if they were not solely based on his desire to reverse anything the Obama administration put into place. But since that seems to be his core strategy towards attacking this term of his Presidency, I can only shake my head sadly and wonder how many years it will take to repair diplomatic ties that Trump crushes without a second thought.

What's really funny is how people actually think he has a clever strategy towards making the country great again. Let me tell you - just reversing anything your predecessor put into place is not a clever strategy. It's actually quite dangerous and ill-conceived. But his constituents don't see it that way - as long as Trump does anything that allows them to chest-thump and point at Obama and laugh is somehow a brilliant plan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join