It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Was Not America's "Word"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

No!

If you had bothered to read and try to comprehend the OP before spouting off "But Trump! "

You would have seen where the OP shows specifically how it wasn't legal.

Geeez

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Metallicus
Obama was a miserable President who followed another miserable President. Sixteen years of horrible Presidents that almost destroyed America. One can only hope that their legacies will be completely destroyed.

well they won't, so you can wipe the spittle off your chin while imagining it...gee, good thing no right-winger here dare bash Russia, that would be soooooooooo anti- Putin, and his butt-boy Trump

lmao, The MSM has you either so brain washed it's embarrassing or you are just trolling. Take your pick. But supporting the Constitution and the Rule of Law and wanting to make peace with a country that has been ingrained in our psych as the enemy for YEARS, is exactly why those of you who spout this Russian nonsense look like babbling idiots for doing so.

At least I hope you got your anger built up enough to go out and punch some Nazi's!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Why not try researching the laws that pertain to such things...I hardly think the MSM or Google are authorities on such things. The OP even provided some of the very constitutional language relating to this as part of his point in the OP

I'm not saying it's not illegal but I would think that if this deal is illegal there would be all sorts of legal activity to get us out of it. Like lawsuits, congressional votes and articles all over the internet showing how it's illegal. I'm not seeing that. what am I missing?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

People are upset that we don't have a monarchy.

Heh.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: Unflushable

if we actually withdraw the european union government at the very least better follow, otherwise they will be siding with an enemy.

Why should the EU?

Why is Iran Britain or the EU enemy?

What the # gives you the right to dictate who we form a treaty with?

Fine the US wants out? That's ok with me. That is your choice as a sovereign nation.
But be dammed if you expect the rest of the world to follow.....at least without compensation for lost business with Iran.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: RickyD

Why not try researching the laws that pertain to such things...I hardly think the MSM or Google are authorities on such things. The OP even provided some of the very constitutional language relating to this as part of his point in the OP

I'm not saying it's not illegal but I would think that if this deal is illegal there would be all sorts of legal activity to get us out of it. Like lawsuits, congressional votes and articles all over the internet showing how it's illegal. I'm not seeing that. what am I missing?

Let me ask you ...

If the law says that you are required to physically sign a contract in order for it to be binding, and you never do. Is it binding?

No.

Do you have to abide by it?

No.

If the other side of the contract starts acting like the contract was signed, are you under any obligation to uphold it?

No.

Why do you need to take anyone to court in order to extricate yourself from the situation? You didn't sign. You were never legally in the contract at all. There is no legal obligation for you to do anything.

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

No!

If you had bothered to read and try to comprehend the OP before spouting off "But Trump! "

You would have seen where the OP shows specifically how it wasn't legal.

Geeez

Why didn't the Senate do something about it then? I see what you and the OP are saying but if something is illegal then something is usually done about it. I'm not seeing that anyone except trump has done anything? Why no lawsuits or senate votes?

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Unflushable
well alone with your Isreali friends that will stab you in the back the first chance they get.

...and yet they've never done so. www.heritage.org... 96.7% UN vote coincidence between the US and Israel over the past 30 years.

Look at this from 2012 (taking a single year because I don't feel like slogging through 30+ years of this crap)
www.state.gov...

Israel was at a 92.3% consensus overall with the US. Iran was at 15.6%, France 71%, UK 73.8%, Canada 85.7%, Australia 71.0%... Our staunchest ally in the world theater of powers and y'all are waiting for them to stab us in the back? You gotta be a real hoot at keggers, man.

Fine, run off into the sunset with your Zionist buddies.

Honesty, I don't care if the US withdraws from the treaty. It's your country and you can do as you please with your foreign policy , sanction the moon for all I care.

Just don't expect or demand then other sovereign nations to follow.
edit on 9-5-2018 by Unflushable because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: amazing
OK, good points. So I just googled "Is the Obama Iran deal legal?" First couple of pages...liberal or conservative, I'm not seeing anything that explicitly says if the deal was legal or not. That would lead one to assume that it was legal?

Thoughts? Was it really Illegal?

If it is being seen as a treaty, yes, it is illegal. Obama had the authority to lighten administrative implementation of the sanctions, but he had no authority to make that the law of the land, meaning this administration was under no obligation to follow suit.

The answer is complicated, too complicated to say yes or no without the courts testing it.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Because the senate was in the habit of letting Obama get away with a lot of chit because the alternative was to be called racist by the press for many, many news cycles on end.

Trump, in case you haven't noticed, really doesn't care, and people do try. They try a lot.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

oh maybe because congress voted 162-269 against it...

www.congress.gov...
edit on 9-5-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Zionist

Oh goodie, a dog whistle.
edit on 9-5-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
For argument's sake, let's say he did break an agreement reached. So has every non-proliferation signee who then developed or has been progressing to develop nuclear weapons. No one has said their word can no long be trusted. Heck, it's even justified. "others have nukes, why shouldn't Iran and NK?"

Trump's campaign promises included many 'agreements' would be axed. Any and all which harmed or weren't in the interests of the U.S.. This is merely one.

Carry on, President Trump.
edit on 9-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Metallicus
Obama was a miserable President who followed another miserable President. Sixteen years of horrible Presidents that almost destroyed America. One can only hope that their legacies will be completely destroyed.

well they won't, so you can wipe the spittle off your chin while imagining it...gee, good thing no right-winger here dare bash Russia, that would be soooooooooo anti- Putin, and his butt-boy Trump

What are you on about? Who said anything about Russians, Right-wing or any of that.

Stop your bloviating.

edit on 2018/5/9 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

well alone with your Isreali friends that will stab you in the back the first chance they get.

...and yet they've never done so. www.heritage.org... 96.7% UN vote coincidence between the US and Israel over the past 30 years.

Look at this from 2012 (taking a single year because I don't feel like slogging through 30+ years of this crap)
www.state.gov...

Israel was at a 92.3% consensus overall with the US. Iran was at 15.6%, France 71%, UK 73.8%, Canada 85.7%, Australia 71.0%... Our staunchest ally in the world theater of powers and y'all are waiting for them to stab us in the back? You gotta be a real hoot at keggers, man.

Honesty, I don't care if the US withdraws from the treaty. It's your country and you can do as you please with your foreign policy , sanction the moon for all I care.

Well, I certainly hope you don't live in the EU because you lost your soveriegnty when you voted to become a member of the EU!

So thank you for giving us permission for not selling out our soviergnty?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Good stuff!

Was it secret double-secret illegal? Because none of the GOP leadership in Congress filed articles of impeachment over it, which -- if we're going by the rules, here -- should have been the first thing they did when they realized Obama didn't have the authority to do what he did under the constitution.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Zionist

Oh goodie, a dog whistle.

Deflection.

Dislike of the current Zionist government in Israel is different from hated of the Jewish people.

Not that you likely understand that concept seeing the world in simple binary terms.

Still it is besides the point and off the topic.

The point being I respect The USA right as a sovereign nation to break from the treaty. Fact is the USA has a history of breaking treatys and being rash and unreliable. Any country making a deal with the USA and expecting anything else deserves what they get.

As for the other treaty signers like the UK and EU? They should be allowed to stick with the treaty if they so wish.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Unflushable

It wasn't a treaty (read the OP, twice or thrice if need be), so there was no treaty to break. Obama wrote a check he lacked the capital to cover after January 20, 2017 and he's suffering the indignity of watching that check bounce because the administration that replaced his feels no need to honor a promise he had no authority to make good on once his term was through.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

www.state.gov...

Well, I certainly hope you don't live in the EU because you lost your soveriegnty when you voted to become a member of the EU!

So thank you for giving us permission for not selling out our soviergnty?

UK so ditching that EU mess.

And that's the point I was making. You don't need my "permission ", you can do what you like, however rash, stupid or misguided.

Just don't demand or expect other nations to follow you in turn.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: RickyD

Good stuff!

Was it secret double-secret illegal? Because none of the GOP leadership in Congress filed articles of impeachment over it, which -- if we're going by the rules, here -- should have been the first thing they did when they realized Obama didn't have the authority to do what he did under the constitution.

Just goes to show how dirty the whole damn bunch of em are doesn't it? We either have to put em in front of a military tribunal for treason and hang em all, OR try sort out the good from the bad!

D or R to blindly support either due to those 2 letters is cult like. Also sadly to say, I have been watching many of our so called future leaders running for elections and I have to say it is quite embarrasing that these power hungry liars are the best we have to represent us?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join