It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PMSL The UK gets millions in foreign 'aid' from the US!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I was thinking along the lines of supplies to the base etc, I assume they source local food, buy local fuel etc?

It´s in the calculation. You seem to forget the 100million yearly comes from those local food source and income taxes for example.

I can calculate with the gain they make, that would be 10-20% profit maybe. Even less than my previous example. Don´t confuse turnover with profit.

It may boost locally but in the end it takes away more money than it brings. Just talking monetary value here, as I said, US is also our allie (or we´re their puppets, depends).

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Ah I see what you are saying, thanks for the interesting reply, it's always good getting a local perspective instead of an internet search, it's why I love ATS.

Seems strange they still occupy you though, that's how I see it, like naughty Germany can't be left without keeping an eye them. I'd vote to end the occupation or make them pay for it if they want to continue. Russia isn't going to be attacking anyone in the EU any time soon, they want business and trade. They certainly wouldn't attack London, billions of £'s tied up here in property and other sectors.
Germany should stand proud and say we don't need you anymore thanks.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Won´t happen, never. It´s a important geo-strategic location for the USA. Thus we will always be influenced in that sense.

The german republic is not souvereign, never was since WW2.
edit on 9-5-2018 by verschickter because: typo

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
The german republic is not souvereign, never was since WW2.

That's what saddens me for German people today, it was generations ago, isn't there some international law that restricts your military still? I'd be well pissed off if I was German, WW11 had nothing to do with you yet your nation is still 'influenced' as you put it, and I think occupied...and now I learn are paying for the honour...you couldn't make it up.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I should have worded it more clearly. Officially we are souvereign but in reality we are not.

Even Wolfgang Schäuble a big political figure has this to say:

"Wir in Deutschland sind seit dem 8. Mai. 1945 zu keinem Zeitpunkt mehr voll souverän gewesen".
[sic: translated by me:]
"Since the 8th may 1945, at no point in time, we have ever been fully sovereign again.

This guy has list of achievements like the great "Federal Cross of Merit" and other that would fill a whole page if listed. He also was:

-Head of finance ministry
-Head of defense ministry
-Head of foreign affairs ministry
and some more

So if he says that, besides the "fact" that we are sovereign, I have no reason to not believe him. He speaks from his viewpoint as former finance, defense and foreign affairs minister.

I trust his opinion on this one although I don´t like him personally and disagree with many of his politics. But I think we are way offtopic now.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That money is to cover "wages" for certain "people" that eeerrr don't spy on American citizens from the UK so the American agencies can say "we don't spy on our own people". From places like Menwi...... ooo I didn't mean to say that, forget the name immediately.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

They do the same to us and vice versa to you from a bavarian location, won´t write the name but it´s obvious if you dig a bit. Look for a huge circle near Augsburg on GE. From here they can reach as far as tunesia (!!). There is a investigation into this currently and it´s a farce. Every answer they give is "secret and not for the public". It´s that easy.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Lol I know what you are saying

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
But I think we are way offtopic now.

Meh, I started the thread, it's kind of on topic with US 'aid' as they keep their bases there and you pay for most of it. I'm on your side mate, if I was German I'd want them out. No offence to US mates but you know what I mean.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well the US also provides protection to Germany. If you look at our Bundeswehr falling apart.. That needs to be said, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join