It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there ticks everywhere now?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It is very weird you mentioned eggs cooked in coconut oil and drinking coffee, that is what I eat a lot of, actually if I eat breakfast that is exactly what I have. Maybe that is why I don't get ticks on me!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It is very weird you mentioned eggs cooked in coconut oil and drinking coffee, that is what I eat a lot of, actually if I eat breakfast that is exactly what I have. Maybe that is why I don't get ticks on me!

It is because You have the 'Blood of the Pharaoh' coursing through Your veins... Do You ever 'wear' the Coconut oil? I've been using it since My Epiphany a few years ago. Simply staying hydrated can keep a bunch of 'issues' at bay. I use it every where I have exposed skin, and because I'm a 'closet nudist', in fact I'm naked now underneath My hemp clothing. (That is another thing- Cotton™ is dead to Me. I could expound on this and how if the Forefathers had planted Cannabis in lieu of Cotton, they would've had "volunteers" instead of having to import their labor force)..

Anyways, I use it every day and I go out bass fishing 3-5x a week and NEVER burn... Oh and it gives You energy and real, real smooth skin. So smooth in fact, I had a Mother/Daughter from France follow Me into a market in Linlithgow, Scotland and ask if they could feel My "shimmering skin" They each copped a rub..

Stay Hydrated...

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I do use coconut oil for lotion, or other natural oils like almond and jojoba. I also don't prefer cotton, my preference is pure linen, and wool in the winter.

There is a passage in the bible about mixing fibers and I think there is more to it than people realize. I can't stand synthetic fiber clothing, so much clothing is made from plastic now, it stinks, it's uncomfortable and I personally don't think it is good for your skin.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I saw a report recently by some researcher or something, he predicts a huge upsurge in ticks this year.

The reason - it had something to do with mice and acorns. More mice = more ticks.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

As it relates to Your bit about TheBible™ It has been My experience that most folks do an excellent task of paring the bits and pieces of said Manual...

How do I know? Me and Fr. Steve were discussing it on a Friday before teeing it up and He was munching on a cheeseburger...

Bamboo is also comfy...

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's that time of year isn't it?
They drop from trees or bushes or tall grass. I live in a city but my yard is an arboretum lol.
Two years ago we took down four very old very big pine trees. The trees were about eighty years old. That cut back on the tick population some but we still have seven smaller trees. Just not the size of the old giants we took down. The ticks live on squirrel and raccoons and opossum and there are no shortage of them even in the city. Oh and rats too. I think ticks are like ants. You can't really conquer them just try to control them. wear light color clothing if you hike in the woods, use repellant and enjoy the outdoors.
edit on 592018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I never had one single tick in my whole life and I live in a part of the world where we are in the "light red zone".

It´s about time that biologists research what people like me have in common and make a repellant from it. Yes I do shower once in a year so it´s not the stink

edit on 9-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I found a tick on the back of my head here at work today. Luckily, it had not bitten me yet... but the only chance it had to get on me was when I was walking from my house to my car today.

I am in central Illinois. So: ticks here too. Hate them ... and I feel like now they are crawling all over me!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Southern Illinois here and I just pulled two off of one of the dogs earlier.

The wife had one on her the other day.

Seems a bit worse this year already.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Me either, I'm outside much more than the average person. I have never once had a tick on me even when other people around me are covered in them. Must be the blood, skin, how we breathe, what we eat, something. I am also not allergic to poison ivy. I've pulled it out with my bare hand many times, my dad is the same way. They say a small percent of the population has no reaction to it. So I have no reaction to ticks or poison ivy, but in return I am an absolute magnet for mosquitos, guess we can't have it all!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

That doesn't stop you from getting ticks, it helps your immune system fight off the Lyme disease, especially when you are initially infected.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've never been a big tick attractant either. I recall getting a small one once, years ago when I went to summer camp, but that's it (now watch me get tons of them this year).

I never get bothered much by mosquitos either although I do get the occasional bite and I can see them attacking my husband relentlessly when we're out so I know they're around.

Chiggers are my especial bain. I am terribly allergic to them though. If there is a chigger anywhere within a half mile, it will find me, and I will suffer horribly from it.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

but in return I am an absolute magnet for mosquitos, guess we can't have it all!

I see similarities here. Don´t know about poison ivy but gnats and mosquitos is worse. The love me.

Trick: Get "bacillus thuringiensis israelensis" and speak to your neighbors if you are allowed to put a few drops of it in their outdoor water tanks regulary. I do this since 8-10 years and we are basically almost gnat free here It´s not harmful for humans.

It took a few years before you saw the results. Those gnats that you see now can´t even really fly anymore, they barely get off the ground and seem to be confused.
edit on 9-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
years ago they sprayed for ticks, they no longer do this.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They are terrible this year where I am (ND) because spring came late and very quickly. Most years the warming is gradual and the ticks emerge over a longer period of time. We went from below freezing in early/mid april to 70-80 at the end of april.

They're all hungry and coming out all at the same time.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

That I can believe.

It's the pattern here too, but I haven't heard any tick reports. But we also went from very, very cold to very warm within a week or two.

It's like going from winter to summer with no spring.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

I saw a report recently by some researcher or something, he predicts a huge upsurge in ticks this year.

The reason - it had something to do with mice and acorns. More mice = more ticks.

Yes. Ticks pass their larval stage attached to mice and birds. Abundant nut or grain crops will promise a boom in the mouse and bird populations.

They are very bad in Virginia. We have chickens and didn't see any last year, this year probably 15 -20 already.
i keep seeing this idea that possums eat ticks. I think it's another urban myth. There is no nutritional value in eating ticks one at a time. Maybe possums don't carry ticks for some reason, giving rise to the idea that they must eat them.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

edit on 9-5-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Have not seen any yet this year. But I'm sure they will be around soon. Grimy little buggers...

Phenology is the science of natural calendars. The connections of things. Does an extra long winter mean x or y? If the maples leaf out early will a or b happen later? A lot of observations all gobbed together. That sort of thing.

I am not a tickologist but there is some semi-interesting reading.

www.usanpn.org...
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Only found one so far, on our dog this year.

Giving the area we live, it should be a lot more.

Old farm overgrown land and swampy.

But we are pretty much in China.

Could be heavy metals in the ground, lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join