It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That russian oligarch that allegedly gave money to trumps lawyer gave money to the Clintons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Look at all the half cocked BS that's talked about and believed in on certain very popular threads around here. You know the ones I'm talking about. I guarantee that if those things were talked about in the media then a lot of people wouldn't mind one bit.
edit on 5/9/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: underwerks

but missing the bigger picture seems to be your specialty. The reason that was brought up, is that the same level of interest doens't seem to be paid with the Clintons for the same event. Trump is under investigation and so is everyone he has ever known, but Bill and Hillary get to call it a "matter" and it's dismissed as no intent existed. See, if this was reversed, you would be angry I'd wager.

I’m sure I care about the Clintons as much as they care about me.

You’re right, around here the same level of interest isn’t shown in both cases. When It’s concerning the Clintons, there are almost instantly a large number of flags and stars and almost a guaranteed spot on the front page.

When team Trump are the ones in question, not even half the amount of interest is shown. I see the big picture, it just isn’t the one you want me to.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Boadicea

In that case since OJ wasn't convicted of murder no one should ever be convicted of murder again. That's basically the argument I'm hearing here...

Well... no. Big difference what govt law enforcement agencies do to investigate and/or prosecute alleged wrongdoing and what a jury of our peers determines after full examination and evaluation of the evidence presented in a court of law, in which all parties have legal representation and protection.

A better analogy might be that because the prosecutors bungled the case and lost, that no murder charges should ever be brought against anyone ever again.

...that since the Clinton's got away with it then so should Trump.

Yeah, some will say that... So what? I'm not. And many others are not. A wise person once said, "Mind it and it will matter." If you focus on stupid stuff people say, then we just get more stupid stuff said. If you focus on the appropriate response and solution, then we get better results.

In the case, the appropriate response to the apparent judicial malfeasance is to point out the major discrepancies in how these very similar situations and people were treated, and demand better: equal application of the law.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Aside from the fact that Trump is currently President of the United States and it's objectively more important what he and his team are up to now than former SoS Clinton and hers were years ago, I'd also like to point out that in all this talk about double standards, there's an *obvious* double standard applied by Trump supporters.

The irony is that your defense of Team Trump is to show that they're just like Team Clinton. And we all know how the "lock her up!" crowd feels about the Clintons.

Why don't you hold Trump to the same standard as the Clintons?
edit on 2018-5-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yeah, some will say that... So what?

Who here has said Clinton should get away with anything though? That's the entire premise of the OP, the assumption that people don't care that Clinton did the same thing as Trump. In fact, I very rarely see anyone defending Clinton around here if at all yet she is always brought up as if she's defended constantly.

Clinton is a crooked piece of crap, that doesn't mean Trump is the best thing ever though. You can dislike both at the same time but a lot of people seem to think her actions excuse Trump's simply because... well I'm not really sure to be honest.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Exactly! This thread doesn't make any sense. Their whole point during the elections was about how "different" Trump was to other politicians, yet now that he's in office they keep pointing out just how similar he is to other politicians, especially Obama and Clinton, in order to justify his actions. It's really strange.
edit on 5/9/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It is my opinion that perhaps it is because of the absolute zealous hypocrisy that the phenomenon you point out is occurring. One side points out alleged wrong doings of the other side while ignoring the same behavior on behalf of their own side. Both sides participate but the side that currently holds power is of course taking the heat, while the other side exhibits extreme amnesia.

I still find it absolutely hillaryarious that one side who purchased political dirt from a foreign power, actual known clandestine operatives is accusing the other side of colluding with the same foreign entities for political gain or personal gain. Absolutely unbelievable times we are witnessing.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Nvm.

edit on 5/9/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Im unsure what you're talking about specifically...but can point to some OIG reports that indicate malfeasance from the FBI. So there is "something" there. Not sure we will ever see it though.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

One side points out alleged wrong doings of the other side while ignoring the same behavior on behalf of their own side. Both sides participate but the side that currently holds power is of course taking the heat, while the other side exhibits extreme amnesia

I think that's the entire point from those orchestrating this whole debacle. If anyone thinks this is all happening organically or naturally then they are blind in my opinion. It's all a psyop 100% with both parties being implicit and "in the know" of what's going on. They fight out in the open but behind closed doors shake hands.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I'm not going to discuss other posters. It's against T&C's and it's not practical.

People can and will say what they will. ATSers can and will say what they will. That's not the problem... as long as they don't have any power over us. There is no practical purpose in being so much more concerned with what a few ATSers with no power over us are saying and thinking, rather than the corrupt critters who do have power over us and are making a total mockery and Star Chamber out of our judicial system? Indeed, initially you were playing their foot soldier by contemptuously dismissing the equal application of the law as mere "whataboutism."

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Im unsure what you're talking about specifically...but can point to some OIG reports that indicate malfeasance from the FBI. So there is "something" there. Not sure we will ever see it though.

The nation's secret intelligence court has identified more than 75 cases in which it says it was misled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in documents in which the bureau attempted to justify its need for wiretaps and other electronic surveillance, according to the first of the court's rulings to be released publicly.

What ever happened after this report in 2002?

Oh that's right people like Nunes kept voting to expand spying and fisa courts.

Maybe we should blame the lawmakers who allow the laws to blur what is legal.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Im unsure what you're talking about specifically...

17th letter of the alphabet. Go to almost any random page in one of those particular threads and you'll see the "half cocked BS" I'm talking about.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: underwerks

but missing the bigger picture seems to be your specialty. The reason that was brought up, is that the same level of interest doens't seem to be paid with the Clintons for the same event. Trump is under investigation and so is everyone he has ever known, but Bill and Hillary get to call it a "matter" and it's dismissed as no intent existed. See, if this was reversed, you would be angry I'd wager.

I’m sure I care about the Clintons as much as they care about me.

You’re right, around here the same level of interest isn’t shown in both cases. When It’s concerning the Clintons, there are almost instantly a large number of flags and stars and almost a guaranteed spot on the front page.

When team Trump are the ones in question, not even half the amount of interest is shown. I see the big picture, it just isn’t the one you want me to.

And if ATS was a representation of the DOJ, you would be right, and I would look like to fool here, but see, it just ain't that way.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Aside from the fact that Trump is currently President of the United States and it's objectively more important what he and his team are up to now than former SoS Clinton and hers were years ago, I'd also like to point out that in all this talk about double standards, there's an *obvious* double standard applied by Trump supporters.

The irony is that your defense of Team Trump is to show that they're just like Team Clinton. And we all know how the "lock her up!" crowd feels about the Clintons.

You may be right about double standards here on ATS, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t really a big deal. My neighbor doesn’t give one crap about ATS. The double standards in the investigation process from the FBI in regards to Clinton’s vs Trump effects the entire country. Very big difference!

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

You may be right about double standards here on ATS, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t really a big deal. My neighbor doesn’t give one crap about ATS. The double standards in the investigation process from the FBI in regards to Clinton’s vs Trump effects the entire country. Very big difference!

Didn't her husband get impeached by the House over a bj? From a special council?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Perhaps your attention span is really small, and we should all put disclaimers at the bottom of each post, but I believe most of the Trump supporters here have voiced the opinion that if He is guilty of something, string his ass up. The last thing any of us want is to look all wishy washy and stupid by showing double standards.

What crimes is Trump guilty of at the moment?

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't see this as whataboutism as much as "where-were-they-then-ism". Why does the MSM and these federal agencies go after Trump with such unrelenting gusto when researching the previous administration(s) turns up the same or worse? Seriously, where were they then???? Why no interest in the dirty dealings of the Dems? I think most of us know why.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Bingo, you should win the carnival surprise of the day, only a small of course as we all know no one ever wins one of the jumbo.

The small scale phenomenon we see exhibited here is being played out larger scale everyday before our very eyes, I refer to it as the Us and Them game, the definitions are never defined publically, as we automatically define ourselves.

The Powers ringing the Division Bell do not care for providing those definitions as the goal is only to have an Us and Them regardless of who is in actual power, it's a sham and a shame we often fail to recognize when we are being played

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Didn't her husband get impeached by the House over a bj? From a special council?

nope, he was impeached for lying under oath about the BJ. Would you like a link to the entire affair so you don't make that kind of mistake again?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join