It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer, Evolution or Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It seems to me that Cancer has more to do with evolution than a disease.

In this modern age you have to wonder why we get cancer, is it because of the sun or of what we use and eat.

Or is it evolutionary, In my oppinion cancer isn't very new. Its been around a long time, only never properly called cancer.

This is my oppinion, if you look at cancer in a view point were you don't see it as a disease, it looks like evolution taking place.

Cancer seems to be in my oppinion to be more like our body is trying to evolve, its just that most of our body isn't ready, Cancer causes cells to reproduce, but tries to keep old ones alive. Its nature to try to stay alive, why cant this be applied to cells. Darwinism is at work everywhere you look.

Cancer is the production of darwinism in our body, our body is trying to cure something in our body, I don't exactly know what, but it seems to me that cancer has a lot of good qualities too.

My final statement is that maybe cancer is just evolution taking place. Although many have said that a lot of other things cause cancer, maybe its not the chemicals that are doing harm to the body, but thanks to them our body is evolving for the better, its just right now our bodies are in the beggining stages of understanding cancers true potential.

The best example, I can give is:"When man discovered Iron." It was first used for weapons but later after it was understood, it became part of our daily lives and was used for more than weapons but to better our lives.

Thanks for reading, hope you respond.

[Edited on 7/2/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You could be onto something?..I don't know a great deal about cancer, but I am learning as my ex-husband was just diagnosed with cancer, so I've been doing alot more research about it then I have in the past.

Cancer cells do form through our body and thus destroy our own living cells..this is why cancer can be so damaging and deadly. But the thing about it is there are multitudes of different types of cancer. For instance thyroid cancer-there are several types of cancer that can cause thyroid cancer..when they do a biopsy they determine what cells those are and then give you the name of the type of cancer it is. So I have to say that this would be one distinct reason why I would have to disagree with you about cancer being in anyway some type of evolution. Cancer is destructive and breaks down living cells and tissues, it eats away at whatever is infected with it-in most cases. And it can spread throughout our bodies and continue to kill off everything living and working inside us. In this case that it fully takes over, we die from it. So this to me strays it far away from being a type of evolving..unless you consider death, evolution? In order for survival, cancer must be destroyed...there's no other way really.

So there's my thoughts, and I'm probably wrong about the way I presented some of my info..but I'm sure someone will correct me
But with what I do know, or think I know, I would have to strongly disagree..
Magestica

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I will try not to get pissed off. not your fault fox, just that i recently lost someone to cancer. anyway it is certainly a different way of looking at it. when you say evolving, do you have any specific ideas as to what we are trying to evolve into?

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I understand about the disagreement Magestica, you are right there are a lot of different types of cancer.

Daystar - my condolences to your loved one, didn't mean to piss you off.

But the reason I am sticking to my Guns on this issue is because of the strong evidence that some types of cancers try to munipulate our cells and kill of others, but if you see that as bad, then you are missing the point of evolution. Thats why I included Darwanism.

There hasn't been a true cure for cancer because maybe theres not suppost to be one. It human thought that determine what you think cancer is, although this is a touchy issue, I see that at least you should consider the possibility.

When you give a dose of Kemotherapy to a cancer pacient you hope that its completely gone, maybe thats the price you pay for tring to get rid of something that is part of you in the first place. Cancer is maybe in the DNA, although many blame it on other things, maybe its not all the products that you use or how long your in the sun.

Cancer, to spread to so many people is not coincidental, or every person who ever sat in the sun might get it or that ate the same product or used the same product.

Cancer seems to be diagnosed through Random people, some get it, some don't.

If anyone can give me people who were using the same product and all got cancer, thats when I will sit down and agree with you.

Unfortunetly, that has not happened.

Maybe the chemicals we consume or the sun rays we receive have a thing to do with cancer, but in my oppinion it only triggers whats already inside of you.

Yes, I think cancer has a cure, but maybe we've been looking in the wrong place.

[Edited on 7/2/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Cancer is a form of evolution, but not in the typical sense, it is caused by a lack of B17 in the body. Remember the good ole days when no one had cancer then over a decade a mystery illness started to effect people? they called it Cancer. well during that decade our eating habits changed fast food came to the forefront, We as a people no longer eat the right foods, How long has it been since you had Marzipane pudding?? a long time i will bet, Marzipane is teeming with B17. When we stop taking B17 it causes a reaction in our body, that reaction though slow is called cancer, all cancer sufferers have a lack of b17 in thee bodys, I Garuntee it, my mother had a lack of B17 when she got breast cancer, they cut it out but didnt get all of it, but then she read about why cancer is caused B17 deficency, she started eating apricot seeds and marzipane pudding, now she is cancer free, not from surgery or from radiotherapy or chemo therapy, just by changing her eating habits, if you dont want cancer find a source of b17 and eat up. Its that Simple.

www.1cure4cancer.com...

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by seedy_sid]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
seedy_sid - We'll, I'm glad to have an allie in the debate.

Thanks for the website. didn't quite know what B17 was, and if it is true, I got to head down to the nearest store which carries apricot seeds and marzipane pudding (although it doesn't sound delicious)

Seedy - I am a little skeptical, if this is true then why is it not known by a lot of people.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
i am just curious coz as i said its a touchy subject at the mo and i have never heard your theory before. its quite interesting to say the least

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
No problem, I know how people get when they've lost a loved one.

I just lost a cousin in a Drive-By shooting

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Then you have my condolences fox, sorry

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
the reason most people dont know about it is beacause it isnt a atifically created cure, so none of the big pharmisutical companys pay any attention they would make no money from it.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That was interesting about dietry conditions, I can imagine the change in diet affecting all sorts of things. Howver the idea of cancer as evolution is just wrong.

If it is 'evolution' then what is it that the people who don't get cancer have, that people who do get cancer don't have? An extra arm or more intelligence or what?

Who siad that cancer didn't affect people in the past, they may not have had the name 'cancer' for it, but that does not mean the diesase was not present.

As well people often died in the past of many other things that are not around now, influenza, tuburculosis etc, with those diseases removed then it would 'seem' like cancer is taking their place. But in fact as people are not getting traditional diseases it just means that the 'new' diseases are starting to stand out. Something is gonna kill you eventually, as you remove the traditional reasons then others will arise. Its not evolution, at all, just fate...

top topics

join