It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Deeper Meaning TL2018

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I remember her name. I remember her face. Beautiful and innocent in the way only youth can provide. A genuine humor and flirtatious charm that lured and kept man a young mans hearts although always dodging and evading their advances. To my and many of my peers surprise, she chose me.

It was a long and hot summer which should not indicate any more than the weather. From coast to coast to coast...of Michigan, we road-tripped. Finding camps and hikes throughout. Long campfire talks of dreams and direction. What makes up 'us' and what makes us human. Deep long discussion that was always fresh and advancing. A deep human relation that one only shares with few. Through this bond however lacked the typical due of a budding relationship. The romance, the hot sexy desire, absent.

It was reciprocal. Not among the topics we explored nor the desire of being alone with this woman so far into desolation. Not that I would have denied nor did the thought traverse my mind! It simply was not the pinnacle of our time together.

This is how I learned, how I was taught what a friend could be and how they could exist within the opposite sex. How love need not be within the loins but and overall feeling and yearn to be with someone on a level that supersedes all lust. I keep those memories and the lessons.

That was, to me, tough love.

(No! I was not friend-zoned!)
edit on 8-5-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Such deep connections are wonderful things, even more with the opposite sex because it provides a totally different viewpoint.

the end?
edit on 8-5-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

This is how I learned, how I was taught what a friend could be and how they could exist within the opposite sex. How love need not be within the loins but and overall feeling and yearn to be with someone on a level that supersedes all lust. I keep those memories and the lessons.

That was, to me, tough love.

(No! I was not friend-zoned!)

One of my favorite comedians is doug stanhope.

he has this joke where he is taling about intimacy bewteen men and women.

He tells a story of how this woman friend of his had a gaping wound that he held as he took her to the hosipital, and how he stayed with her when they got there and held on to her.

He said that is more intimate than any sex act, and he is absolutely right.

Your story reminded me of that.

Sexuality can be important and very healthy. But love and intimacy is far more than that.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Such deep connections are wonderful things, even more with the opposite sex because it provides a totally different viewpoint.

the end?

The end of her and I as us, however we still speak and communicate.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Until that point, women were only a sex symbol or a mother. (Yes, I was that close-minded) Was a very meaningful learning experience and shaped what type of man I became.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Worth a star and flag just to get someone mentioning Doug Stanhope in such a way.

I loved it though, it just seemed to roll right.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Appreciate the kind words Sprocket.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Nicely written, Jin. A good lesson to learn, but a hard one.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
Nicely written, Jin. A good lesson to learn, but a hard one.

Thanks Shep.

new topics

top topics

join